Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sasad
Hi, I have this parts at home, I didn't test it, but I think that these are not the new P01/P02 improved, because P18/P19 are the same like P01/P02, only more short.
You're right. I missed that fact that these were already/always available.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

hello, i hope someone can help me, in owner of a tamiya 417x and like it a lot, i do many batteries during the week and like to change it for a new car.
i saw the awesomatix and thought it was totally different from the rest, but i have many doubts about it, first is to know is there a new car coming soon because someone is selling me one brand new and i dont want to be one newer once i bought it, the second thing is to know if this car is easy or difficult to set up because im not a very experimented driver.
thanks a lot.
sorry about my english
Old 07-31-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have an A700 I built a few days ago, she was new because one shop still had kit on stock and I drove it, she's wonderful, really better than my BD5 Yokomo.

But I have a problem I can solve: I run with the same esc ( Tekin RS pro), motor, receiver, sensor, gear ratio ans so on than on my BD5 and each time after 2min 30s my esc overheat and stop.
I lookeed at my transmission, everything is free and well adjusted.
I tried with a second electronic ( which works well on my BD5 too) and I have the same problem of overheat after 2 min 30 ... and I had an fan on my Tekin.

If you have an idea of what happen please....
Old 07-31-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nico,

Please check you actual final drive ratio.
There are 2.08 and 2.55 internal drive train ratios for our car.
What ratio are you using for calculations now?

Is the whole transmission free for rotation now without pinion gear?
Please check it also.

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi,

I have an A700 I built a few days ago, she was new because one shop still had kit on stock and I drove it, she's wonderful, really better than my BD5 Yokomo.

But I have a problem I can solve: I run with the same esc ( Tekin RS pro), motor, receiver, sensor, gear ratio ans so on than on my BD5 and each time after 2min 30s my esc overheat and stop.
I lookeed at my transmission, everything is free and well adjusted.
I tried with a second electronic ( which works well on my BD5 too) and I have the same problem of overheat after 2 min 30 ... and I had an fan on my Tekin.

If you have an idea of what happen please....
Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Nico,

Please check you actual final drive ratio.
There are 2.08 and 2.55 internal drive train ratios for our car.
What ratio are you using for calculations now?

Is the whole transmission free for rotation now without pinion gear?
Please check it also.
Hi Oleg,

thanks for your reply

my final drive ratio is the same than with my Yokomo, that' s to say 4,42 ( I'm running 10,5 blinky mode)
I use 2.08 for calculations and I use the a 85 spur gear and 40 pinion.

my transmission is totally free, Hugo Ragaut helped me to have it perfect so no worry I think about my transmission.

that's why I don't understand at all what happen?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Hi Oleg,

thanks for your reply

my final drive ratio is the same than with my Yokomo, that' s to say 4,42 ( I'm running 10,5 blinky mode)
I use 2.08 for calculations and I use the a 85 spur gear and 40 pinion.

my transmission is totally free, Hugo Ragaut helped me to have it perfect so no worry I think about my transmission.

that's why I don't understand at all what happen?
The Tekin can be quite sensitive, and prone to overheating. I've known people cut the bottom off the case trying to keep it cool!

On a belt drive car the belt itself moves quite a bit of air and tends to be right next to the ESC, helping to keep it cool. On a shaft-drive car you don't have this.

Just fit an ESC fan and you should be fine (I recommend the Yeah Racing Tornado fan, but only running on 6v from the receiver, it can't cope with any more). I think the ESC stays cooler when mounted vertically (I've seen a few mounted like that), and a fan blowing across the bottom and onto the solder poles (which it uses for cooling).

If that doesn't work, just get a £60 Hobbywing and forget all about overheating.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleburr
The Tekin can be quite sensitive, and prone to overheating. I've known people cut the bottom off the case trying to keep it cool!

On a belt drive car the belt itself moves quite a bit of air and tends to be right next to the ESC, helping to keep it cool. On a shaft-drive car you don't have this.

Just fit an ESC fan and you should be fine (I recommend the Yeah Racing Tornado fan, but only running on 6v from the receiver, it can't cope with any more). I think the ESC stays cooler when mounted vertically (I've seen a few mounted like that), and a fan blowing across the bottom and onto the solder poles (which it uses for cooling).

If that doesn't work, just get a £60 Hobbywing and forget all about overheating.
thanks for your reply, I already tried with a fan, I just learned that one people had the same problem as me and everything seems to provide from Sanwa BLS ( we have the same servo), when he put it off, it works, when he put in on , it doesn't work and Tekin overheat after 2min 30!
I don't understand the link between servo and Tekin... but I can't explain what happen.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

thanks for your reply, I already tried with a fan, I just learned that one people had the same problem as me and everything seems to provide from Sanwa BLS ( we have the same servo), when he put it off, it works, when he put in on , it doesn't work and Tekin overheat after 2min 30!
I don't understand the link between servo and Tekin... but I can't explain what happen.
The servo probably draws a lot of current, overheating one of the BEC chips.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleburr
The servo probably draws a lot of current, overheating one of the BEC chips.
yes it's possible, I will try with just an servo and tell you.

thanks for all,

Nico'

Last edited by Nico'; 07-31-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I tried to run today with an other servo, one KO RSX one, and this time, no worry of esc overheat! so it was right Sanwa BLS the cause.

Thanks a lot for the help.
=> this car is so nice to drive, wonderful!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi,

I tried to run today with an other servo, one KO RSX one, and this time, no worry of esc overheat! so it was right Sanwa BLS the cause.

Thanks a lot for the help.
=> this car is so nice to drive, wonderful!
Glad to see it worked out for you. I'm looking to change out my radio gear to the new Sanwa M12 Tx/Rx and their digital BLS servo. I don't run Tekin ESCs but the issues you experienced has me thinking a bit more about switching.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks John,

We are two in France to run Tekin and Sanwa BLS and had the same problem, but other drivers in France with Sanwa BLS and other ESC ( Orion R10) and with A700 have no problem.

I'm in touch with Tekin support for my problem ( support very reactive, nice) , I will ask them what can't work between Tekin esc and sanwa BLS, and tell you after their answer,

bye,

Nico'
Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John.C
Click me

New / improved / revised items are being tested and will be available to the public shortly. 2 items that are confirmed for release and what I'm most interested in are the lower deck (narrower and different flex) and P01/P02 (stronger). A must have item that's not on the list (link above) is the P20 - Front Universals Ring. Otherwise, the car is very durable and race worthy right out of the box.
Is there goin to be a 'world's kit' or the car will be updated with a care package with the new parts? i'm looking to try out this A700 if there is a distributor and easy to get parts for the Asian market.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
Is there goin to be a 'world's kit' or the car will be updated with a care package with the new parts? i'm looking to try out this A700 if there is a distributor and easy to get parts for the Asian market.

Oleg is best to comment about parts/kits to market.

Of the things I have tried - the car has been dialed in on both carpet and asphalt.

I am looking forward to the finished bits as well.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Initiate

So with the current car and upgrade parts available have people converged on a set up that is dialled on carpet now.

I've not raced mine in a while due to other commitments, not even fitted the stuff I ordered like the battery mount and sleeves to go on the UJ's.

I plan on stripping the car and then rebuilding with new parts etc but would be good if someone can point in the right direction of what they have found works well on carpet and I will use that as my base point. just hoping things have moved on a bit since all the original base set ups we started with.

Many thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.