Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Nismomike, What is the weight difference between the standard rear hubs and the aluminum hubs?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
I just switched to running stock, and now I need to do something about weight. Right now I am still in basic kit form aside from aluminum rear hubs. So this is basically stage 1 of my diet and as I cut weight I will post progress.

I have the +8 Dimec and the painter is finishing up soon. Also have a Futaba BLS551 servo (44gr) coming. I also plan to get the milled motor plate, vented slipper plates, and titanium turnbuckles/ballstuds. I would like to be around 1550grams or under. Adding is easier than subtracting.
Hey nismo, I edited the pics out, hope you dont mind..There are alot of things you can do to lighten the car. Obviously the dimec chassis will shave off a large chunk, a low pro servo will help a bit also. I went to the dimec chassis on both of our cars, and the weight is in the range you are seeking..
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

high bite track w/ a few big jumps.. so why do soo many run RM3 vs MM3? I've yet to try the MM layout, so just looking for feedback to see if it's even worth bothering with.

I race on a med bite clay track and I can say the top 2-3 drivers are rear mount, though one of the drivers at our track has moved up a few positions w/ a MM but still isn't taking fast laps typically, but has been top 4. Again just looking for some input from those who have tried both. Moving to a high bite clay track for some races soon.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walkman
Nismomike, What is the weight difference between the standard rear hubs and the aluminum hubs?
I will pull them off and check them tomorrow. I am trying to stay away from aluminum unless I absolutely need it. The hubs were a must for me. I will update you asap.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Hey nismo, I edited the pics out, hope you dont mind..There are alot of things you can do to lighten the car. Obviously the dimec chassis will shave off a large chunk, a low pro servo will help a bit also. I went to the dimec chassis on both of our cars, and the weight is in the range you are seeking..
Yeah my phone pics are giant and I dont mind at all.
Awesome news about the weight. Thats what I was hoping to hear. I am not gonna get too picky about the weight. It handles awesome right now, but I would like to get out of the hole a little quicker and maybe even gear up when I run on larger tracks. Its not slow by any means, but you know the deal in stock.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
high bite track w/ a few big jumps.. so why do soo many run RM3 vs MM3? I've yet to try the MM layout, so just looking for feedback to see if it's even worth bothering with.

I race on a med bite clay track and I can say the top 2-3 drivers are rear mount, though one of the drivers at our track has moved up a few positions w/ a MM but still isn't taking fast laps typically, but has been top 4. Again just looking for some input from those who have tried both. Moving to a high bite clay track for some races soon.
I am running mine in MM4 currently, and I really like the way it drives. Last time I drove it, my setup was close, and I haven't been able to run my latest changes yet, but I have a feeling with the changes I have made its gonna be better. Its a task to get the weight in the correct spots in MM, that I will say..
Originally Posted by nismomike
Yeah my phone pics are giant and I dont mind at all.
Awesome news about the weight. Thats what I was hoping to hear. I am not gonna get too picky about the weight. It handles awesome right now, but I would like to get out of the hole a little quicker and maybe even gear up when I run on larger tracks. Its not slow by any means, but you know the deal in stock.
I haven't run my 210 in 17.5 yet, but may give it a go soon. Blinky class is starting to grow at our track, and it looks like a good class for my Son to run in.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

..at my local track 17.5 is the class where the local fast guys are at..I run in the 13.5 class and you can get a little sloppy with your lines....and the weight of your car doesn't matter as much..I was pretty fired up yesterday.., Friday night I was working on my car and noticed that my chassis (dime 20) was broken..worked till about 11:30 at night and got everything changed back to the stock chassis (that's a lot of work) track opened at 8 am..tried a few things and the car was freakin dialed....I TQ'D by a lap.. Won the main..damm I like this car..
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The track I run on is a med-high traction indoor track. It's very smooth clay that's watered between rounds and stays pretty wet the whole day. The guy who wins on a weekly basis runs a b4.1 wc with jconcepts gold barcodes. He told me he has enough traction that he doesn't need to run any kind of tire sauce. I believe him when he laps me . Anyway, I'm running MM4 and on the same surface with unsauced tires I don't have enough traction. I HAVE to sauce to compete.

