Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Reedy TI With aliminium Endbell

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
Really? I had no idea you are such an expert. Engineering degree? from where?

I have actually never had a wire come unsoldered, never used a fan, and use the stock endbell. No problems here. The 10,000+ customers who have bought one are pretty satisifed, as are the drivers who are winning about every big race worldwide.

You are simply not a very good driver, and have to blame something or someone other than yourself for your poor results.

I thought public spankings weren't allowed in the US?LOL
Old 09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wish Rick would post more. If every manufacturer would be that direct, things would be much better.

My favorite quote by an un-named RC car company insider, " Yeah, well if our car is so bad, why don't you go design one yourself, build it, market it, distribute it, and campaign a world-wide race team. We'll see you at the worlds.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ditto!

Remember your soldering onto what is in effect a heat sink the fact that other endbells are so easy to solder to is a test to how inefficient they are to dissipating heat.

I too have only had a problem one time and it was my own cold solder joint that did it.

-C

"You can't touch me cause I'm electric and if you touch me you'lle get shocked!" - just some old school for those who can remember!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SLAP...I'm Rick Hohwart Bitch!

ROTFLMAO!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Never had a single problem with heat in any of the V2 based motors I've run.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

LMAO
Old 09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 09-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That must be the same guy that put batteries in the microwave.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Geez Rick taking things a touch personal there arent ya!

I dont have an engineering degree and i never said i did.

Im not going to turn this into a war on how the endbell has its flaws Im not here to create drama just posting an OPINION no one has to agree with me thats just what i think.

WOW real mature of you saying i Suck at driving! HAHA I honestly dont care because racing is suppossed to be fun. So yup i guess i had to blame something for my wires coming off every run and shorting arms left and right!! HMMMM yeah must be my driving!

Lets all clap for Rick, he can come on the internet and tell people the suck at DRIVING RC Cars.

Sorry Im not as good as you Rick.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

back pedal , back pedal, back pedal....
Old 09-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mosieur
Forget a degree he probably doesnt even have a diploma.From the way he spells, looks as if driving isnt his only problem. See kids stay in school dont become a R/C drop out flunkie.
Very Funny.

I was over working there when all they could pay was minimum wage. Horrible no reason to waste my days away there when i could be studying for my DEGREE in Computer Science.

So yeah exactly stay in school because RC wont take you anywhere. Unless youre in the handfull of miracles like Kinwald Pavidis Baker Masami Hara etc etc.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Andrew grow up. Big baby! and you wonder why people attack you.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dude, Andy put the keyboard down a step away it's for your own good.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yep but once again. Instead of studying you are wasting your time on a RC forum. I can see that you put a lot of time into your education. Especially since you have time to post messages. I'm done wasting my time with you. Big Baby! go take a nap
Old 09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The problem I see with the V2 endbells is that they are too efficient at dissapating heat which is why they are so hard to solder. Without a VERY hot iron it is difficult to solder the wires to the enbell. Maybe that was your problem swandog. Never know. The problem I had with the new endbell is I bent a tube. Not too big a deal. It is the same problem as breaking off a all copper tab off a Epic motor. The V2 is one of the most effiencient mod motors I ever ran and lasted forever!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a never ending battle on who is better and it is all opinions but I do think the V2 moved technology in the rigth direction. Great power at less operating cost to the customer. It would be nice if Epic would try that concept but that would kill Ernies bottom line. I am suprised there magnets have been staying in the cans lately. Last I talked with Ernie it was just too hard to produce motor cans that stayed together although Reedy (yok) and Orion (top) never seemed to have this problem. Not really trying to bash but Trinity is not the way the truth and the light of the hobby industry. They just have the deepest pockets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.