Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cant wait to run mine...
Attached Thumbnails Pro10 Class-formulapro10-02sml.jpg   Pro10 Class-newtoplogo.gif  
Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was my impression that this class was going to be the following (from talking with manufacturs):

-200mm
-Sedan width tires (foam, but with the option of rubber)
-GT bodies
-Power TBD

It was designed to be a viable racing class, cheaper than sedan and less fickle than 12th scale with more interesting bodies, not stylized prototypes like 12th scale and not standard sedans, but not a crazy realisitic HPI or Tamiya style body that doesnt work on the track. And the idea was not to have 1000 iterations of the class just one power combo to start out with, maybe two (stock and mod or something to that affect)?

What were other people expecting this to be?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

There is no benefit to changing tire size if we already have tires that work. It wouldn't cost any less than what is already out there. If we stick with what's already in production, prices will come down. =) - remember the oval guys already run these tires too.

But yes, the class will be 200mm, GT bodies. chassis will accomodate 4cell for now and if everyone is thinking ahead will progress to lipo without the need to swap the entire chassis out. a few extra screw holes now won't hurt if all you need to do is buy a few battery retaining pieces later. Stop worrying about motors guys. If the euros want to run a 10.5 class or a 3.5 class, they'll get together and do it. If the guys at trackside want to run a 17.5 class, they'll get together and do it. The guys in florida will figure out what works here as well. When it comes to National events, we'll worry about it next year as its probably too late to toss this into the heap this year.
Lipo will be coming - they're already fitting apogee helicopter packs into the 12th scales.

chill guys... - you can get riled up when i'm putting the chrome horn on ya in the turn.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by daleepp
I'm planning on a few changes to this C6-R Corvette mold to optimise it for pan car use - then re-introduce it to the market.
I've been hearing from a few "insider" sources that the GT style (Vettes, Vipers, Aston Martins, and other front engine car styles) bodies are going to make it an interesting class. Your thoughts?

Dale - Protoform Race Bodies
Dude! You are so on the right track. Having bodies based production GT cars will be a huge plus.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beavis353
Cant wait to run mine...
Cool deal. Im glad to see bruce is about ready. keep us posted on your testing and what is working well for you guys. So far for asphalt racing i am finding 2x pink front and rears to be a great all around tire for this class.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by stormperson
It was my impression that this class was going to be the following (from talking with manufacturs):

-200mm
-Sedan width tires (foam, but with the option of rubber)
-GT bodies
-Power TBD

It was designed to be a viable racing class, cheaper than sedan and less fickle than 12th scale with more interesting bodies, not stylized prototypes like 12th scale and not standard sedans, but not a crazy realisitic HPI or Tamiya style body that doesnt work on the track. And the idea was not to have 1000 iterations of the class just one power combo to start out with, maybe two (stock and mod or something to that affect)?

What were other people expecting this to be?

We all figured that we would go 200mm with 4 cell 10.5 for a start and GT bodies. standard 1/10th pan car tires would be fine but im sure that things will progress in that area soon. The cars can fit lipo but we werent looking to base the design around it. We will cross that road when we get there.

The GT bodies was a nice touch and that was actually something frank from CRC threw out there and we all liked the idea. These cars handle awesome without bodies so they will not suffer from GT bodies. We want to be able to run bodies that are realistic such as the one dale posted. People can relate to them and some have the real versions so it makes it that much more fun. There are a ton of different bodies out there that will fit these cars. We just dont want to see it turn into the "body to have" style of racing. They should all run very similar with minimal advantages so you can run the body you like and still be competitive.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Dale please make one of these...I know you can make one better than this one. Or maybe design an E92 M3 body.

Last edited by Apex; 02-15-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by protc3
Another problem i have is the distance the cars are going away from there 1/12th siblings. The cost is just too high. For me to release a car i want to be competetive with the competition and if we all kept them closer to our 1/12th's, the price could have been better. I feel that there is just no direction anymore. We all spoke about this at the snowbirds. We were all looking for the same thing then. I am just going to wait this out and see where it is going. Im going to hold off on the project until i can see if it is worthwhile for me to get involved. I would love nothing more than to see this class work but at this point i am just not sure.
JUST NOT TRUE! After discussing this thread with Frank, I feel there needs to be some clarification on this thread. He will construct a reply when he is back in town.

First of all, CRC's GenX 10 takes many of the same parts as the Gen X. This was also true for the Pantoura, Franks original 10th scale. It was based off the Carpet Knife 3.2. As far as some major discussion at the Snowbirds, well if there was, CRC was not part of this. The 10th was done and on display at that time.

