hi at all,
nice thread here.

dieter
Old 12-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
wyl03
there is a point where the car just has to move forward other wise there is no point. I think the term screwed is a little harsh don't you. Thats like saying that MTX3 owners got screwed because they released an MTX4. cars progress you either move with it or you don't. Should we tell TM to stop all work on the car??
my apologies. i admit, it was a harsh term to use.

if this is meant to be an entirely new car, then it shouldn't be call G4S at all. in fact, there shouldn't even be an association with G4.
it should be G5 or something ..
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyl03
my apologies. i admit, it was a harsh term to use.

if this is meant to be an entirely new car, then it shouldn't be call G4S at all. in fact, there shouldn't even be an association with G4.
it should be G5 or something ..
You sounds like selling Apple PC
Old 12-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im really sold to Team Magic MotorMan, and for sure i will be geting the first kit i can of the G4S, but we have to remember that the G4/Mongoose started to be popular because of the price, so try to be gentle on that ... i know my G4 EVO and i know that can be par-to-par with Kyosho RRR's, Serpents 7xx and all, but thats why i KNOW MY CAR, and if the new G4S goes too close to the competition prices (or over them), not too many people will risk to switch brands (you know how we the hobbysts are, usually stay on the most popular or marketing-powered items and just take a risk if the investment its lower than the competition) ...

MTX4 its expensive and passed the US$ 400 barrier, the 710 its closer but not much (US$ 370) ... so i repeat, PLEASE be careful on the price issue. I know that expensives upgrades come with the new car, but other brands offers on their marketing strategy great cars too ...

I hope it ends just at the price of current 710 or a little lower (around US$ 350 or so) ...

well, just my 0.0000002 cents,

Keep up the good work, and good luck on the winternats with the new G4S car !!! ...

Pat
Chile

Originally Posted by Motorman
thanks for the input on retrofit. Nickko reads these threads and I am sure he will value the input.

I can say that the projected street price of the car will be around 395.00 USD and the full works pro car will be closer to 480.00 (this could go up or down based on content) so if your expecting the car to be near the old pricing it won't be. To bring the car up to a level it can be on par with its kyosho, mugen competitors the car incurred some significant cost increases. Thats not going to make some folks happy but that is where it will be.

the difference with the pro car is it will basically be a K factory works package and a tuning package. So you can go to the track and have everything to tune the car in from the git go. This is just a rough idea. more intended for somone who has never had a g4 before

also I have to add that the pro car deal will initially be a USA car thing as it will be done in house here. The distributors in other countries won't have it initially unless they package something themselves so I cannot speak for them. If it appears to be popular I am sure Team Magic would consider kitting it at the factory direct. What I am also trying to say is that I am not speaking for the factory on behalf of the pro car idea. That decision is up to them.

shock springs 2 sets
clutch springs
option pinions
shock pistons
alumunium clutch bell
carbon side braces
alumunium mid shaft bracket
etc

wyl03
there is a point where the car just has to move forward other wise there is no point. I think the term screwed is a little harsh don't you. Thats like saying that MTX3 owners got screwed because they released an MTX4. cars progress you either move with it or you don't. Should we tell TM to stop all work on the car??
Old 12-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default teammagic

i hope with all the interest that i see that at major races we can come together and put the car in the top 10 regardless of what version you have
Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Motorman,

Pat has a very valid point. A lot of the people who drive the G4 or Mongoose, including many people in this thread, drive the car because of its affordability. The price was the major selling point for me. I bought two from Ultimate Hobbies, one to race, the other for parts. If the price is above $400, many will turn their heads and buy RRR, Mugen, 710 or the new Hara R40. Please, please remind the sales/marketing team to be gentle with the price

An upgrade kit is definitely a must. Even at a $200 dollar street price, it is worth it. That's at least $200 dollars less a new the new G4S, and for many, well worth the price. I saw the UFO clutch for sale at my LHS for $130, I think thats crazy. The upgrade package pricing that you described, if you put in perpective, is actually pretty fair.

Don
Old 12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

I'm hearing you on the pricing and also the K factory pricing.(which has been somewhat high at times and no fault of TM) The problem was I had no input on the end outcome of pricing on option parts. there is a plan to fix more things than the car and saturday I'll tell you all about it. I was the catylist that pushed the mongoose from its inception in an attempt to bring the g4 back in as a legitimate competitor, there were certainly struggles. I was the one that pushed RD to go after it. I was the one that named the car. Trust me I listen to what you guys say. I understand the G4S and G5 thing but its a name just like the mongoose. I talked to TM about that but the decision was made to stay with the G4 name.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

drawings courtesy of TM
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4s-top.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4sbottom.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4sdeck.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4sdeckbottom.jpg  

Last edited by Motorman; 12-20-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

2nd
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4sfront.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4srear.jpg  
Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Plan to release the G4S is around 2006 Jan 20~26 (right before Chinese New Year Holiday).

G4S Specification :

l 3mm Aluminum 7075 Chassis (w/downside belt tensioner)

l Carbon Radio Plate (large servo and receiver space)

l Cage Structure

l Carbon Transponder Holder

l Dual Lay-down Servo Design

l Single Bell Crank Steering Design

l Hard Coated One Piece Alum. Front One-Way/Solid Axle Set (w/alum. pulley)

l Front Carbon Shock Tower

l Rear Carbon Shock Tower (w/alum. quick diff release mount)

l Aluminum One Piece Engine Mount

l UFO Clutch Set (the best clutch set at the market)

l Front Dual Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Set

l Rear Dual Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar Set

l Front Universal Joint

l K Factory Competition Belts

l Special Receiver Battery Pack Included

l Alum. Hex Wheel Adapter

l Special Receiver Battery Pack Wire Design

l Alum. Antenna Rod Holder

l Alum. Pipe Holder

l Alum. Pivot Ball Nut & Teflon Washer
Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

pictures! pictures ! keep em comin!!!

on the price issue..i 2nd to Pato
Old 12-21-2005, 06:34 AM

Man! That price makes it hard to stay with a "Dark Horse" car.

I guess I will wait and see how you guys do at the Winternats. I won't be there, but I wiil probably get C. Whit or Vince to go over and get some info and pics for me.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Motorman, the description says something about a new belt tensioner ... but at the cads i just see the old one ... and none on the rear side ...

Pat
Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Uneke
Honestly in the grand scheme of things if you compare the cost of cars to engines the cars are still relatively cheap. compare the complexity of the cars to the engines 20 parts vs 500 parts and realistically the cars are way underpriced even in the 400 dollar range. I understand what your saying about dark horse. I honestly believe the G4 is about to emerge from the realm of being a dark horse anymore.

Tabushi look at the rear suspension picture and look at the lower section of the chassis, you will see a rear belt tensioner now mounted on the chassis under where the rear belt travels. It is now on the slack side of the belt where it should be, instead of on the top like the option brake bracket had.You will also see it has a set screw in it because it swivels up when its adjusted.The chassis changed to accept this feature.

Just a comment on the price of UFO clutches, if the street price was 75 dollars max what would you say, thats where they should be.

Last edited by Motorman2; 12-21-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any info on the final price will be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.