What size pinion are you running?
16t
Old 08-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 16/42 = apx 15/40

Originally Posted by Glowster21
What size pinion are you running?
Glowster, keep in mind snrscion is not running the 40tooth(buggy ships with) spur gear, but rather the modified to fit the Hyper 9e 42tooth Hyper 10sc spur gear, on his Hyper 9e center diff.

So I believe the final gearing is 16/42. If you would like to get close to this gear ratio, but are running the original 40tooth spur gear, I believe you will need to run a 15tooth pinion gear, with the 40tooth spur. Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Anyone Need a 10amp Charger? Super Awesome Low Price.

Hellow my fellow Hyper 9e owners, and guest.

I'm posting a link to my chargers for sale, just in case anyone here would like to purchase them, or one. These are the TC-1030 Team CheckPoint 10amp Charge, 30 amp Discharge, Backlit LCD(Big LCD) and in perfect working order. I'm now using my recently received CellPro PowerLab 8 Chargers and no longer need my Four TC-1030 chargers.

I payed 170.oo for each charger + 50 each for the balancers. You get the charger and balancer for 50 dollars if you would like to buy all four chargers with balancers. the price is 200 total

Link to sale:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...both-50-a.html
Old 08-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys
See a lot of people talking about gearing. In my first outing with the hyper 9e. I am using a mamba monster esc and mamba 18000kv motor with a 4 cell pack. I ran a 16t pinion with all the stock settings on the esc. Motor/esc temps were around 130ish after my 10 min main. I am going to go up one tooth on the pinion for this week. Any thought/suggestions???
Thanks
Chris
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Novak HV 4.5 Sensored Motor with Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC. Has Anyone Tried This?

I realized I had an old novak 4.5 High Voltage motor on my shelf and it's sensored. I would like to run this Motor with the Mamba Max Pro and see how it runs in both Full Time sensored mode, and also in Smart Sense Mode, which allows the motor to run in sensored mode at low speeds, and then the signal switches over to sensorless from the esc to allow the motor to run cooler, and more efficiently. Both castle creations and novak said it's possible. What I'm curious of, has anyone tried this set up? if so, what was your experience, and also; what gearing did you use? Thank you in advance. Any info would be very much appreciated. And if knowone has tried this, I will certainly give a full review of my experience.

PS. I will start out with one 2cell lipo, and then try a 3cell lipo and see how the power feels. I will also experiment with gearing changes. With all this motor testing and gearing changes, I'm sure glad Brandon of Elite-RC designed his motor mount to be easy to adjust the gear mesh and change the motor out. I've heard many people say they don't need a motor that makes it easy to change the gear mesh, and or to change the motor because this is something they don't often do. I most certainly beg to differ

Elite-RC-Awesome Motor Mount
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
I realized I had an old novak 4.5 High Voltage motor on my shelf and it's sensored. I would like to run this Motor with the Mamba Max Pro and see how it runs in both Full Time sensored mode, and also in Smart Sense Mode, which allows the motor to run in sensored mode at low speeds, and then the signal switches over to sensorless from the esc to allow the motor to run cooler, and more efficiently. Both castle creations and novak said it's possible. What I'm curious of, has anyone tried this set up? if so, what was your experience, and also; what gearing did you use? Thank you in advance. Any info would be very much appreciated. And if knowone has tried this, I will certainly give a full review of my experience.

PS. I will start out with one 2cell lipo, and then try a 3cell lipo and see how the power feels. I will also experiment with gearing changes. With all this motor testing and gearing changes, I'm sure glad Brandon of Elite-RC designed his motor mount to be easy to adjust the gear mesh and change the motor out. I've heard many people say they don't need a motor that makes it easy to change the gear mesh, and or to change the motor because this is something they don't often do. I most certainly beg to differ

Elite-RC-Awesome Motor Mount
Besides the MMPro, Barry Baker used to run a novak sensored motor when e 1/8 was starting at OCRC. It is worth a try. I would just test the temp after a bit just to make sure you are ok.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hey what's up man,since you have the esc and motor,why don't u buy the jammin scrt-10 to run with steve
Old 08-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default MMP with Novak 4.5 in Hyper 9e. Test with One 2cell, or One 3cell.