The inference I get from reading through this thread is that this was some sort of "joint effort" among 12th manufacturer's and I feel that is VERY misleading to the consumer. Frank has been in this hobby for 22 years and CRC has been in business for 15 years. The staff is made up of seasoned racers who are very committed the hobby, and work hard daily at customer satisfaction as well as quality control.

While there may be casual discussions between other manufacturers and CRC, I have never known Frank to enter any joint-contracts or "agreements" on design or development. He is a degreed engineer and has complete control and confidence in anything that goes to production. The only people that have had input on this latest release was the company staff.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Lord

deleted post. Im just gonna let this one go.

Last edited by protc3; 02-15-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 AM
Tech Initiate

235mm pan car has died and is not coming back. If you want to run 235mm then you will need to run the CRC car with the conversion. AE,Myself,Speedmerchant,CEFX,Hyperdrive and others are making them
200mm. The plan was not to bring back 235mm pan cars. 200mm run extremely well and do not sacrifice anything. 235mm cars are too big for indoor carpet and most outdoor tracks. Bodies are limited for 235mm and plentiful for 200mm. We need to keep a standard like they did in TC nitro and electric. If this class is going to work it needs rules and most of the manufacturers will keep to the same specs. In order for this class to happen, 1 manufacturer can not make it work by themselves. We need all of them to support the effort to bring credibility to the class. Right now everyone is in the developement stages. Once they all are finished, they will all be made to run to the same specs. If they have added adjustment for wheelbase or track width,well, you paid for an adjustment you really wont use. Its cool that CRC made a car as adjustable as it is. I just would have liked to see the design stay more focused on the direction that the class is hopefully going.

The 235 option IS wanted in Europe.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow,This is typical. Look, We have all been in contact with eachother to do what we all thought was a good thing for the hobby. This was not a toot your horn thing for any of the manufacturers. I never asked about franks backround,hobby experience or any of that. We wanted to all agree on a class and do cars to the same specs. If you like i can dig up the email sent to him if you are in disbelief.

No one said that we developed franks car for him. He obviosly did that on his own. Most of us all had our cars or prototypes completed at the snowbirds. This conversation took place before the snowbirds and we touched base there.

If you guys want to get bent about it,whatever. I just dont see where you are going with this. If you want us to all think that frank created man, its not going to happen. Lets not start a big thing about all of this because it will do nothing but hurt the class and keep it from taking off.
Wow, who's bent out of shape! Sorry, you need some sort of help that I'm not qualified to offer.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Lord

if you would like to have a adult discussion on the matter i would see PM as a much more appropriate alternative that posting here. Alot more can get ironed out and understood out of the public eye. I dont want to insult you or your husband over toy cars so if you have any problems please PM me and we can settle them.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mrs. CRC
Wow, who's bent out of shape! Sorry, you need some sort of help that I'm not qualified to offer.
After meeting Frank last year at Nationals. I left unimpressed with his knowledge and lack of concern of products under his label. After reading you last few post I can see where he gets his inspiration.

A joint effort at re-invigorating the hobby such as this seemed to be a good idea. Sorry Frank has no desire to be a part of it.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mrs. CRC
The 235 option IS wanted in Europe.
We need to have all of the manufacturers support the class to make it happen. If 1 or 2 do it then it just will not take off. Credibility of the class will come from the support it gets from the manufacturers.

We are all in it to sell product and offer the best products we can. But if we go in by ourselves with no support from other companies, we are just cutting off our noses to spite our face. The class will have no credibility if a class has only 1 car to offer. This is why we have been trying to all stick together on this. Frank seemed very understanding of this matter and also offered his input on body type. We went with that also.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by miller tyme
After meeting Frank last year at Nationals. I left unimpressed with his knowledge and lack of concern of products under his label. After reading you last few post I can see where he gets his inspiration.

A joint effort at re-invigorating the hobby such as this seemed to be a good idea. Sorry Frank has no desire to be a part of it.
Sorry you feel this way. No one is trying to impress you, believe me. Once again NOT TRUE. His concern of products under his label is evident to his customers and responsible for his committment to his products through continual R&D to not only release new product, but upgrades to present ones.
If he didn't want to "re-invigorate" the hobby, he wouldn't have spent the money, time or effort on the GenX 10!
My original post was to address the fact that there were inferences of some sort of "pact" between manufacturers that CRC broke. This is not true. Yes, there was an email, but that was the extent of it. I wanted to clear up the misconception that there was some formal "discussion" at the Snowbirds. There may have been one, however, CRC was not part of it.
No matter what spin anyone wants to put on this, each manufacturer has the right to develop and market any product they see fit. It is, in fact, up to the consumer as to what to buy, and I have every confidence that our customers are smart enough to decide which is right for them.
As far as Frank's "inspiration", he gets that from his love of the hobby. You can insult him or me all day long, it won't change that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.