HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool, thanks a bunch for the info guys. . .and Sickwittit I like those CF parts!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
For the money, This is a great servo:

Associated XP Digital
High Torque High Speed DS1015 Servo with Coreless Motor.

SPECS: Dimensions: 1.6 x 0.81 x 1.5" (41.8 x 20.6 x 39.6mm)
Weight: 2.32oz (66g)
Torque: 201.4 oz-in (14.5 kg-cm) @6V
Transit Time: 0.108 sec/60°
Voltage Range: 4.8 - 6V
Traveling Angle: 90°/180°

Link to Servo:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTCX9

For a little more money, The HiTech 7950TH is quite powerful:

http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-7950th_servo.html

More Data:
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Hitec-HS-...o-p-17941.html

we all have opinion's and mine on Ace/Ae servo's isn't a pretty one, Lets just leave it at you like the Ace and I dont.

no sense getting into details as i know the outcome of arguing over servo's.

PS talk to robert lately joseph ?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Matrix Concepts Inc. Carbon Fiber Chassis and Parts- Status.

Originally Posted by Integra
we all have opinion's and mine on Ace/Ae servo's isn't a pretty one, Lets just leave it at you like the Ace and I dont.

no sense getting into details as i know the outcome of arguing over servo's.

PS talk to robert lately joseph ?
Hi Nick,
I'm very very interested in knowing what your experience has been with these Servo's. I will send you a PM.

I spoke to Robert two days ago and he was looking at another 2am late night shift working on chassis specifics and also working on side guards and a few other new design carbon fiber parts as well. Robert is extreemly busy getting everything ready for the Nationals. Jeremy Kortz has been testing and racing with the Matrix Concepts Inc Complete Carbon Fiber Kit- which includes the Carbon Fiber Chassis. This project is going very well. I'm extreemly happy to see Robert and Jeremy Kortz working together on this project with the carbon fiber chassis and shock towers and all the parts Robert is making. Robert has been working almost nonstop- often working until after 2am in the morning, a couple hours sleep and right back up to the shop designing and refining all these carbon fiber parts. I talk with Robert at least twice a week. I can hear in Roberts voice he's quite tired, but also extreemly excited about creating all these parts. Robert has a passion for his work and it's really great to see Robert so excited about what he is doing. The quality and attention to detail is second to none.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I can't wait to pick up one of the matrix chassis kits!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Hi Nick,
I'm very very interested in knowing what your experience has been with these Servo's. I will send you a PM.

I spoke to Robert two days ago and he was looking at another 2am late night shift working on chassis specifics and also working on side guards and a few other new design carbon fiber parts as well. Robert is extreemly busy getting everything ready for the Nationals. Jeremy Kortz has been testing and racing with the Matrix Concepts Inc Complete Carbon Fiber Kit- which includes the Carbon Fiber Chassis. This project is going very well. I'm extreemly happy to see Robert and Jeremy Kortz working together on this project with the carbon fiber chassis and shock towers and all the parts Robert is making. Robert has been working almost nonstop- often working until after 2am in the morning, a couple hours sleep and right back up to the shop designing and refining all these carbon fiber parts. I talk with Robert at least twice a week. I can hear in Roberts voice he's quite tired, but also extreemly excited about creating all these parts. Robert has a passion for his work and it's really great to see Robert so excited about what he is doing. The quality and attention to detail is second to none.
The chassis look nice. How many years has he been making carbon parts for the hobby industry?
Old 09-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
The chassis look nice. How many years has he been making carbon parts for the hobby industry?

I stand corrected

Last edited by Integra; 09-11-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I made my first RC parts in 1982 for the Associated RC12e, then my first (monocoque) molded chassis for the RC10 in 1989. I manufactured the carbon monocoqe F1 chassis for HPI, I think 1992, we produced 85 of them and they all went to Japan except for 3. I also made molded ground effect INSANE SPEEDRUN CARS, that Bob Novak ansd Shawn Ireland drove back in the early 90's also.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Over 20 Years Making Carbon Fiber Performance Parts- Matrix Concepts Inc.

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
I can't wait to pick up one of the matrix chassis kits!!!
I look forward to seeing your Full Matrix Concepts Inc- Hyper 9E with Full Carbon Fiber Chassis with all Accessories and Parts Available- some not yet revealed but will be shown for the first time around the time of the Nationals which are only a few weeks away. Once you receive your complete kit, please take lots of pictures of your buggy with all the carbon fiber and post those pictures up on this thread, and or on Roberts Matrix Concepts Inc- Performance Carbon Fiber Chassis and Parts Thread. You're going to love this kit, it's totally awesome in every detail. And the performance of the Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis and parts is absolutely amazing.

