Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

what are the effects of high and lower diff. position
cheers
Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by boon
hey guys, just build my diff up with the new diff rings and there seems to be a good 0.5-1mm slack between the outdrive and the diff ring! is this normal? is it a more snug fit when you use the non-notched outdrives?

also, after the diff was build there seemed to be a high spot somewhere, rebuilt the diff again and its still there any ideas what might be causing it?

All the best in vegas! whoever is fortunate enough to make the trip

any help appreciated
Boon, check to see if the circlip for the thrust bearing is sitting correctly
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
what are the effects of high and lower diff. position
cheers
Usually, if you lower the diff, you'll get more traction on that end. I like to run a low front diff and high rear diff to gain more steering.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Sucks that you cant make it.. next year I guess!
Yeah, I'm planning on next year. Have fun.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Out of interest, what was your setup for the KO?
Sent you a PM with my set-up

Chaz
Old 09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Whats the height difference from front to rear on the roll center screw holes in the bulkhead??

Bryan
Old 09-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

1mm
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison
1mm
So the front is 1mm lower than the rear right?? or the other way around
Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

yea tharts right

for example

1mm front
2mm rear is level all round

thanks jimmy
Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison
yea tharts right

for example

1mm front
2mm rear is level all round

thanks jimmy
Well that certainly makes some of the set up sheets I've seen make a more sense.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 AM
PW
Tech Elite

The reasoning for the front lower mounting position (suspension mounts) in the front is for the exra clearance needed for the the steering rods
Old 09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How are you guys doing in vegas?????

tear it up!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi PW/Randy/Schumacher guys .... have any of you used Orion 4800 Platinum Packs in your Mi3s? I just finished building mine up and although the hard cased 4800s do slot in easily under the bulkheads, i noticed two things:

1) with the battery terminals positioned toward the rear end of the kit (near the spur), and centering it between the two battery tape slots in the chassis, the terminal will be covered up by the rear bulkhead hence i wont be able to slot in the battery plugs from my esc lead wires. moving the terminals to the front end of the chassis is no good either as you'll have both the front bulkhead and the steering rack to contend with there.
2) if i try to push the packs more to the rear (actually having them jammed up against the rear bulkhead) then center it toward the center of the chassis just millimeters from hitting the belt, the terminal clears the bulkhead but the front end of the pack will not clear the steering rack and it will cover up the rear battery tape slot.

Need a little help with this. Dont really know how to solve this and im not too keen on buying new sets of packs after already inversting in a couple of Orion Platinums which work with no hitches in my type-r. Not too hot about griding down on the bulkheads as this would result in having to take away a good chunk of the material which is surely not a good thing. Was hoping that this wouldnt have been a problem given the mi3 was supposed to be deisigned with lipo (a main consideration for buying it), 5&6 cell racing in mind .... i hope they dint mean other LiPo packs except the Orion Hard cased 4800s.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'll see if i can post pics later to explain this further but im at the office away from my gear.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 09-26-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

From what i've heard and i dont know this for sure but isnt that one of the largest LiPo packs on the market? I've only seen the Core, and Max Amps pack in the MI3 and i've not seen a problem at all?

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Hi PW/Randy/Schumacher guys .... have any of you used Orion 4800 Platinum Packs in your Mi3s? I just finished building mine up and although the hard cased 4800s do slot in easily under the bulkheads, i noticed two things:

1) with the battery terminals positioned toward the rear end of the kit (near the spur), and centering it between the two battery tape slots in the chassis, the terminal will be covered up by the rear bulkhead hence i wont be able to slot in the battery plugs from my esc lead wires. moving the terminals to the front end of the chassis is no good either as you'll have both the front bulkhead and the steering rack to contend with there.
2) if i try to push the packs more to the rear (actually having them jammed up against the rear bulkhead) then center it toward the center of the chassis just millimeters from hitting the belt, the terminal clears the bulkhead but the front end of the pack will not clear the steering rack and it will cover up the rear battery tape slot.

Need a little help with this. Dont really know how to solve this and im not too keen on buying new sets of packs after already inversting in a couple of Orion Platinums which work with no hitches in my type-r. Not too hot about griding down on the bulkheads as this would result in having to take away a good chunk of the material which is surely not a good thing. Was hoping that this wouldnt have been a problem given the mi3 was supposed to be deisigned with lipo (a main consideration for buying it), 5&6 cell racing in mind .... i hope they dint mean other LiPo packs except the Orion Hard cased 4800s.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'll see if i can post pics later to explain this further but im at the office away from my gear.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

abailey: probably so but unfortunately these are the ones i use and have been very happy with them since i purchased them. I know about the Core packs and like that they come with a hard case and of cors max amps (soft packs) but im really looking at making what i currently have work first (if thats possible at all) rather than making a new purchase all together since unfortunately the rc funds are not unlimitted for me ... so any help would really be great .... offhand i was thinking moving the steering assembly forward one hole (which would change ackerman) but that would entail a different rack rod which unfortunately does not come in the box with the kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.