Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

why dont they just call it the S412? that really is a clusterphuc of a name lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Weird name for the new kit but can't wait to get my ands on one!. It sounds like its not worth updating an old kit with the amount of changes happening. I have found the plastic spools to be poor at best and I do not hit a lot of things. I bought 5 and have worn through those in 7 club days. They need to steal some X-ray spool plastics to make a 3peice affair to have a feasible light weight option up front.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi.

New stuff for the differential: internal gears all made in plastic, crosspin in plastic, outdrives in aluminium. Weight reduction: about 9-10 grams.

Frontspool is still the same I think, but you can use the nylon spool, if you want a lighter one.

Total weight reduction for the whole car is about 25-30 grams.

And for "RavensNightFury" - the new name is "Serpent S411 2.0 Eryx".
Nice to hear that we have some reduction in the differential, they should work in the spool too. I have the same issues that Benzaah with the naylon one, while I don't touch the sides of the track everything goes great, but I am a bad driver and I fail a lot In the other hand when you use it in stock class you win a lot of acceleration, do you feel it since the first moment.

Cheers
Old 01-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regarding the name, it goes with the rest of the Serpent range...

811 2.0 is 'Cobra'
977 the new 8th Gas is 'Viper'
411 2.0 is 'Eryx'

All names of snakes, unsurprisingly . As for calling it a 412... it's still the same 411 platform, so no need for new nomenclature, much like most other manufacturers use.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

And as promised before... finished off the central servo mount tonight. 2mm thick carbon, Nice and stiff, and has a mm of clearance above and below the servo to be nicely floating. Uses the two central holes in the chassis, and the standard servo mounts, but keeps the servo in the same place as kit (hence the shims on the inner servo post)
Haven't weighed it yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it's close to the same weight as the standard setup, as it uses one less screw and nut, but has a little more carbon.

Roll on Saturday
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-servo-brakcet.jpg   Serpent S411-img_2369.jpg   Serpent S411-img_2368.jpg   Serpent S411-img_2370.jpg   Serpent S411-img_2378.jpg  

Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TryHard
And as promised before... finished off the central servo mount tonight. 2mm thick carbon, Nice and stiff, and has a mm of clearance above and below the servo to be nicely floating. Uses the two central holes in the chassis, and the standard servo mounts, but keeps the servo in the same place as kit (hence the shims on the inner servo post)
Haven't weighed it yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it's close to the same weight as the standard setup, as it uses one less screw and nut, but has a little more carbon.

Roll on Saturday
Hi.

Nice work. The new 2.0 Eryx also comes with a center servo mount. Just the new one does not goes above the servo like yours, but in front of it - between the servo case and the servo horn. Less material = less weight. Mounted to the bottom and to a brace between the steering posts.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi.

Nice work. The new 2.0 Eryx also comes with a center servo mount. Just the new one does not goes above the servo like yours, but in front of it - between the servo case and the servo horn. Less material = less weight. Mounted to the bottom and to a brace between the steering posts.
I know, but I can't say how...

Personally though, I'm not so keen with it being on the posts, as I know from previous cars (specifically the Tamiya), that bracing the posts does affect how the car works... Will try it out when I get my Eryx though

Last edited by TryHard; 01-15-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Roll on Saturday
Hello Ed,

That looks great, it really does but shouldn't the output gear on you servo be on the outside of the chassis

Steve
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by corallyman
Hello Ed,

That looks great, it really does but shouldn't the output gear on you servo be on the outside of the chassis

Steve
hehe, yes it should! It's an old Savox I had in my stock car, that I have re-wired so that they come out on the inside... which meant it didn't fit the right wat round
When I fit it with my Sanwa's in the mod car, I'll take some more pics

Ed
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Regarding the name, it goes with the rest of the Serpent range...

811 2.0 is 'Cobra'
977 the new 8th Gas is 'Viper'
411 2.0 is 'Eryx'

All names of snakes, unsurprisingly . As for calling it a 412... it's still the same 411 platform, so no need for new nomenclature, much like most other manufacturers use.
I'm not up on my snakes, but that name doesn't bring the same fear into mind as the previous two names...........you could of called it a garter snake, lol. The car certainly sounds like it has substantial upgrades.

Roll on Saturday
Very nice work.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

First change of the day was springs, as I wanted to try out the Ride Yellow's vs the Green's that I've settled on as part of my starting setup. (Green is 272gf vs Yellow at 259gf/mm... or 15.2 vs 14.6 in old terms ).
Even with such a small rate change, the car didn't feel as good, felling too soft, with less reaction and corner speed. Moving the shocks back up to holes 3F/4R helped to bring back a more linear feel, and produce similar lap times as with the greens.

Regards
Ed
I see you use the Ride springs. Which color would you suggest for medium traction carpet track? I have the green, blue and red sets of four.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Picīs of the eryx ?? Is this a new car or an Upgrade kit ? And can i my TE update ? thx
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Der_Mo
Picīs of the eryx ?? Is this a new car or an Upgrade kit ? And can i my TE update ? thx
I have no pictures. You can upgrade, but new chassis, splitblocks, shock tower, damper, wishbone, c-hub, upright, differential, steering and servo mount makes it expensive. I will order a new car.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Serpent 411 ERYX, watch the news wednesday ! Full specs release.

This was on facebook!!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Geberit
I see you use the Ride springs. Which color would you suggest for medium traction carpet track? I have the green, blue and red sets of four.

Thanks
Honestly... I have no idea! My snakes haven't been anywhere near carpet (except for in the house), only on proper tracks...

Having said that, I would start out on the greens, and go from there. I do know that in Fischers setup from the 3GP race, he was using Yokomo Blues all round, which are quite soft (~13lb IIRC).

Regards
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.