Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traxxas rustler xvl

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default traxxas rustler xvl

does it accelerate good and haul?, and can i get stronger parts so less breakage easily
Old 05-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i drove one on a track and i was very sad with its performance for a brushless motor. it had a 7cell battery i think 5000mah, my 27t beat it in a race and no it doesn't haul too well either.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, maybe not home is right...it's not a full blown race set up untill you do a lot of mods. I've got 4 degree toe in alum. tranny, extended arms...the list goes on forever...etc

This was the first run on a new track so my driving sucks ...but you'll get the picture. I race everthing...and it really comes down to driver and truck set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8qAuNDmuyE

This was a velineon system motor/speed control and a 2 cell 4000 lipo for reference.

Last edited by velineonracer; 05-17-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess it depends on what your comparing it to. My Rustler blows my 13.5BL away in acceleration and top speed; however, the VXL motor is roughly a 10T BL and rated at a higher KV. Using my VXL as a benchmark, I was disappointed in my 13.5BL.

My experience is very limited so take my comments for what their worth.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

The Rustler VXL is absurdly fast with a 3S Lipo in it and in general needs only minimum upgrades. I use mine for street runs with a set of anacondas and run talons in short grass/dirt. I love watching it fly across short grass/dirt fields. Its kind of ridiculous.

I have aluminum steering blocks and stub axle carriers as the originals broke quickly. Also put on an RPM bumper. Dremeled the chassis some to fit a bigger battery.

It doesn't handle real well offroad through. Got my but kicked by a 8th scale nitro buggy over dirt and rocks in a general bashind session, but embarrased the same car on the street.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IMonCRACK
does it accelerate good and haul?, and can i get stronger parts so less breakage easily
ive thought, it's faster than my 27t mf2 on a longer track/ field. the rustler is more on the bashing end than a racing truck. mods to race? yes. an exelent basher, maybe not too sure yet.