In addition to Roberts post, the past five years have include making carbon fiber chassis for the Losi 8ight which is pictured on the Matrix Concepts Inc- Home WebSite. The Carbon Fiber Chassis Robert Design for the Losi 8ight is like nothing I've ever seen. A front and rear "Built Into the Chassis" replaceable Skid Plate- molded flush into the bottom of the chassis. And also includes replaceable(Aluminum) Droop Screw Plates as well. In the past five years of the Losi 8ight Carbon Fiber Chassis being in Production, not one chassis has broke. Even the very first Prototype Chassis that didn't even have replaceable skid plates built into them- are still being raced to this day with zero problems and excellent performance. I truly hope that everyone in the RC industry- one day has access to Roberts Products, in other words; I hope Robert can continue to expand the line of Chassis and Parts he makes in carbon fiber- to all the major manufacturers of 1/8th scale buggies and truggies.

PS. In the past twenty years, Robert has worked with Carbon Fiber Design and Manufacture for the purpose of Performance Parts for various high tech industries and hobbies. All of Roberts Experience goes into everything Robert makes with Carbon Fiber. Plus I believe Robert has a Natural ability, a rare Genious that makes the impossible; Possible

Last edited by MindThoughts; 09-11-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm trying to find the Matrix Concepts carbon fiber chassis and complete kit on the website for my Hyper 9e but not having much luck. Can someone please post a direct link? Also, I want to buy screw set to replace the stock. . .any recommendations?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Matrix Concepts will have the Complete Kit's Ready around the time of the Nationals.

Originally Posted by RMJ22
I'm trying to find the Matrix Concepts carbon fiber chassis and complete kit on the website for my Hyper 9e but not having much luck. Can someone please post a direct link? Also, I want to buy screw set to replace the stock. . .any recommendations?

Hi RMJ22-
The Complete Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Kit's which include the Carbon Fiber Chassis will be available around the time of the Nationals, which is quite soon. The final pricing will not be available until the Chassis and Complete Kit is ready for release.

Be sure to send Robert an email asking to be placed on the waiting list for the Complete Hyper 9E Carbon Fiber Kit which includes the Carbon Fiber Chassis- Side Guards- Radio Tray- Center Diff Top Plate- Ackerman Arms- Shock Towers- Front Upper Hinge Pin Holder- And More- All Extreemly High Quality.

Direct Link to Matrix Concepts Inc WebSite:
http://www.matrixconceptsinc.com/

Link to Robert's Direct Email Address:
http://www.matrixconceptsinc.com/pro...ix_mission.asp

As for which screws to run. Many Racers run the Titanium Screws, NitroHouse sells two screw kit's for the Mugen Buggy- which fit the Hyper 9E quite well.

Two Links to the kit's you will need:
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20022

You will also need this kit.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20023

If you would like to spend less on screws, you can give aluminum a try and replace any screws that break with either Titanium, or the Hardened Black Steel screws which are heavier- but also quite strong.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Hmmm...Patience boys...patience....As the cliche goes,"Everything comes to those who wait"...but seriously, are we there yet?! just putting in a friendly jab...
Old 09-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone use this Ofna Hyper 9e CNC Aluminum Motor Mount Heat Sink.
Did it fit when I use Elite RC motor mount ?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by perdoden
If you're talking about the one that comes with the kit, no it doesn't fit.

It doesn't even fit with the stock motor mount with most motors.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Elite-RC motor mount moves the motor closer to the chassiss than stock. Even with 26T

Originally Posted by perdoden
The reason the heat sink doesn't fit when using the Elite-RC motor mount is because the elite-RC motor mount lowers the motor even closer to the chassis, test revealed that even with a 26mm tooth pinion gear, and the 15 degree incline angle Brandon design into the motor mount, the motor still sits closer to the chassis compared to the stock motor mount. Brandon of Elite-RC, lowered the motor as close as possible to the chassis, yet still leave enough space between the chassis and bottom of the motor for any possible chassis flex. Thus preventing the motor from making contact with the chassis directly.
If you're considering buying the elite-RC motor mount, I highly recumend it. If you already own the elite-RC motor mount- well done
Old 09-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Mindthoughts - thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.