Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: More Speed (continued......)

Originally posted by dameetz
No, its K1337 23t second gear 1.0 module http://rotor.com.sg/car/acc_kfactory...htm#k1332_1337
I thought it was determined that the first gear pinions of the MTX-3 and V-One were interchangable . . . but not the 2nd's.

If I recall, Manticore said the OD of the 2nd pinions were different even though they will screw onto either clutch bell.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gav the pinions are interchangable but you have to do a bit of dremel work on the flanged bit on the second gear. Ask luis about the nice dremel job he did at the nationals to get on to fit on his fw-05. How's the car going anyway are you giving Sparksy a run for his money in the snake. I'm sorry to say I've swithced camps to Mugen as the Evo just does not cut it up here at Brendale, but I'm not getting rid of the car, but am willing to wait to see if Kyosho do something about the rear end geometery in the near future. But by the look of things all their factory drivers are now driving the FW-05. Go figure that out.

Cheers
Graeme
Old 03-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Graeme,

Well, the car's doing fine, which is more than can be said about our performance last weekend.
And Sparksy's also doing just fine . . . . maybe a bit too fine!

I would have thought Brendale would be the perfect track for the EVO - or the MTX-3 for that matter. Since you now have both, where is the big difference?

Ahhh . . . . FW-05's and factory drivers - that's just Kyosho promoting a new car. Having said that, it does look good. As one of our mates said, it just needs to win a major race or two for everyone to "discover" it's good. Maybe I'm just cynical.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dexter
How does it like the heat though? Neway shouldn't u be down in Geelong .
Heat doesn't seem to be an issue.

Don't talk to me about Geelong.
Sam won the Concourse. . . . . bugger it - not the trophy we were looking for.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: More Speed (continued......)

Originally posted by dameetz

No, its K1337 23t second gear 1.0 module http://rotor.com.sg/car/acc_kfactory...htm#k1332_1337
Their methods of sending payment are NOT very secure.

If you go to the K-Factory website, part # K1337 lists a 27T second gear. I would assume that the manufacturer would know best.

Thanks,

Last edited by popsracer; 03-04-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
Gav the pinions are interchangable but you have to do a bit of dremel work on the flanged bit on the second gear. Ask luis about the nice dremel job he did at the nationals to get on to fit on his fw-05. How's the car going anyway are you giving Sparksy a run for his money in the snake. I'm sorry to say I've swithced camps to Mugen as the Evo just does not cut it up here at Brendale, but I'm not getting rid of the car, but am willing to wait to see if Kyosho do something about the rear end geometery in the near future. But by the look of things all their factory drivers are now driving the FW-05. Go figure that out.

Cheers
Graeme
Hey man I have changed camps too! Gone over to the dark side of HPI Unfortunately I found the EVO was limited in the rear grip department. The HPI is not that much better but the back end just hangs on for grim death. Hence more corner speed.

I hope the EVO comes with a rear end conversion and it will become a screamer again.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Evo rear grip

any suspicion as to what makes the Evo lose rear traction?
Old 03-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Evo rear grip

Originally posted by Tom G
any suspicion as to what makes the Evo lose rear traction?
I wish I knew! It is not that it does not have rear grip, it is just less than the newer cars have. I suspect it is a roll centre issue mainly as my experiments with MTX3 rear uprights seemed to increase rear grip significantly. Notice the significantly different rear camber link on the FW05R.

Old 03-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Hmmm, ...making me think twice about this Evo. The GT RR stuck like glue, until I lost all control over the trigger at least.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Tom G; 03-04-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Tom G
Hmmm, ...making me think twice about this Evo. The GT RR stuck like glue, unitl I lost all control over the strggier at least.

Thanks for the info.
Now that I look at the FW05R closer I notice it has different rear hubs!!! Mayby Mugen hubs?
Old 03-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up FW05

How do you like the 05 v. RR v. Evo.

Main difference between them?
Old 03-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

I always run the evo with no roll bar, 10 weight oil and soft springs and dont have a problem with rear grip. sometime too much!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ziggy12345
I always run the evo with no roll bar, 10 weight oil and soft springs and dont have a problem with rear grip. sometime too much!
Don't get me wrong the EVO and the V1R series are awesome cars and I love mine still! All I am saying is that the newer cars work really well without significant mods, and even the new FW05R has superior rear geometry over the EVO. I am still not that much faster with my new car just a small margin. Kyosho could easily make the EVO much much better with some minor rear end revisions.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:41 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Now that I look at the FW05R closer I notice it has different rear hubs!!! Mayby Mugen hubs?
yes, i believe those are indeed Mugen hubs, not Kyosho

and also, in what ways is the 05R 's rear suspension geometry better than that of EVO's?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B
yes, i believe those are indeed Mugen hubs, not Kyosho

and also, in what ways is the 05R 's rear suspension geometry better than that of EVO's?
Has a better rear CG, better rear roll centre to CG design, has multiple lower rear hingepin locations for roll centre adjustement, slightly wider rear track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.