Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sanyo 3000HV cells!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 08:52 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speedo: The numbers that we are seeing from this current date code is 345-373 with voltages of 1.135-1.155. That is using a 0.90 cutoff.

Harshguy: Thanks for the info. It took me 3 weeks of testing to come up with this method which I feel is pretty good.

TSR6: I believe Horizon has them in stock so you can have your loacl dealer or track order some. HRP should also have them in stock. Our part number with Horizon is SUMSVP3006SV with HRP it's SVP3006SV.

KevinK: If you need more voltage out of the Powers you can tray and deadshort them. You can use a 6 amp charge with a .05 peak detect for 6 cells and .03 for 4 cells.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Danny,

Matt Francis and a number of other factory class racers called the HV's flat and said to stay away from them. They said the SMH,s were considerably faster in laptimes. Also, other people that said they were getting killer punch from them were charging at 7 to 10 amps. Now you and I both know the 7-10 amp charged cells aren't going to last long. What are your feelings on this and do you think they were using ther first batch of HV's?

What are the IR numbers on the new batches of HV's? I haven't seen you mention any relationship of IR with "punch". Do you believe that IR is MUCH more important than voltage for stock racing? Isn't it true that packs with the same numbers except one has a little more voltage and one has a little better IR dynoed on the same motor under the same conditions will result in the lower voltage and lower IR being the outstanding pack? Have you performed dyno tests such as this with the new HV's? I would expect the same results, but only real world testing will show.

I'm sorry about all the questions at once, but I feel there are so many different opinions on this that some very serious controlled testing is in order.

Harsh- what amperage are you charging your HV's at? Did you and Dennis ever run those bodies I painted for you to use on the car kit reviews? Did you like them?

Thanks to all for the info!!
Old 10-26-2001, 10:02 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Danny/SMC
TSR6: I believe Horizon has them in stock so you can have your loacl dealer or track order some. HRP should also have them in stock. Our part number with Horizon is SUMSVP3006SV with HRP it's SVP3006SV.
Danny - Yeah, I pretty much knew they were on Horizon as ive seen them there online. I think we ended up ordering them through HRP. I should have tried the horizon program myself...
Old 10-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Company Representative

Jason: Here is my opinion on the SMH's vs HV's. We have been testing this new cell since sept. 6th and we have found them to be every bit as good as SMH's and to us it seems like they finish stronger than SMH's.

I don't want to bash anyone but it does seem like Trinity and Reedy don't want this cell to become to popular right away because they have plenty of SMH's. What their paid racers and employees say seems to not go along with what the normal paying customer is experienceing with these cells.

I have never said anything that I don't beleive to be truth and all my comments are based on info that I have gathered from racers using them on the track. SMC is in business to try and supply the racers with the best possible matched packs and we will not do a cell that we beleive doesn't have a place in the racing scene.

Sanyo NiMH cells seem to be built a bit more robust than other brands. That being said I beleive they can withstand higher charge rates without any problems. There is no significant data to prove that a higher rate is hurting the lifespan of the cell.

I'm not a believer in relative IR. I do beleive in Actual IR and so far the RC3000HV is similar to the SMH's. When we do them in single cell form the SMH's have a better A-IR but when built as a pack the HV's A-IR is just as good.

Hope this answers some of your questions and if you have anymore just fire away.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

BigDogRacing, yea I've seen those postings on TTT as well, I'm posting MY personal experiences with these cells, maybe (...um yea) they have different SMH cells than what I can get? FYI here are the numbers off of my T35 @ 6 amp charge/20 amp discharge

My Best SMH pack (in terms of voltage):
Volts:9.16
IR:115
Act Int Res:24.1
MAHR:2311
MW HR:19315
Dsch Time:416
Ds Av Vlt:7.06
Ds Av Vlt @ 1 volt: 7.10

My Best HV pack (in terms of voltage, and it's from the latest batch)
Volts:9.33
IR:121
Act Int Res:24.6
MAHR:2938
MA HR:20889
Dsch Time:529
Ds Avg Vlt: 7.11
Ds Av Vlt @ 1 volt: 7.13

BTW - those bodies are "saweet" didn't realize that you were doing them, Dennis never runs them probably has them hanging over his fireplace mantel (where most people have their family portraits ).
Old 10-26-2001, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Danny, DOn't take this the wrong way, that isn't how it is intended

I would agree with you that it is in the interests of certain companies for the SMH to be the cell that everyone wants. However I'm quite sure that they would argue that it is in your interests for the HV to be the cell. I apreciate that you say all the info given here is as you see it, and that's great and the way that it should be.

I couple of guys at our local track have just bought some HV's and so far have been very happy with them. I have just got some from Orion (another company that NEEDS the HV to work) but haven't got round to building them yet.

BTW if anyone is interested the numbers i have are:

30A discharge ).85V cutoff

368sec, 1.145V, 3.1mOhm

I also have soem decent Stock metals, so should hopefully get a comparison done soon.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:22 PM
Company Representative

MattW: It's not in our best interest to have these cells be better. We were doing SMH's when this cell came out. I just say what we have found out. I truly believe this cell is slightly better than the SMH's. I'm confident enough that we won't be doing anymore SMH's.

SMC isn't a Sanyo exclusive distributor so we have no particular preference and were not stuck with any old Sanyo's or SMH's.
Old 10-26-2001, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

I had to much bad experience with the first panasonics...The SMH's seem great, but since the HV's are sanyo, I'll prolly get them! Let us know when anyone gets some testing out about how many times a day you can run them.
Old 10-26-2001, 06:32 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Speedo - I have some coming... I'll let you know what i think... as far as running them... ill end up running them about twice pr day if i like them, but i need to worry about getting my radio back, and schedule changed first... .
Old 10-26-2001, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

I'll prolly run mine 2-3 times a day, and since I'm there for 14 hours, they should have plenty of time to cool! Thanks, let me know.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Danny,
This is Keith Billanti from Buffalo NY (Racing Edge) Got the new 3000's and they look GREAT!!! Not sure if Mark spoke with you yet, and I will be practicing with my packs tomorrow so I am curious, and I really dont feel like reading this whole thread, so what do you reccomend we do with them? Charge rate? After run? Storage? Runs per day?

Thanks in advance!
Keith

Last edited by Keith Billanti; 10-26-2001 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Keith- I believe if you check the SMC site there is a section there on caring for the new batteries.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:41 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Danny/SMC
dtm: How was the pack matched and how are you charging it ?

What type of racing are you using it in ?

We have not noticed this with our packs.
Danny, I seem to have cured my little problem with the 'turbo effect' of these batteries I zapped them and they are now quite responsive!! The second charge is positively amazing! Do you have any recommendations on how frequently I should re-zapp these batteries?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

stlnlst.......hehe.......I am waiting for YOU to buy some HV's!! LOL!

....and on a side note......batteries and motors are two of the hottest topics in ANY form of r/c........but when you have one of the best of the best answering questions....sit back and listen, question respectively, glean what info you can, and hang on for the ride!
Old 10-26-2001, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I strapped an SMC into my car once. It was last seen on the 5 fwy going south, very fast....

Thanks Danny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.