Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Reply

Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
  #1171  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 563
Default

Hello from France,

my new car is on the way, the electronics too!!!

Some parts arrived....



Electronics and batteries...





And after some soldering hours....





The chassis and SNR parts are at the post office!!!

Hurry Up....
romuald31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
  #1172  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
snellemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Take it easy with that GensAce battery for the first two cycles. After that have at it. Those are some good batteries for the money.
snellemin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59 PM
  #1173  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 563
Default

Hello from france,

here's my new car!!!




Thank you Steve (SNR Graphite), nice parts and great service.
I think some French guys will order soon...

Au revoir.
romuald31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 PM
  #1174  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, the car looks awesome.
SNR Graphite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
  #1175  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Monteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Grew a pair and put some holes in this Tim Scott work of art.



Monteman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
  #1176  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
Vision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 1,096
Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)
Default

Nice, what tires are those ?
Vision is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
  #1177  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Monteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

some cheapy Dynamite brand Speedworks 1/8 onroad tires.
Monteman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 PM
  #1178  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 563
Default

Hello from France,

yesterday, we raced the third round of the "Rally Game/GT Challenge" in the south-west region.

It was my first race with the GTP2E. And the first battery on sunday morning because I finished building the car on sturday night!!!

We raced 4 rounds of qualifying (7 minutes) and TQed 3 from 4!! With more than a lap!! In comparison, with my qual time I would be 3 in nitro!!

In the afternoon, we raced 3 finals (9 minutes). Due to the duration of the final, I made a lot of setting on my Hobbywing system...

I won 2 from 3 because in the third final, I decided to put more power (timing) and I stopped at 8mn45, out of energy!!!

After that, we raced a "Super Final" mixing the best 5 from nitro and electro.
It was a 6 minutes race because no need to refuel for nitro and Full Power settings for electro!! A real race to compare!!

I started 3 and was first after the second curve.
I won by 12s over the second which was a nitro.
The best was that I set the fastest lap of the track, faster than nitro cars!!!

No problem with the car, very reliable and easy to tune!! Each setting I've done was directly efficient...
The HobbyWing combo was great too.
I will post my set-up soon.

Steve, your products are great...

Au revoir,

Romuald
romuald31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:47 AM
  #1179  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
pcsmaui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Congratulations!

Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

yesterday, we raced the third round of the "Rally Game/GT Challenge" in the south-west region.

It was my first race with the GTP2E. And the first battery on sunday morning because I finished building the car on sturday night!!!

We raced 4 rounds of qualifying (7 minutes) and TQed 3 from 4!! With more than a lap!! In comparison, with my qual time I would be 3 in nitro!!

In the afternoon, we raced 3 finals (9 minutes). Due to the duration of the final, I made a lot of setting on my Hobbywing system...

I won 2 from 3 because in the third final, I decided to put more power (timing) and I stopped at 8mn45, out of energy!!!

After that, we raced a "Super Final" mixing the best 5 from nitro and electro.
It was a 6 minutes race because no need to refuel for nitro and Full Power settings for electro!! A real race to compare!!

I started 3 and was first after the second curve.
I won by 12s over the second which was a nitro.
The best was that I set the fastest lap of the track, faster than nitro cars!!!

No problem with the car, very reliable and easy to tune!! Each setting I've done was directly efficient...
The HobbyWing combo was great too.
I will post my set-up soon.

Steve, your products are great...

Au revoir,

Romuald
Really Great Romuald. If I may I'd like to ask you a few questions, as I'm considering doing something similar (SNR Graphite) with one of my GTP2e's. It would be awesome to know more details about your winning setup.

1- What kind of temperatures was the track & which brand of tires & shore ratings did you find worked best?
2- I see from photo's you had 18t, 19t, & 20t pinions - which did you end up racing with and what was the KV (size) of your motor?
3- Did you use the red springs in your photo, and what weight oil's did you use in your shocks?
4- How about your front & rear differential oils weight, or did you stay with stock grease?

Any detail Romuald on what worked for you would be greatly appreciated = thank you for sharing you're experience so far.

Mark
pcsmaui is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 AM
  #1180  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 563
Default

Hello from France,

1- What kind of temperatures was the track & which brand of tires & shore ratings did you find worked best?
The temperature was 18 in the air and sunny, 22 on the track. Hobbytech (the sponsor of the challenge) provide to all the racers (nitro and electro) the same set of hard compound (maybee 45) for a race day.

