Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Fuel On-Road Nationals at G.L.A.R.C.R.C. Sepember 11-15

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
That's funny!! small world, I live off of Jefferson on Chesapeake Ave. 2 blocks from Dorsey High School (GO DORSEY DONS!!)
My family used to live about 2 blocks from 6th Avenue Elementary. We moved from LA to the deep South (Mississippi) in the early 1970s (telling my age). It will be good to swing by and see the old neighborhood and how much is has changed over the decades (my last visit there was 2005).
Old 02-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know I would like to make Airline and Hotel reservations . Will the the track be open on Sept. 9th and/or 10th for practice.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluer322
Anyone know I would like to make Airline and Hotel reservations . Will the the track be open on Sept. 9th and/or 10th for practice.
Track will be open on Wednesday September 11th. I believe it will be setup on Sepember 10th at night. So it will be closed on the 9th and 10th.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Walter,

I'm from Manila Philippines and I plan to join the race in September.

Can u please tell us all the fees that have to be paid for the race?

Do I have to sign up for a membership to join the race?

Any hidden charges?

I will apply for a tourist visa for this race so I figured the visa interviewer here in the US embassy will want to see a letter from the organizers saying that I'm invited to this race,can this be arranged?i can give u my email address.

Are there other requirements I need in order to join this race?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The first thing you need to do is become a member of ROAR, after that you need to keep an eye on this thread for the announcement of the Sign up opening date. Theres a limit of 150 racers for our nationals, I believe the Nationals Sign Up fee is $75 per class(can somebody confirm?)
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GPXJOE
Hi Walter,

I'm from Manila Philippines and I plan to join the race in September.

Can u please tell us all the fees that have to be paid for the race?

Do I have to sign up for a membership to join the race?

Any hidden charges?

I will apply for a tourist visa for this race so I figured the visa interviewer here in the US embassy will want to see a letter from the organizers saying that I'm invited to this race,can this be arranged?i can give u my email address.

Are there other requirements I need in order to join this race?
Originally Posted by nitrodude
The first thing you need to do is become a member of ROAR, after that you need to keep an eye on this thread for the announcement of the Sign up opening date. Theres a limit of 150 racers for our nationals, I believe the Nationals Sign Up fee is $75 per class(can somebody confirm?)

Along with needing to be a ROAR member as Nitrodude pointed out I believe you need to live in the US for atleast a year to even sign up for ROAR. After Hara won 4 or 5 Roar nationals I believe it was changed.

But I could be wrong so you might want to talk with ROAR.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

any idea on weight limit for 1/10 sedan and 1/8.

can wait for this one...first time to race Nationals.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
any idea on weight limit for 1/10 sedan and 1/8.

can wait for this one...first time to race Nationals.
+1
Sure would be nice if ROAR would announce the official weight limits.

Pass you soon...
Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

according to the administrator, i am ineligible to join the race SINCE I HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED 1 YEAR RESIDENCY IN THE USA. i just wana race.

Members who are not US or Canadian citizens wishing to compete in National Championships must (present permanent resident visas) have been resident in the USA or Canada for at least 12 months prior to the event. Proof of residency may be required. In the case of a member too young to be issued a driver’s license, this proof must be based on the driver's license or identity document of the member's legal guardian.

this is just terrible. so how can we know that the best drivers are in the Amain final???get the picture???

its as simple as that.

i just wana race. its too bad that for EVERYONE that this rule is there.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

according to the administrator, i am ineligible to join the race SINCE I HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED 1 YEAR RESIDENCY IN THE USA. i just wana race.

Members who are not US or Canadian citizens wishing to compete in National Championships must (present permanent resident visas) have been resident in the USA or Canada for at least 12 months prior to the event. Proof of residency may be required. In the case of a member too young to be issued a driver’s license, this proof must be based on the driver's license or identity document of the member's legal guardian.

this is just terrible. so how can we know that the best drivers are in the Amain final???get the picture???

its as simple as that.

i just wana race. its too bad that for EVERYONE that this rule is there.
This is the USA Nationals, it has nothing to with the rest of the world. Im sure your country has a nationa race as well. Why dont you come to another race at GLARCRC. We have the Airtronics Championships in March and the KoPropo GP in may, we also the the Toys for Tots race in november.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrodude
This is the USA Nationals, it has nothing to with the rest of the world. Im sure your country has a nationa race as well. Why dont you come to another race at GLARCRC. We have the Airtronics Championships in March and the KoPropo GP in may, we also the the Toys for Tots race in november.
hi nitrodude,

thank you very much for your recommendation. i will definitely consider the Ko Propo race! It's a relief that I can race this one. oh now im more enlightened, i did not know that when the race is a "nationals" race, it's just for residents. in my country, all nationalities are welcome.but I guess there are alot of racers there in the USA that ROAR will probably have to manage to accommodate.

oh well thats life!

will seriously consider Ko Propo race at May!thanks!im pretty sure there will be a good attendance there too as well. i just wana test myself on how good i actually can be or how much i suck in touringcar. going international races i believe will tell me how il fair

Last edited by GPXJOE; 03-02-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: wana add some impt stuff tnx
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

hi nitrodude,

thank you very much for your recommendation. i will definitely consider the Ko Propo race! It's a relief that I can race this one. oh now im more enlightened, i did not know that when the race is a "nationals" race, it's just for residents. in my country, all nationalities are welcome.but I guess there are alot of racers there in the USA that ROAR will probably have to manage to accommodate.

oh well thats life!

will seriously consider Ko Propo race at May!thanks!im pretty sure there will be a good attendance there too as well. i just wana test myself on how good i actually can be or how much i suck in touringcar. going international races i believe will tell me how il fair
All nationalities are welcomed, but you have to be living in the USA for a year, doesnt matter where you were borned. Im from Argentina and Im alowed to race, but Ive been here for 22 years. Nationals are restricted to 150 drivers.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does any know what the schedule is going to look like as far as practice time and race times? Trying to schedule my time off for the race and if the first couple of days are going to be practice, might have to miss one just for travel (pesky work schedule, you know).
Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

opp's.......
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Airline ticket done

Be in LA Tuesday by noon

See Ya At the track

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.