Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Advantage Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by kartermdb
i had the same problem with mine, i was cutting a motor when it started smoking and i unplugged it immediately, but once it cooled down it seemed fine, im gonna try charging a batt with it tonight.

also, my friends did the same thing less than a week ago when he was breaking in a stock motor

id like to know whats going on
Let us know how the charge goes.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so can advantage used to power comm lathe? i think shoulden be a problem if it can used to break in motor
Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yes it has the function, but i have seen them smoke during the motor run in feature, im not sure what causes this, i charged a practice pack and it charged like normal and discharged like it always does and felt good in the car, so im not sure what happened with mine. i do know that my friend had his smoke while he was breaking in a motor and his charges fine as well. hope this helps kewdawg
Old 04-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kartermdb
yes it has the function, but i have seen them smoke during the motor run in feature, im not sure what causes this, i charged a practice pack and it charged like normal and discharged like it always does and felt good in the car, so im not sure what happened with mine. i do know that my friend had his smoke while he was breaking in a motor and his charges fine as well. hope this helps kewdawg
I guess so. Thanks, anyway. It sucks that the charger would smoke like it has for many. I really like Team Orion and I think this gives them a "black eye". I'll be sending mine back this week. I hope it won't be too long of a wait. I really would like to utilize all of the charger's features.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Send the charger back to Team Orion. They will solve it.

You can still charge your battery, it only affect the motor run-in section.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

is that all orion advantage happen like that because i not run in motor using this charger.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Guo Chean
so can advantage used to power comm lathe? i think shoulden be a problem if it can used to break in motor
DON'T USE THE ADVANTAGE TO BREAK IN MOTOR!

I saw and heard 3 or 4 of them smoking!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JMBetticher
Send the charger back to Team Orion. They will solve it.

You can still charge your battery, it only affect the motor run-in section.
I'll ship it out tomorrow. Any idea, what the turn-around time is?
Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kewdawg
I'll ship it out tomorrow. Any idea, what the turn-around time is?
so for advantage can it used to break in motor? i using this new charger but may i know do we need to send back orion to solve the motor break in problem? thanks
Old 04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Guo Chean
so for advantage can it used to break in motor? i using this new charger but may i know do we need to send back orion to solve the motor break in problem? thanks
I wouldnt, i broke mine on the first motor i tried to run in. Still waiting for mine back from mirage, but i might have it for this weekend.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

In Orion's defense, the problems that some of you guys have been having must have been with early production units and have since been corrected. I purchased one of these chargers a couple of weeks ago and I'm very impressed with it. I have used it to break in several different stock motors with aggresive brush/spring setups on them as well as run my comm. lathe with no problems at all.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

I got mine from hobby shop new shipment and it worked for 2 days until it smoked. Apparently, the problem is not corrected yet. I need to send it in for repair tomorrow. Products are all great when they run, and they all suck when they're broke. I thought it's going to be a good unit, I'm a little disappointed now.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RickyIS300
I got mine from hobby shop new shipment and it worked for 2 days until it smoked. Apparently, the problem is not corrected yet. I need to send it in for repair tomorrow. Products are all great when they run, and they all suck when they're broke. I thought it's going to be a good unit, I'm a little disappointed now.

i hear yah man. so what seems to be the problem? does it have a fuse?
Old 04-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was breaking in a 23T motor this weekend and noticed smoke coming from my Advantage so I quickly turned it off. When I tried to use it again the same day everything was fine, it still charged, discharged, and ran motors without smoking anymore. I guess the component that smoked wasn't all that important? I'll take it apart tonight to see if I can tell where it came from.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I was breaking in a 23T motor this weekend and noticed smoke coming from my Advantage so I quickly turned it off. When I tried to use it again the same day everything was fine, it still charged, discharged, and ran motors without smoking anymore. I guess the component that smoked wasn't all that important? I'll take it apart tonight to see if I can tell where it came from.
whats the bet it was a fried bug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.