Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

I doubt the much more will be, they would have mentioned it. I think Mr. Shookie said that he takes his pack off the tray and puts it on the charger as quickly as possible as not to give the voltage time to rise. Since after the set lowest discharge current is reached, it stops discharging a cell, do you discharge normally, then put it on for another few seconds after all the cells have finished to get all the cells back to .9 volts and then pull it off and charge?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE Racer
I doubt the much more will be, they would have mentioned it. I think Mr. Shookie said that he takes his pack off the tray and puts it on the charger as quickly as possible as not to give the voltage time to rise. Since after the set lowest discharge current is reached, it stops discharging a cell, do you discharge normally, then put it on for another few seconds after all the cells have finished to get all the cells back to .9 volts and then pull it off and charge?
Note the graph shows that if you set the XDL to 9 the Team Wave tray will hold every cell at the desired voltage for a very long time so you can walk away or even go get food while it does its magic.
I usally just pull my packs off the Lightening once they all say .9 and then charge.
I don't have to worry about voltage increasing in the cells cause they are all at the same...
Once you try that and then the New ICC from Spintec then all you packs will love you....LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

ok, who has been brave enough to try charging them on the tray with the voltmeter active?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BritRacer
ok, who has been brave enough to try charging them on the tray with the voltmeter active?
You must be kidding I have no time for that...I have to keep equalizing mine while one in charging......Maybe if I get borded I might try but I think I will pass....Don;t want to void the warrentee...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 01-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

lol, it never even occurred to me, until I read the manual and it said they advise not to do it....since then its been eating me up to try it......

Its like a "DO NOT PUSH" button..... I wonder what would happen if.......
Old 01-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I do that all the time! Works awsome I bring them down to.9v and then switch straight to the voltmeter function and charge away
I think the voltmeter function is one of the best features of this tray!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

I'm not much of a manual reader
Old 01-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by subman
I do that all the time! Works awsome I bring them down to.9v and then switch straight to the voltmeter function and charge away
I think the voltmeter function is one of the best features of this tray!
I might have to try that out....That will tell you if a cell is going bad on ya...
-Shookie <><
Old 01-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I might have to try that out....That will tell you if a cell is going bad on ya...
-Shookie <><
exactly
Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm very tempted to get one of these (even though they are out of stock), however as soon as the I.C.C. comes out, there will be no need for these very fancy trays. (Sorry Much More! )
Decisions, decisions...

Still, between this one and the Much More tray, I'd choose the Lightning.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

cool....will try the voltmeter function then!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

I don't understand why you cant use the same power supply as your use for your charger when using the voltmeter function when charging. If you have a decent power supply I cant see what the problem would be. Can you pull off the cells while they are still discharging with no problems or do have you press the button first? It seems to me like it would be a good idea to set the XDL to a lower value first and take all the cells down until they're finished, because that not only takes out capacity, but makes it so that at whatever the lowest discharge rate is set to (XDL setting) all of the cells are at .9 volts or whatever the is cutoff. If you pull off the cells before they are finished, they are not equalized in the sense that at the same discharge rate they will have the same voltage, and I know its probably not a significant difference, but I dont see why not to use the tray to its full potential.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

It can't use the same power supply with the charger when you use voltmeter mode and charge your pack on the tray since different charger has different design, the grounding of the charger, battery and discharger may not be equal and causing problem. We suggest you power up your Lightning by another 6cells pack and it should work great. In voltmeter mode, Lightning only use small amount of power (around 0.1A), any 6cells battery pack should do the job. When it is in discharging mode, it will take up around 1.00A current. Another solution is to use a 1.00A 12V transformer to power the Lightning alone.

Thanks for all your support. We have very good sales of our Lightning equalizer and the first batch has almost been sold out. We still have limited stock reserved, welcome to contact us by email if you want to order and we will try our best to help. We are currently increasing our production and hope the second batch can out in Febueary.

For people who particularly need the voltmeter function, please wait for the second batch since we have done some modification such that it will give more accurate reading in voltmeter mode.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

When will you have these back in stock?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Kinetix now has them back in stock. www.kinetixrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.