Search

BMI DB10R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I think Adrian's bringing you bad luck

We're all still recovering from Adrian's predictions last year for the release of the MI3. He had us waiting for almost 2 months untill we finally got our dear MI3s. Shortly after he left ShUSA and now witht he 10R the same thing is happening...unnexpected delays...misterius corrections...its the Adrian hex!!!

Great employee and super nice and an RC encyclopedia...but it comes at a pri ce
Na, we are just unusually busy right now. It is a great problem to have considering alot of places are slow right now. We get a good amount of government contracts and most of our work is repeat work. The nice part is that once you get a job from most of my customers, they have you down in the system as the supplier so we always get the job when it comes around. The problem i ran into was that alot of jobs were all due at the same time and we needed to get them complete without being late. Your vendor rating drops if you are late. I need to keep on my toes and make sure i am never late.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

been here since 82 and haven't shoveled snow since..
Old 04-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Lord

I have to say, at 1st i didnt like it down here because i couldnt get used to jet skiing in january. It just felt odd. Needless to say i got used to it real fast.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

we used to take a family photo ever year as we got home from playing tennis on christmas day as was our family tradition.. we'd send it to all our friends back up north to help them warm up for new years.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Hey guys,

I got several emails asking if i have balanced the pod for a brushless motor in the DB10R. I would like to answer this here and save myself some typing.

In order to actually ballance the pod, it would need to be done with the axle in to achieve true balance. The diff hub contains 3 bearings,2 diff rings,12 diff balls,a spur,threaded stud, a thrust spacer and a nut. The left side has only a hub. So if i was to center the motor and tell you i balanced the pod i would not be doing anything other than throwing you a sales pitch.

The next reason is, The pod does not pivot. It stays flat and does not pivot around anything. You only want to balance what pivots which is the chassis. The chassis pivots on the center pivot,the rear always stays flat.

The reason we centered a brushed motor in the pod is due to the flywheel effect created by a heavy,large diameter arm. When the car accelerates, you want the gyro effect of the arm to be inline with the center of the car so it does not make the car pull to the side under acceleration. The pod is not balanced when i do this. It was done to direct the gyro effect to the neutral center point and assure straight line acceleration.

A rotor on a brushless motor is very small in diameter in comparison to a brushed motors arm. The gyro effect is pretty much non existant. I found no need to move the motor and sacrifice the handling for when you run a brushed motor. The brushless motor is not off center enough to have any effect with the close to no flywheel effect. This was a decision i made back when i 1st designed the pod for the DB12R. The benefit of having a brushed motor centered is huge. There is no benefit of centering a brushless.

I hope this answers the questions you guys had.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tallyrc
we used to take a family photo ever year as we got home from playing tennis on christmas day as was our family tradition.. we'd send it to all our friends back up north to help them warm up for new years.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

I got several emails asking if i have balanced the pod for a brushless motor in the DB10R. I would like to answer this here and save myself some typing.

In order to actually ballance the pod, it would need to be done with the axle in to achieve true balance. The diff hub contains 3 bearings,2 diff rings,12 diff balls,a spur,threaded stud, a thrust spacer and a nut. The left side has only a hub. So if i was to center the motor and tell you i balanced the pod i would not be doing anything other than throwing you a sales pitch.

The next reason is, The pod does not pivot. It stays flat and does not pivot around anything. You only want to balance what pivots which is the chassis. The chassis pivots on the center pivot,the rear always stays flat.

The reason we centered a brushed motor in the pod is due to the flywheel effect created by a heavy,large diameter arm. When the car accelerates, you want the gyro effect of the arm to be inline with the center of the car so it does not make the car pull to the side under acceleration. The pod is not balanced when i do this. It was done to direct the gyro effect to the neutral center point and assure straight line acceleration.

A rotor on a brushless motor is very small in diameter in comparison to a brushed motors arm. The gyro effect is pretty much non existant. I found no need to move the motor and sacrifice the handling for when you run a brushed motor. The brushless motor is not off center enough to have any effect with the close to no flywheel effect. This was a decision i made back when i 1st designed the pod for the DB12R. The benefit of having a brushed motor centered is huge. There is no benefit of centering a brushless.

I hope this answers the questions you guys had.
Wow that is ironic. I was going to come on here and ask that question just now. Thanks Jason. And I didn't know the DB10R would do lipo/nimh right down the middle. I might just have to go LiPo and brushless now.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Lord

We wanted to accomodate as many of the existing packs as possible and also keep performance. I think you guys will really be happy with the car.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
I have to say, at 1st i didnt like it down here because i couldnt get used to jet skiing in january. It just felt odd. Needless to say i got used to it real fast.
That shit just aint right!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hah. I basically did the opposite thing. I moved from Australia to Ottawa, Canada almost 7 years ago. Getting used to the seasons being opposite was easy. Getting used to the climate extremes takes some effort. 30+ degrees Celsius in the summer and -40 degrees in the winter is just not right.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kropy
That shit just aint right!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Hah. I basically did the opposite thing. I moved from Australia to Ottawa, Canada almost 7 years ago. Getting used to the seasons being opposite was easy. Getting used to the climate extremes takes some effort. 30+ degrees Celsius in the summer and -40 degrees in the winter is just not right.
ouch
Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Lord

Hey guys,

Today i went over what we have left before we start shipping and it looks like if we stay on schedule, Thursday of this coming week will be when we start shipping cars. I will fill pre orders in the order they were received. Thanks again for all of the support guys. You are really going to enjoy this car.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jason -

How many pre-orders do you have vs. how many ready to ship kits will you have?

- Just curious?

Old 04-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Tech Lord

To be honest buddy, i am not sure exactly. I know that we do have a bunch of preorders but i never counted them. I made a very large run of cars so everyone should get a car who has ordered them out in the 1st run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.