R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   T4 Owners Post Here! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/26029-t4-owners-post-here.html)

StepPins 10-15-2003 01:07 AM

T4 Owners Post Here!

1 Attachment(s)
Anything about Associated's new T4, post it here!

Here's my new one before it's first race;)

STEALTH 10-15-2003 01:56 AM

Sweet! Your cool paint job should standout at the track! Don't get too attached to that body tho! It will get it's share of dings and scratches after a few races! You might want to invest in a practice body too.

;)

I should have mine all ready to go by sometime next week! :D

berger 10-15-2003 07:58 AM

Sweet truck, i heard that the servo save was a little weak and that there was a better replacment spring for it and that switching to this spring took most of the slop out. Spring Linky Then the Associated ball cups have some play perpendicular to the ball stud, and quite a bit parallel to it Team Losi #A-1615 are the better replacement. These cups are longer than the Associated units, and need their shanks cut down to the same length as the originals you replace.The new cups will be harder to snap on, but they aren't so tight that they bind. Ive not done this myself as i dont have a T4, just read it on the web. Ill wait for the kit to mature a bit but i might get myself one as i like the look of them better than buggys.

StepPins 10-16-2003 12:00 AM

Last sunday's race at our local track was one to remember. My new T4 was hooked by the second qualifier and helped me to TQ and take 1st in modified A main. All I had to do was to make a quick front camber link and battery placement change and it felt really good. One of the biggest difference I noticed between this truck and my FT T3 was it's accelleration - it cleared doubles more effortlessly than the T3, and even though I was not "perfectly" lined up on the jump, it seemed like it was. I will experiment more with changes in setups and share my experiences with you all as soon as I get some practice time;)

Darkseid 10-20-2003 09:42 AM

I was starting to wonder if there was a thread on here about the T4......I guess there wasn't until now.

I just gave mine its first run this weekend. It was on a baseball feild in the park.(haven't gotten a chance to get out to the track yet)

Hopefully I'll make it to the track next weekend, even if its just to practice.

Don't see much about the truck that I would change, other than that pathetic excuse for a gear cover that they included.:flaming: After my practice run(on this well groomed and well maintained ball field) I had all kinds of dirt inside the cover! Luckly, none of it made its way into the gear mesh. Now, I understand that many of the 'off-road' :rolleyes: tracks that the pros run on, are nothing but glorified blue groove concrete with a few jumps here or there, but Associated should have realized that some of us might actually need a real gear cover, for when we run on REAL dirt!:mad:

The B4 has been out for a while, and it has that same piece of crap cover, has anyone come out with an aftermarket replacement yet?

ruftnik 10-20-2003 05:12 PM

hey T4 guys, i wanted to get a T4, what hop ups would you recommend? thanks

StepPins 10-22-2003 12:10 AM

One running chang that associated made to the T4 was to beef up the front hinge pin brace -- it's stronger now, but trinity and racer's edge makes a good aluminum one. Another good hop up would be for Lunsford's titanium turnbuckle and hinge pin set.
And until they make one, swap out the rear gear cover with a better one like the one RPM makes.

Darkseid 10-22-2003 07:45 AM

Where can I get a look at the gear cover that RPM makes for the T4? Cause I would like to replace mine as soon as possible.

paulc 10-22-2003 08:07 AM

Heres mine.... :) ... I had luck on its first race... I beat the entire field of Losi trucks!!! woohoooo!!! isnt that right stealth? :)

http://www.pitshoponline.com/images/t4.jpg

berger 10-22-2003 08:26 AM

Nice truck :nod: what electrics are under the hood?:sneaky:

paulc 10-22-2003 07:33 PM

Its got a KR 11T motor, Tempest ESC, Novak XXL and a Futaba 9401... :)

Followed the gearing on the manual but it seems it lacks top end. Its got ooddles of torque but no top end. hmmmm, gear it up one more tooth?

StepPins 10-23-2003 12:46 AM

as for the rpm gear cover... sorry, found out there isn't one yet -- they've all been using the ones for the B3/T3, but with some mods.
As for pinion gearing...the KR has very good torque (almost like a D5 Flatliner), but is known for some killer top end also. I would definitely gear up one tooth on the pinion since the motor has torque to spare. But be sure to monitor motor temps and run time if you do gear it taller.;)

paulc 10-23-2003 04:16 AM

Great, I should be able to bring home the bacon again... :)

Darkseid 10-23-2003 08:03 AM

StepPin: I just contacted RPM yesterday about what they had listed on their site as a B4 gear cover. Problem was, the way they had it listed and pictured, you couldn't quite be sure what the part # was for the correct gear cover. So hopefully they'll write me back in the next day or so. Cause if they've made one for the B4, then it would also work for the T4!:cool:

Darkseid 10-23-2003 08:57 AM

Well I heard back from RPM. They do have a gear cover for the B4, but they said they hadn't test fitted it to see if it fits the T4. (I thought both kits used the same motor plate:confused: )

Anyway, they gave me a part number and said to simply test fit it, and if needed to simply drill out the mounting holes in the gear cover to 1/8".

Anyway, heres the part#

8028x(the fifth digit "x" denotes the color)

x=2 for black
x=5 for blue
x=7 for yellow