Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cleaning the hard places

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? cleaning the hard places

does anyone know how to clean under the radio and battery box,under the engine,under the fuel tank and in the shocks without taking everything apart?????
Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CEN ENTHUISED
does anyone know how to clean under the radio and battery box,under the engine,under the fuel tank and in the shocks without taking everything apart?????
Yeah, sprinkle with magic dust, say your prayers, click your heels together and say "I think I can, I think I can"................................
Old 09-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Rookie

yeah......thanks for that,anyone else???
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There really is not any other good way but to take it apart.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

ok,thanks. . . . .
Old 09-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CEN ENTHUISED
yeah......thanks for that,anyone else???
I mean, for real --- you had to have been kidding.
Or at least seen it coming and been aware that somebody was going to laugh.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cracka
I mean, for real --- you had to have been kidding.
Or at least seen it coming and been aware that somebody was going to laugh.
Cracka, if you look at his name you see it says "tech rookie" which means he may not automatically know the ins and outs that the more experience guys knows, so it's a legit question. Part of growing this hobby is helping the lesser experience guys by sharing knowledge. So in other words, grow up and stop being a piece of male genatalia.

CEN ENTHUISED, there really is no other way than disassembly to properly clean your rig. If you have a air compressor, Home depot sells a pneumatic engine cleaner gun that acts as a mini pressure washer and you can lather your buggy in Simple Green or Dow Scrubbing Bubbles, let it sit for 3 min and then rinse with the gun. Even baked on Georgia Red Clay falls right off. After you rinse, drown your buggy in WD-40 to displace any moisture, especially where there are bearings and metal ball connectors. Hope this helps.

See how it works Cracka? Now that wasn't so hard.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default cleaning gum

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=1185
Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Is this stuff reusuable? It's an awful small jar and at $14 bucks kinda pricey.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah I would go with an air compressor, thats what I use and its probably the only way you're going to get it clean without really taking it apart. tooth brush sometimes helps but can be time consuming. maybe get one of the smaller Co2 tanks for paint ball and figure out a way to attach an air nozzle to it, it would be portable, refillable and easy to move around, alot cheaper too. I may have to try that myself.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by El Tigre
Cracka, if you look at his name you see it says "tech rookie" which means he may not automatically know the ins and outs that the more experience guys knows, so it's a legit question. Part of growing this hobby is helping the lesser experience guys by sharing knowledge. So in other words, grow up and stop being a piece of male genatalia.

CEN ENTHUISED, there really is no other way than disassembly to properly clean your rig. If you have a air compressor, Home depot sells a pneumatic engine cleaner gun that acts as a mini pressure washer and you can lather your buggy in Simple Green or Dow Scrubbing Bubbles, let it sit for 3 min and then rinse with the gun. Even baked on Georgia Red Clay falls right off. After you rinse, drown your buggy in WD-40 to displace any moisture, especially where there are bearings and metal ball connectors. Hope this helps.

See how it works Cracka? Now that wasn't so hard.
I guess all you Tech Rookies pay attention to that sort of stuff.

BTW --- just for you rookies --- it ain't too smart to be blowing scrubbing bubble or simple green or stuff into your bearings and other creavices with compressed air. All the WD-40 on the planet isn't going to displace it.

Nope, that wasn't so hard at all latigre. <<<rollseyes>>>
Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I use compressed air, blow gun with a narrow steel tube
and a bunch of different size cheap paint brushes. Also
we coat everything with WD40 before running in the mud.
Remember, only the shelf queen off-road rc's never get
dirty.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

BTW --- just for you rookies --- it ain't too smart to be blowing scrubbing bubble or simple green or stuff into your bearings and other creavices with compressed air. All the WD-40 on the planet isn't going to displace it.

ill 2nd that.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the only "right" way is take it apart. But these work great for getting into all the nooks and cranys.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=90631
Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

I guess all you Tech Rookies pay attention to that sort of stuff.

Nope, that wasn't so hard at all latigre. <<<rollseyes>>>
Good man Cracka, now you're contributing input and being more useful to the forum despite your over abundance of sarcasm and under abundance of home training (your parents must be proud).

Anywho, I agree with you that WD-40 doesn't displace 100% of the moisture however if you race often, then the damage from grit and dirt in your bearings not being removed is greater than a smigen of moisture that will evaporate as soon as your bearings heat up during racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.