2- I see from photo's you had 18t, 19t, & 20t pinions - which did you end up racing with and what was the KV (size) of your motor?
My combo is the HobbyWing Xerun 150A with the HobbyWing 2250kV sensored motor. The track has no very long straight so, I can ran the 18t pinion. And regarding the duration, I adapt the controller...

3- Did you use the red springs in your photo, and what weight oil's did you use in your shocks?
Yes, I ran the red springs. The oil was 800cps and 1 hole piston

4- How about your front & rear differential oils weight, or did you stay with stock grease?
I ran silicone grease with a little standart mechanic grease to lubricate the gears. F/C/R = 80k/spool/20k
romuald31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 PM
  #1181  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know where I can find a clear Ferrari 430GT body? Everywhere i've checked lists them out of stock.
omalley72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
  #1182  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
pcsmaui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

1- What kind of temperatures was the track & which brand of tires & shore ratings did you find worked best?
The temperature was 18 in the air and sunny, 22 on the track. Hobbytech (the sponsor of the challenge) provide to all the racers (nitro and electro) the same set of hard compound (maybee 45) for a race day.

2- I see from photo's you had 18t, 19t, & 20t pinions - which did you end up racing with and what was the KV (size) of your motor?
My combo is the HobbyWing Xerun 150A with the HobbyWing 2250kV sensored motor. The track has no very long straight so, I can ran the 18t pinion. And regarding the duration, I adapt the controller...

3- Did you use the red springs in your photo, and what weight oil's did you use in your shocks?
Yes, I ran the red springs. The oil was 800cps and 1 hole piston

4- How about your front & rear differential oils weight, or did you stay with stock grease?
I ran silicone grease with a little standart mechanic grease to lubricate the gears. F/C/R = 80k/spool/20k
Thanks Romuald!
pcsmaui is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
  #1183  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
pcsmaui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a clear Ferrari 430GT body? Everywhere i've checked lists them out of stock.
Bill over at IGTHobbies gets this and other bodies in, within a few days of you're ordering, and sends them out to you free shipping.

Great guy to deal with - http://www.igthobbies.com/KYOSHO-KYO...-GT_p_405.html
pcsmaui is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
  #1184  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

yesterday, we raced the third round of the "Rally Game/GT Challenge" in the south-west region.

It was my first race with the GTP2E. And the first battery on sunday morning because I finished building the car on sturday night!!!

We raced 4 rounds of qualifying (7 minutes) and TQed 3 from 4!! With more than a lap!! In comparison, with my qual time I would be 3 in nitro!!

In the afternoon, we raced 3 finals (9 minutes). Due to the duration of the final, I made a lot of setting on my Hobbywing system...

I won 2 from 3 because in the third final, I decided to put more power (timing) and I stopped at 8mn45, out of energy!!!

After that, we raced a "Super Final" mixing the best 5 from nitro and electro.
It was a 6 minutes race because no need to refuel for nitro and Full Power settings for electro!! A real race to compare!!

I started 3 and was first after the second curve.
I won by 12s over the second which was a nitro.
The best was that I set the fastest lap of the track, faster than nitro cars!!!

No problem with the car, very reliable and easy to tune!! Each setting I've done was directly efficient...
The HobbyWing combo was great too.
I will post my set-up soon.

Steve, your products are great...

Au revoir,

Romuald


That is great Romuald AWESOME.
SNR Graphite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
  #1185  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (21)
 
tonydig11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pittsburgh pa
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default first impression

So I got my car all built with a Mamba monster 2200. Rebuilt all diffs and shocks. Went for a run yesterday with 4s 25c batteries. Well with stock gearing it seemed slower than I thought it was going to be. So I took the time to evaluate the handling. With a few ride night adjustments I had it pretty good. Just noticed it was pushing in turns wile under power and would turn great once I let off power.

So off to LHS. Picked up a 18 tooth pinion and motor fan figuring adding 4 teeth will add heat. To help the push wile under power a lowered the drop in the front hoping to keep more weight on the front wheels. Ill let you know how my next parking lot bash goes with these changes.
tonydig11 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service