Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OVA
Question : what's the best set up change on the car to get more side bite ?
(speaking of jaco Blue rubber tires)
Hy,
can you please tell me where the car get unstable?
corner entering, mid corner or exit on throttle?

Whit the rollcenter I tried also a lot and it depend on the track ...
on fluid track you can run in front areally little rollcenter about 1mm-1,5mm

on our very technical track with fast "s" chicanes its impossible to drive with such a low rollcenter in front ... the car get to hard to drive on heavy weight tranfers ..so most of the time i run in front 3mm on the upperlinks and 0 front/front and 0,5fornt/rear under the wishbones. like that my car is really dialed in any situation.

@method699 no problem dude ...It a pleasure to see people going faster and faster with the A700 ..

kind regards Tom
Old 12-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations for Tom Maquel!
Big international GP3F race ( France) - 2nd place in 10.5T busted class.
His A700 setup is on our site now.
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Tried no more than 1.5mm under the arm mounts. Rear seems happier at .5 at the most. Front with no more 1.5mm.
Thanks Mark
Old 12-28-2011, 10:51 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbone13
Hy,
can you please tell me where the car get unstable?
corner entering, mid corner or exit on throttle?

Whit the rollcenter I tried also a lot and it depend on the track ...
on fluid track you can run in front areally little rollcenter about 1mm-1,5mm

on our very technical track with fast "s" chicanes its impossible to drive with such a low rollcenter in front ... the car get to hard to drive on heavy weight tranfers ..so most of the time i run in front 3mm on the upperlinks and 0 front/front and 0,5fornt/rear under the wishbones. like that my car is really dialed in any situation.

@method699 no problem dude ...It a pleasure to see people going faster and faster with the A700 ..

kind regards Tom
Hi Tom
My A700 is drive great..I just wanted to know if I decided to low roll center or high if needed..Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What is the general consensus on oil weight for the rear gear differential? I'm currently running AE 80wt (=1000cST) oil in my gear diff. The diff is very loose and free. I've run my car on 4 different race/practice days with mixed results. The first 2 sessions my car was very predictable and easy to drive. I would categorize the overall handling as slightly pushy. It would be slightly pushy entering the turn and at mid corner and corner exit (full throttle) my rear end was planted while providing the right amount of steering.

However, my last 2 race days have been complete opposites and utter disasters. My car is still slightly lazy entering the corner but rotates way too quickly at mid/exit causing it to hook or traction roll (when traction comes up). I've had several folks (excellent drivers and experienced at chassis setup) help me out this past weekend. Based on their recommendation I made numerous changes througout the day but was unable to get it to where it was on the first two outings. By the end of the day everyone was pretty much stumped.

I've been thinking about going to a slightly heavier (even mix of 1000cST and 2000cST) weight oil on my gear diff. Do you guys think that can help? There's a big race in January at my local carpet track and if I can't get this sorted out I'll most likely shelf the car for that race.

This was the original setup that worked great the first two times.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Initiate

my car...
youtube.com/watch?v=m98kJ89Y2ys
Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

John.C,

What is your front and rear SRS/RHS ARR - I or II ?

Could you please inform your setup by means of our "New editable A700 setup sheet"?

http://awesomatix.com/download/page/1/

It will be very usefull for understanding of problem areas on your car.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

John, did you cut the top deck?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by method699
Nice driving! And very tight and difficult track as I see it.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by John.C
What is the general consensus on oil weight for the rear gear differential? I'm currently running AE 80wt (=1000cST) oil in my gear diff. The diff is very loose and free. I've run my car on 4 different race/practice days with mixed results. The first 2 sessions my car was very predictable and easy to drive. I would categorize the overall handling as slightly pushy. It would be slightly pushy entering the turn and at mid corner and corner exit (full throttle) my rear end was planted while providing the right amount of steering.

However, my last 2 race days have been complete opposites and utter disasters. My car is still slightly lazy entering the corner but rotates way too quickly at mid/exit causing it to hook or traction roll (when traction comes up). I've had several folks (excellent drivers and experienced at chassis setup) help me out this past weekend. Based on their recommendation I made numerous changes througout the day but was unable to get it to where it was on the first two outings. By the end of the day everyone was pretty much stumped.

I've been thinking about going to a slightly heavier (even mix of 1000cST and 2000cST) weight oil on my gear diff. Do you guys think that can help? There's a big race in January at my local carpet track and if I can't get this sorted out I'll most likely shelf the car for that race.

This was the original setup that worked great the first two times.
Hello John,
I just looked at your setup and there are some thinks that i will not use like that.

- cut your topdeck, uncutted its for the use of foams on carpet, with rubber tires its essential to cut the hole topdeck ass shown in the manual !!!

- remove the 4 screws in the rear of the car like shown in the manual !!!

- don't use the swaybars

- open your front toe +2 (each side) to make the car more roll in the corners and prevent trationrolling <--very important change !!!

- use a little more expo on your sterring (-20 / -35) to make the car not so aggressive entering the corners.

- if you really want to see the potential of the car...do not use the base setup on rubber carpet. in that setup your rollcenter is way to high in front etc.
If you want a winning setup for with alot of sterring and incredible cornerspeed, please try this one.
http://awesomatix.com/engine/download.php?id=29
when its to aggressiv on the sterring please change:

- dampers front and rear to 5mm / 2mm (same front and rear)
- no active caster in frotn so please make 3mm under every ballstud

with all these changes you will be really impressed by the handling of the A700 ... it drive more like a 1/12 car than a 1/10 on rubber...

tell me what you think and have fun
kind regards Tom
Old 12-29-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks Oleg,

i'm just an average driver and that car really makes me feel more confident when drivin' it..

as says Tbone13 is setup is a must to use when usin' rubber tires and u just can fine tune it minor changes to match ur drivin' style..

i'm using 2000 cst on the rear diff but i'll try 800 cst next time..
i'm using Sorex 32 tires will try 28 hope to gain a few tenths
also will try the lightweight mazda speed6 and see how it handle.

has someone tested the LTCR vs Speed6?

thanks.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Please find attached my START and END setup sheets from this past Monday. I had cut the top deck on my 3rd outing right after my first qual.

Starting setup
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-start-johnc-mrh-carpet-12-26-2011.jpg

Final setup (much better but still loose in the rear)
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-end-johnc-mrh-carpet-12-26-2011.jpg
Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John.C
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Please find attached my START and END setup sheets from this past Monday. I had cut the top deck on my 3rd outing right after my first qual.

Starting setup
Attachment 854206

Final setup (much better but still loose in the rear)
Attachment 854209
Are you trying to set up the car for asphalt or carpet? I am positive that you will find a big difference between what you will run at the C and MRH. Different tires, sauce and surface.

Btw, the links aren't working.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

The first three outings were at 'The Coliseum' (indoor asphalt track). I used the basic setup and made some few changes. The wierd thing is this setup worked great the first 2 outings but was terrible in the third and last time at the 'C'.

This past Monday I raced at 'Middle River Hobbies' (indoor carpet track). I used the setup that I posted above (links fixed). I used a different setup, with new Sweep QTS32 tires, and different sauce (STX 3.0).
Old 12-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Telegraphic Funds transfer

Can you guys confirm which is the BSB Number and Account Number from:

IBAN[USD] CY80 0030 0158 0000 0158 3200 8047

My incompetent bank is asking for it and they won't process the transfer as my initial order was via Western Union so not sure what the go is.

Found the answer, so here it is to help anyone in the future.

CYkk BBBS SSSS CCCC CCCC CCCC CCCC

B = National bank code
S = branch code
C = account No.

Last edited by danjoy25; 12-29-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: found the answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.