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
Besides the MMPro, Barry Baker used to run a novak sensored motor when e 1/8 was starting at OCRC. It is worth a try. I would just test the temp after a bit just to make sure you are ok.

Thank you T4,
I very much appreciate your input. Anything anyone knows about this setup, and or ideas; please feel free to contribute.

I must say, the Castle Creations 2650kv is absolutely fast and always runs cool. Though I would like to experiment with sensored systems, and this is why I'm dusting off my novak 4.5 and giving it a try. I know many people run the novak 4.5HV in their 4x4 corr trucks, with the Mamba Max Pro ESC, most with great success, so I've read. Being that this Matrix Concepts Hyper 9e is so much lighter than stock, and in fact quite close to the weight of a CORR truck, This may be a hot setup after all. I do not know. I will be sure to have my external BEC and my Glitch Buster(receiver capacitor)close by, at my pit. I must say, experimenting is quite fun. Results soon to follow. If anyone has any other motor/esc combination ideas, please feel free to post these ideas and experiences, and or hopes. I will be running the new M4 hole shots- super soft tires at west coast rc raceway(indoor clay track, kept perfectly moist). In the past I've only tried M3, M4 is the new extra softness. These tires may not last as long, but they sure should hook up like railroad tracks. Totally glued to the clay. Full review once I've run these at west coast, soon.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Thank you T4,
I very much appreciate your input. Anything anyone knows about this setup, and or ideas; please feel free to contribute.

I must say, the Castle Creations 2650kv is absolutely fast and always runs cool. Though I would like to experiment with sensored systems, and this is why I'm dusting off my novak 4.5 and giving it a try. I know many people run the novak 4.5HV in their 4x4 corr trucks, with the Mamba Max Pro ESC, most with great success, so I've read. Being that this Matrix Concepts Hyper 9e is so much lighter than stock, and in fact quite close to the weight of a CORR truck, This may be a hot setup after all. I do not know. I will be sure to have my external BEC and my Glitch Buster(receiver capacitor)close by, at my pit. I must say, experimenting is quite fun. Results soon to follow. If anyone has any other motor/esc combination ideas, please feel free to post these ideas and experiences, and or hopes. I will be running the new M4 hole shots- super soft tires at west coast rc raceway(indoor clay track, kept perfectly moist). In the past I've only tried M3, M4 is the new extra softness. These tires may not last as long, but they sure should hook up like railroad tracks. Totally glued to the clay. Full review once I've run these at west coast, soon.
I would definately like to know how they do although I would still probably end up with the barcodes. Proline is supposed to be coming out with 1:8th suburbs soon so it might be a better choice then.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default My Hyper 9E gets my full attention.

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Hey what's up man,since you have the esc and motor,why don't u buy the jammin scrt-10 to run with steve

I'm having way to much fun with my Hyper 9e. As it is I wish the track stayed open all night, at least once a week or so. That sure would be awesome. I may eventually buy a 1/10th scale 4wd corr truck. For the time being, When it comes to RC's; My Hyper 9E gets my full attention.

PS. How is your Hyper 9E doing? What's your next project for your buggy?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Getting some more parts from steve
Old 08-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Getting some more parts from steve
like?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

shocktowers,chassis brace,and the aluminum brace from ofna for the front,the conversion which mindthought's you know what i'm talking about
Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tires, Traction and Wear/Life.

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
I would definately like to know how they do although I would still probably end up with the barcodes. Proline is supposed to be coming out with 1:8th suburbs soon so it might be a better choice then.
I'll keep this thread posted on the various tire tractions and wear factores as I experience them with different tires.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

I'm currently having a blast with my new b44,my newest addition to the fleet.I have been putting my 8th scales on the backburner for a while because both of my tracks are now only 10th scale.The tracks are getting ready for the super cup coming up.All electric 10th scale.My t4 is also seeing alot of attention.Here is the link of a test video of the first indoor rc facility in florida.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HdYw...layer_embedded i will be running here for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.