Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T4 Owners Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up my new ride

This is my new T4 that I just finished building. Racing on Friday!
Attached Thumbnails T4 Owners Post Here!-truck.jpg  
Old 02-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

I just started to practice off-road, it's been since Nov. because of on-road and stuff and it's just awesome and i love the T4 and i just tryed out the reedy 19t and it had plenty of rip and i was clearing the triples w/ it. The only thing i did to my truck was getting the losi pink tapper pins for it and now i feel like my back end has a lil more traction and it feels better off the line. I'm also thinking of getting the threaded shocks for it and does anyone have them, if so do you think they are better or if you really need them.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What is your gearing for the Reedy 19T . Is this the quad mag motor?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just changed my stock shocks for the threaded bodies, but havent tried them yet. Thursday practice and Friday raceing, will let you know. I also went to the Trinity battery bar and hinge pin protector.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone had problems with the plastic nuts on the shock towers or was that the FIRST thing I should have changed out! Is there a easy way to change the servo saver spring?
Old 02-26-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I replaced the plastic nuts on my front shock tower with some metal ones that I had layin around. For the servo saver the only way to do anything to it is to completely remove it from the truck, even to tighten it. That is one of the things that I hate most about the truck, oh and the crappy front swingarms and the easy-strip servo saver, and the super narrow battery slot, and the constant leak rear shocks(no matter how many times you re-build them) and the weak steering spindles, those too. he he so many problems and I still love the truck.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was afraid of that. Oh well I'll practice tonight then tear down before the race tomorrow night.....Thnx
Old 02-26-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Legend

I am actually running the blue nuts that come with the BRP SC18 kit for nuts on the shock tower. I also use them for the front wheels. much better fit, very snug.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Perfect I'll pick up the BLUE nut set! Yah those nuts on the front wheels are not going to last. Wonder why they are there to begin with. Any other changes I might try before first race?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Legend

when you pick up the blue nuts you need to work them alittle bit but once you get them going they are very snug. At least that is what I have found, and besides if you don't like them its not that expensive.

What is all the hopups you have so far?

I am going to run my vehicle tommorrow hopefully in the pro class which uses the 19T spec motor. I may just run it like that regardless just to get her tuned in.

Anyone here using GM Racing speed controls? I got a V8 in my T4 now, but I am alittle confused on how to access the other functions as it goes so fast.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I got the blue nuts (not to be confused with blue balls) and they worked well. I put the Trinity hinge pin brace, threaded shock bodies,The Trinity battery bar, and just baught new heavier foams for the back.
I practiced tonight on the track and it seemed to push the front end in the corners, then broke the front shock tower right at the top bolt area, so didn't get to make many adjustments. Any suggestions right now i'm running stock adjustments with green springs in back silver in front with 40 wgt. oil all around.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Legend

What kind of surface you are running on? Looking at what the team drivers do, seems they run the rear oil lighter than the front.

Sounds like you want more bite in the front. Associated has a free RC handbook you can download that will tell you what you can adjust to get more front bite.

The T4 in stock form in general has some push, probably to make it easier to drive for new guys.

Does your truck feel like it is leaning hard in the turns? Try to describe as best you can what is going on.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

The track surface is hard blue groove and it doesn't seem to be leaning just pushing. Is the down load on thier web site?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Legend

So basically you feel the vehicle just skating over the surface in the front. What are you running for a setup ( oil, springs, shock mounting position ). I think in general you try to go to a softer spring in the front if that happens, or even change your battery position to be more oriented in the front.

Associated's website under tuning guides.

You may also want to pay for the official setup guide.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

I had a race last night and in practice found that I needed to rebuild a front shock.... still had some push so I moved the top front shock to the far inside position. I'm running silver spring in front green in back. 40 wt all around. I did buy the red taper pins and the proline blade for the fronts with the grey foams.
Can you tell me about diff. adjustment and what it should be doing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.