Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

my new car is on the way, the electronics too!!!

Some parts arrived....

Electronics and batteries...

And after some soldering hours....

The chassis and SNR parts are at the post office!!!

Hurry Up....
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Take it easy with that GensAce battery for the first two cycles. After that have at it. Those are some good batteries for the money.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Hello from france,

here's my new car!!!

Thank you Steve (SNR Graphite), nice parts and great service.
I think some French guys will order soon...

Au revoir.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks, the car looks awesome.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Grew a pair and put some holes in this Tim Scott work of art.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Nice, what tires are those ?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

some cheapy Dynamite brand Speedworks 1/8 onroad tires.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

yesterday, we raced the third round of the "Rally Game/GT Challenge" in the south-west region.

It was my first race with the GTP2E. And the first battery on sunday morning because I finished building the car on sturday night!!!

We raced 4 rounds of qualifying (7 minutes) and TQed 3 from 4!! With more than a lap!! In comparison, with my qual time I would be 3 in nitro!!

In the afternoon, we raced 3 finals (9 minutes). Due to the duration of the final, I made a lot of setting on my Hobbywing system...

I won 2 from 3 because in the third final, I decided to put more power (timing) and I stopped at 8mn45, out of energy!!!

After that, we raced a "Super Final" mixing the best 5 from nitro and electro.
It was a 6 minutes race because no need to refuel for nitro and Full Power settings for electro!! A real race to compare!!

I started 3 and was first after the second curve.
I won by 12s over the second which was a nitro.
The best was that I set the fastest lap of the track, faster than nitro cars!!!

No problem with the car, very reliable and easy to tune!! Each setting I've done was directly efficient...
The HobbyWing combo was great too.
I will post my set-up soon.

Steve, your products are great...

Au revoir,

Romuald
Old 12-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Congratulations!

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

yesterday, we raced the third round of the "Rally Game/GT Challenge" in the south-west region.

It was my first race with the GTP2E. And the first battery on sunday morning because I finished building the car on sturday night!!!

We raced 4 rounds of qualifying (7 minutes) and TQed 3 from 4!! With more than a lap!! In comparison, with my qual time I would be 3 in nitro!!

In the afternoon, we raced 3 finals (9 minutes). Due to the duration of the final, I made a lot of setting on my Hobbywing system...

I won 2 from 3 because in the third final, I decided to put more power (timing) and I stopped at 8mn45, out of energy!!!

It was a 6 minutes race because no need to refuel for nitro and Full Power settings for electro!! A real race to compare!!

No problem with the car, very reliable and easy to tune!! Each setting I've done was directly efficient...

Au revoir,

Romuald
Really Great Romuald. If I may I'd like to ask you a few questions, as I'm considering doing something similar (SNR Graphite) with one of my GTP2e's. It would be awesome to know more details about your winning setup.

1- What kind of temperatures was the track & which brand of tires & shore ratings did you find worked best?
2- I see from photo's you had 18t, 19t, & 20t pinions - which did you end up racing with and what was the KV (size) of your motor?
3- Did you use the red springs in your photo, and what weight oil's did you use in your shocks?
4- How about your front & rear differential oils weight, or did you stay with stock grease?

Any detail Romuald on what worked for you would be greatly appreciated = thank you for sharing you're experience so far.

Mark
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

1- What kind of temperatures was the track & which brand of tires & shore ratings did you find worked best?
The temperature was 18° in the air and sunny, 22° on the track. Hobbytech (the sponsor of the challenge) provide to all the racers (nitro and electro) the same set of hard compound (maybee 45°) for a race day.

2- I see from photo's you had 18t, 19t, & 20t pinions - which did you end up racing with and what was the KV (size) of your motor?
My combo is the HobbyWing Xerun 150A with the HobbyWing 2250kV sensored motor. The track has no very long straight so, I can ran the 18t pinion. And regarding the duration, I adapt the controller...

3- Did you use the red springs in your photo, and what weight oil's did you use in your shocks?
Yes, I ran the red springs. The oil was 800cps and 1 hole piston

4- How about your front & rear differential oils weight, or did you stay with stock grease?
I ran silicone grease with a little standart mechanic grease to lubricate the gears. F/C/R = 80k/spool/20k
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can find a clear Ferrari 430GT body? Everywhere i've checked lists them out of stock.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hello from France,

The temperature was 18° in the air and sunny, 22° on the track. Hobbytech (the sponsor of the challenge) provide to all the racers (nitro and electro) the same set of hard compound (maybee 45°) for a race day.

My combo is the HobbyWing Xerun 150A with the HobbyWing 2250kV sensored motor. The track has no very long straight so, I can ran the 18t pinion. And regarding the duration, I adapt the controller...

Yes, I ran the red springs. The oil was 800cps and 1 hole piston

I ran silicone grease with a little standart mechanic grease to lubricate the gears. F/C/R = 80k/spool/20k
Thanks Romuald!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by omalley72
Does anyone know where I can find a clear Ferrari 430GT body? Everywhere i've checked lists them out of stock.
Bill over at IGTHobbies gets this and other bodies in, within a few days of you're ordering, and sends them out to you free shipping.

Great guy to deal with - http://www.igthobbies.com/KYOSHO-KYO...-GT_p_405.html
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hello from France,

Au revoir,

Romuald

That is great Romuald AWESOME.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default first impression

So I got my car all built with a Mamba monster 2200. Rebuilt all diffs and shocks. Went for a run yesterday with 4s 25c batteries. Well with stock gearing it seemed slower than I thought it was going to be. So I took the time to evaluate the handling. With a few ride night adjustments I had it pretty good. Just noticed it was pushing in turns wile under power and would turn great once I let off power.

So off to LHS. Picked up a 18 tooth pinion and motor fan figuring adding 4 teeth will add heat. To help the push wile under power a lowered the drop in the front hoping to keep more weight on the front wheels. Ill let you know how my next parking lot bash goes with these changes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.