Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho SP2 WC Edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

what things (upgrades) should I look to get for a box stock SP2.

thanks
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GOD I HOPE NOT !! I hated the Lousi 8 I had ! I hope he doesn't do any messing with the servo layout or the diffs , the Losi was a heap !
Old 12-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveJa
what things (upgrades) should I look to get for a box stock SP2.

thanks

anybody want to help me with this ? just trying to get stuff together for my next outting.....

thanks
Old 12-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Big bore shocks, front & rear lightened axleshafts, WC brakes, 14 tooth CB & 48T lightened spur gear to start. Big Bore springs would be medium (light green) or hard (Blue) depending on track type.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mremtr
GOD I HOPE NOT !! I hated the Lousi 8 I had ! I hope he doesn't do any messing with the servo layout or the diffs , the Losi was a heap !
Don't worry, same Kyosho quality you are used to, that I can guarantee.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

just finishing my WC and need a little help...I;m using an ace 1313 servo and having trouble with the throttle linkage. Not enough space between the bottom of the servo horn and the servo body for the mounting screws that came with the kit? Any advise or good pics of your throttle/brake setup would help.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This part will work for you http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6603

Last edited by pumpkinfish; 11-30-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks pumpkinfish....the parts are ordered!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossoh10
Losi HAHA..Do you really think that Kanai is going to let losi have anything to do with the designing of the new buggy.....If kyosho was to ask Kanai to let losi help he would be insulted.Japanese have a lot of pride in there work.Try being in kanai`s shoes..If your buggy design won the last 2 worlds and someone tried to tell you to let this guy help, what would you do..Look at it like he is. Why should I let anybody help with my design when my design has won the last 2 worlds.........If kyosho does want losi to help and I was kanai I would break contract and start selling my design to some one else...Kyosho doesn`t own Kanai nor his buggy they just have the rights to distribute it.........(While there in contract)

kanai deals with Kyosho International
Losi works for Kyosho America

Big difference
Kyosho would not have brought Losi on board if they didnt need him. They need a new design. Its a great car, but you cant just throw a couple new hop-ups on a car once a year and call it a new model. Technology will leave you in the dust. Just watch this year at the worlds, 10-12 buggies in the A-main will be RC8's and Losi's. These are lighter and more nimble. Kyosho needs to make an all new design, thats why they brought on JR.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveJa
anybody want to help me with this ? just trying to get stuff together for my next outting.....

thanks
Billet knuckles (never broke the stock ones, but changed these for peace of mind), WC chassis braces (stock ones pop off if you look at them wrong), the optional rear antisquat plates, new bonded brake pads or Craddock/Racer's Edge fiberglass rotors (you lose quite a bit of rotating mass using these), rubber sealed steering and driveline bearings if you run on muddy/dusty surfaces, and the new locking wheel nuts....maybe a hex screw kit (seem to bite into the plastic better, but the fine threads take more revolutions of the wrench to get them in). That's all you really need :-P

Last edited by SMcpot; 12-24-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Keep thinking of things to change! ;)
Old 12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

will just got a sp2 and love it losi was not for me i will have some pics up today!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Billet knuckles, the optional rear antisquat plates, new bonded brake pads or Craddock/Racer's Edge fiberglass rotors (you lose quite a bit of rotating mass using these), rubber sealed steering and driveline bearings if you run on muddy/dusty surfaces, and the newer locking wheel nuts....maybe a hex screw kit. That's all you really need.
good to here thanks....
Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tonyy
will just got a sp2 and love it losi was not for me i will have some pics up today!

this is also great news.... Thanks!!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's a pic of my buggy in action.
Kyosho SP2 WC Edition-endurance_race_pic1.jpg
Kyosho SP2 WC Edition-endurance_race_pic2.jpg
Old 12-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossoh10
Losi HAHA..Do you really think that Kanai is going to let losi have anything to do with the designing of the new buggy.....If kyosho was to ask Kanai to let losi help he would be insulted.Japanese have a lot of pride in there work.Try being in kanai`s shoes..If your buggy design won the last 2 worlds and someone tried to tell you to let this guy help, what would you do..Look at it like he is. Why should I let anybody help with my design when my design has won the last 2 worlds.........If kyosho does want losi to help and I was kanai I would break contract and start selling my design to some one else...Kyosho doesn`t own Kanai nor his buggy they just have the rights to distribute it.........(While there in contract)

kanai deals with Kyosho International
Losi works for Kyosho America

Big difference

Just an FYI, while Kyosho does not OWN Kanai. It IS a Kyosho buggy as anything developed while he is employed by Kyosho is the property of Kyosho. This is fact. It's also rather naive of you to try and say what Kanai would think about Gil helping in design. There is probably a better chance that kanai has much respect for Gil's design abilities, he has how many world champion cars under his belt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.