Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Hey all MTX-2 Fellows especially if you are running front oneway:

I tried something new today at the track and it works pretty good! What I did was adjust the brake to drag the car when it is idle and since we all know if you are running front oneway then cant use brake otherwise it will spun around. And I dont want to let go of the gas too early and roll in the corners so I adjust the brake alittle bit to make it drag on the car when the throttle position is closed(idle). It works pretty good I could actually let go of the gas a little bit later and the car has just a little bit of braking action through the turns and I was really suprise the turning radius is smaller, meaning closer to the board!

If you dont want the brake to engage then just play with the trigger on your radio so it doesnt drag the car at all! but I found this to be really useful and actually improve driving lines and overall speed as well!

If you guys have any comments or suggestion please do!
Old 12-30-2001, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Arrow Calling Fast Guys !

Where have all the fast guys gone?
Old 12-30-2001, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Calling Fast Guys !

Originally posted by Manticore
Where have all the fast guys gone?
I am getting faster and faster! do you count me?
Old 12-30-2001, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Calling Fast Guys !

Originally posted by Ah10

I am getting faster and faster! do you count me?

Sure you are !!
Old 12-31-2001, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ah10 I found out that the racer's choice diff lube is actually in a grease form something you can find in a automotive store I wonder if it's the same. Anyway is that what you got? My came is a little round canister and the stuff is red.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kyosho
Ah10 I found out that the racer's choice diff lube is actually in a grease form something you can find in a automotive store I wonder if it's the same. Anyway is that what you got? My came is a little round canister and the stuff is red.
I am not sure if it is same as the grease you can buy from automotive store! I kind of doubt it!

The one that I got is in a red canister too, but the lube itself is white! I believe the part number is 7016
Old 12-31-2001, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh really i though it was going to be in some liquid form but I did try it out and after lubing the diff up with it it seemed real stiff something that you would put in the front not the rear. So I took it out and going to put some 3k diff oil since I can get the 7016 one which I think is a lighter form of it. Probadly that why your diff don't leak cause it grease not diff oil like I thought it was. Anyways thanks for you help all along.
Old 12-31-2001, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Oh really i though it was going to be in some liquid form but I did try it out and after lubing the diff up with it it seemed real stiff something that you would put in the front not the rear. So I took it out and going to put some 3k diff oil since I can get the 7016 one which I think is a lighter form of it. Probadly that why your diff don't leak cause it grease not diff oil like I thought it was. Anyways thanks for you help all along.
Hum...that's weired! after I packed the gear with the Hyspin lube and assemble everything back together and the diff feel really loose like 5k diff oil!
Old 12-31-2001, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ah10 I think you got the light version in other words the one I got the red stuff felt like something that should go in the front.
Old 12-31-2001, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh yeah I forgot how much did you use? I used just enough to cover the gear in other words I lightly lubed it.
Old 12-31-2001, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Oh yeah I forgot how much did you use? I used just enough to cover the gear in other words I lightly lubed it.
What I did was just lightly cover all the bevel gears with the lube the seal the unit back and now the diff should have a freely diff action!

Now after may be 2 or 3 tanks of fuel open it up then pack some more lube in there! probably the same amount you lube it in the first place. After 2 or 3 tanks and when you open it up you probably see all the lube got spined to the edge of the gear. After fill some more lube in there and you should be done with a perfect negative diff.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok thanks.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah 10
The Legend Mr, Auturo Carbonell of Serpent uses a little brake drag also and has done so for years, for exactly the reason you stated. I have tried it both ways and still don't know which I like best.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
Ah 10
The Legend Mr, Auturo Carbonell of Serpent uses a little brake drag also and has done so for years, for exactly the reason you stated. I have tried it both ways and still don't know which I like best.
Oh really! is MR Auturo Carbonell one of those team driver?

Anyway I like the way the drag brake react but the only problem is you have to fine tune it every time you run you car due to temperture and track, for example, I have been running at the same track but I have to fine tune the grip dial every single time for somereason, usually when I first start the brake is too much but as the day go by need to add some more to it! may be that's what ppl call brake fade! overall it works really good!
Old 01-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
Ah 10
Gee I thought his name was ?Arthur? Learn something new on new years day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.