Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Once the registration opens, which will be posted here.

Roar will handle the registration either thru there website or thru the mail, with the flyer, that you'll be able to print.
Track is not involved with registrations
Thanks...I'll be looking for it
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry to here that.
Listen , we thought,and thought about it, but until Roar and Usvta are using the same rules, it would be a cry and complain fest.
We tried running Vta at the 2011 asphalt nats and we couldn't fill a heat with our locals and the out of towners.
We think the classes that are being run will make this one of the most exciting and one of the most prestigious Roar nats.
This Roar nats are being put together by racers, and national level racers I think(lol).So we have a pretty good idea what racers want.It'll be a lot of fun, and thats what the nats should be
Al,

That,s a shame and you are missing out. We had 17 at last years Carpet nats (including some top level drivers including Dirla and Tony Phalen). If you had allowed VTA to run you might have had 25 to thirty VTA entries this year because VTA is getting bigger with every major race that runs it. But it is your race and your decision so while I won't be going to the Carpet Nats this year, I may see you if you run USVTA and I am in that neck of the woods on business some time this year. Good luck with the 2013 Carpet nats and I hope you do well.

Peace Out,

Last edited by GP40X; 01-11-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like the classes. Haters gonna hate. Im in for 13.5 12th and one of the sedan classes...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you dont see the F1 guys bent out of shape...

Sometimes it pays to be the silent Minority, We don't have much to complain about.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Perfect! Cannot wait to see how well I fair against the best around the nation in stock touring car. As long as I don't finish last (or at least have a good time doing so) this will be an awesome race!!

12th mod has been pretty awesome at our track and I cannot wait to see some mod TC.

Just over 2 months to go!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I like the classes and was happy to see 13.5 touring. I was only gonna run 17.5 touring but now I can add another class.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
im just happy classes are out. better start practicing.
oh.. and i'd love to see ficco run mod 1/12th!
I think you should run also.

Originally Posted by al dente
Birds. Be ther to witness the beginning of a new era in mod 1/12. Hahahahaha
Umm, I think i just decided to run figure 8 only.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Running VTA at the Nats is not politically anything. There are a lot VTA drivers up and down the east coast, not to mention throughout the country. I'm sure there are a lot of them that who would love to be The VTA NATIONAL CHAMPION. IJS
agreed. but the point Al made about the rules is a valid point - oh well, ROAR needs to figure out something so that this class can run without whining and crying...

but that makes my decision easy - I'm out. no time or money to prepare for TC, but have a VTA that would have been ready to run.

odd, though - VTA has been run at every nationals since Jackson hosted the Paved Nationals 2 years ago..

Good luck to everyone, Horsham is a top-notch facility I'll probably be up to watch the happenings on the Friday or weekend
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
Birds. Be ther to witness the beginning of a new era in mod 1/12. Hahahahaha
I can't wait to see this happen......

Originally Posted by chicky03
Umm, I think i just decided to run figure 8 only.
This may be the best decision you've made to date...
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
Al,

That,s a shame and you are missing out. We had 17 at last years Carpet nats (including some top level drivers including Dirla and Tony Phalen). If you had allowed VTA to run you might have had 25 to thirty VTA entries this year because VTA is getting bigger with every major race that runs it. But it is your race and your decision so while I won't be going to the Carpet Nats this year, I may see you if you run USVTA and I am in that neck of the woods on business some time this year. Good luck with the 2013 Carpet nats and I hope you do well.

Peace Out,
Uhm you just said top level driver and Dirla in the same sentence!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Uhm you just said top level driver and Dirla in the same sentence!
lol...well he did get fast lap...lol...if he put some time on it, and quit taking mod challenges...lol...he could have maybe taking the 2012 VTA title
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Sorry to here that.
Listen , we thought,and thought about it, but until Roar and Usvta are using the same rules, it would be a cry and complain fest.
We tried running Vta at the 2011 asphalt nats and we couldn't fill a heat with our locals and the out of towners.
We think the classes that are being run will make this one of the most exciting and one of the most prestigious Roar nats.
This Roar nats are being put together by racers, and national level racers I think(lol).So we have a pretty good idea what racers want.It'll be a lot of fun, and thats what the nats should be
My guess is that the Horsham / Jackson RC track just does not get as many VTA racers as other tracks in the US.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
My guess is that the Horsham / Jackson RC track just does not get as many VTA racers as other tracks in the US.
True facts.....and I'm one of them, but sadly this was the right decision for this neck of the woods.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
Al,

Peace Out,
Historically, VTA simply hasn't pulled those entry numbers. The 17 at Carpet Nats last year was the biggest VTA turnout at any of the big non-VTA-specific races in the past few years... Less than 10 entries at 2011, 2012 Asphalt Nats, 12-13 at 2012 Snowbirds, etc. The VTA Nationals gets great numbers, but for whatever reason(ruleset or otherwise), the VTA racers don't seem to travel to the other races in big numbers.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Historically, VTA simply hasn't pulled those entry numbers. The 17 at Carpet Nats last year was the biggest VTA turnout at any of the big non-VTA-specific races in the past few years... Less than 10 entries at 2011, 2012 Asphalt Nats, 12-13 at 2012 Snowbirds, etc. The VTA Nationals gets great numbers, but for whatever reason(ruleset or otherwise), the VTA racers don't seem to travel to the other races in big numbers.
They do not not like spending 4 days, 500 to 1,000 (depending on the amount of travel). This class core design is about fun for race day... not about going to Manufactures Club Race (ROAR Nationals). So now you have it.... Let's not fill up this about what we don't like (open a new thread for that)...

Let's move on and let this be about a cool place hosting the 2013 ROAR Carpet Nationals.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.