Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
With Hara and Miura working together and with other HPI drivers I can predict a bevy of podium finishes in the future.
Me too Down with Yokomo !!? J/k Hmph' ..... (j/k) Did I say that.??

I would rather see HPI and Tamiya in the top 3 than 1 more year with Masami up there in the top 3 ...

Plus 75% of the TC's at the tracks here in Japan are MR4's ...

My 2 Yen
-Dave
Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its a sad day for Tamiya then, Miura was the driving force behind ditching the old gear and belt drive transmission and developing the 414M and the TB evo series. I got a chance to talk to him in japan and he had some very nice kits over there, Carbon printed F1 cars etc, Very nice. Rick
Old 02-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, Muira left Tamiya but Surikarn will not. He has a signed contract with Tamiya (I don't know how long). So Surikarn is not going any where for a while.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Suspended

Default s

s
Old 02-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Who is the other one leaving Tamiya. It can't be David Jun? I can't imagine him with another team. It's like Milk and Cookies, you got to have both or it's just not right!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't think David Jun will be leaving Tamiya for any reason. He's there for life... just like Masami and Yokomo.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hi peter_robinson,

I just running 23 turn only. But I believe that it the hit is from full throttle. Since I hit it when radio jam happens.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

who can really say what the top drivers are doing right now, they are them, and we are us, and i don't think that it is really worth speculating what team they are going to switch to or not.

as for muira, i talked to him for a brief moment at the 2002 tamiya world finals, and i know that this much is true... his main interest in R/C, is desinging and devloping cars, both existing and brand new. so it would not suprise me if he was now working for HPI and halping to delope the new Pro 4, but who knows, only Muira really knows...

so anyway, is anyone out there running their EVO III on foam tires on carpet? what do you think of the car and how are you setting it up...

peter
Old 02-19-2003, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Peter, Hi Dan
Glad to see you guys posting,

Best Regards
J.M.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

JOVEN!

great to see you man, so whats new?
you should send me an email, and lets me know whats up

peter
Old 02-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default foam tires

Hey peter

Well I haven,t run my evo 3 with foams yet but I probably will start running them on the car after the tcs race this weekend. I have been running foams on my m2 on carpet and I have to say that I am very happy with it. We have been running a lot of modified lately, and it seems like the car is very smooth. As for set up, I run my car pretty stiff. 80wt 2 hole in front and 60wt 2 hole in rear with associated yellow springs front and purple rear. The tire of choice has been plaids on the front and purple on the back. The trc tires tend to rub the camber links on the car,but I have been running corrally foam tires lately, and they don't rub at all, and I have been very happy with the tire compound.

Mark.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

just found out that my evo and everything is on its way to me at the moment, shud be here in the next few days Rick
Old 02-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Foam

Mark,

I should have my Evo3 back in time for the last three carpet races at my track in Cleveland. I think i'll devote the rest of the season to that car. I am as happy with both my TC3 and XXXS G-plus as I can be and can run both cars equal laptimes-so it will be interesting to see if I can go faster with my Evo. Only time will tell. But regardless-anything I learn set-up wise I will post here!!!

Ray
Old 02-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Guy's, need some quick help....I'm in the garage tearing my EVO 2 apart so i can clean and relube all bearings and gears. The bearings I've removed from the hubs are metal shielded. I'm assuming they're the stock Tamiya units. How do I best take the shields off or do i even have to ?? i want to remove the old lube and relube using Royal oil. I'm assuming once you try and remove one of these metal shields, They can no longer be used. Right?? It seems they will suffer some damage in the removal process. assuming the shields cannot be re-installed....Is it ok to leave the bearings open ?? Whats the fix?? Now that i know it has the metal shielded, I'm planning on replacing them with some rubber sealed ones from Acer , Boca or Tamiya . Thanks
Old 02-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Take a sharp exacto and hook the end of the snap ring. Take this out and the shield comes out repeat for the other side. Use lacquer thinner or other strong solvent to strip the factory grease, lube and reassemble.

I used to think the same on the metal shield but it is re-useable look at eh ends closely and you will see one side with / the other will have \ this is the side to put the blade into to "hook" it

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.