With that said, I love the way the car drives. It gets around sharp corners much quicker than my old b4 or when I had it set up for RM3. With the RM cars I've had in the past, I've had to blip the breaks to get the back end to rotate around sharp corners. Now all I have to do is let of the throttle and it effortlessly glides around them. I do feel like I struggle with traction in larger sweepers so it's not all rainbows and puppies with MM4. But I do like it better and I feel I've got a pretty dialed setup so far (as long as I have enough traction).

This is my first season with a buggy after about 4 years. Each week I've been getting faster and I can usually put myself in the back half of the A main at my track. I can usually keep up with the guys who win for a few laps until I make a mistake, so I feel the car isn't what is holding me back at this point.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

with the med bite clay I think it'd be an interesting thing to try out.

our track is a hard packed dirt with med traction i'd say. However, as the night goes on they don't water it, it gets pretty dusty. They blow it off between rounds but the track is actually a couple months old at this point and needs to be rebuilt. For the hell of it a tried the MM4 setup. I could run similar lap times, and with my inexperience in buggy(only been actually racing it for 2 weeks now) it actually allowed me to be more consistent in the corners. It does roll through them quite well. I didn't see all that much of an improvement in "flight" over a jump, however we do not have large jumps to be worrying about. I have the dimec20 chassis and should really be using the regular dimec +8 chassis on our track and will be switching when it comes off backorder. The car felt stable and felt like with some effort could be made into something quicker.

The one main problem on MY specific track was forward bite. I was at 4.5 toe in, I had the hubs slid all the way forward on the rear to get the weight over it, shorty battery slid all the way back in MM config, etc... The chicane we have it went through fine but then it goes into a long straight into a sweeper. The car just didn't have the forward bite to get up and go. I actually was playing with timing seeing how I could move around the power to see if it would help.

Overall, it probably was just that I didn't mess with it enough shock/spring wise to get it right. I played with droop a little bit, however I reached a point where if I backed off the front droop screw to get more weight going back the car would still push on power like it was RM3.

I put it back to RM3 and played with the suspension again even more, and now I have it handling like MM4, without as much push, and it has the forward bite.

Still was a great learning experiment and I'd buy a second one just to build in MM config and play around more with.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawlin
I have the dimec20 chassis and should really be using the regular dimec +8 chassis on our track and will be switching when it comes off backorder.
Just an FYI... it's available.

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320163
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

The car is a beast MM3 on high bite clay. I couldn't calm it down. It was just too aggressive for my driving style. You Definately need the weight off of the back to help with rear side bite. I think I used the 50g rdrp wt. try it. The performance will vary depending on track layout of course.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
Both chassis have been out for awhile. he means the dimec +8. there are 2 plastic chassis the stiffer dimec20 +8, and the dimec +8 (more flex).
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
I know its available, however...

I shop locally alot for stuff like that and the LHS warehouse distributor is out of stock. Just waiting for it to get shipped to my LHS and its all good.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

Got my bushings today from Nankin hobby . Good costumer service and their stock is up to date. Thanks ziperfoot for locating the parts for me
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Oasis
..at my local track 17.5 is the class where the local fast guys are at..I run in the 13.5 class and you can get a little sloppy with your lines....and the weight of your car doesn't matter as much..I was pretty fired up yesterday.., Friday night I was working on my car and noticed that my chassis (dime 20) was broken..worked till about 11:30 at night and got everything changed back to the stock chassis (that's a lot of work) track opened at 8 am..tried a few things and the car was freakin dialed....I TQ'D by a lap.. Won the main..damm I like this car..
Glad to hear you're tearing it up..Changing the chassis is time consuming, more than you think going in. I did that about a month ago, started at 8:30am before the race, and dropped it on the track just in time for my heat.. So, sounds like its time to get that setup on a sheet, and share..

Last edited by flame56mx; 01-07-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.