R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilli2001us View Post
That's funny!! small world, I live off of Jefferson on Chesapeake Ave. 2 blocks from Dorsey High School (GO DORSEY DONS!!)
My family used to live about 2 blocks from 6th Avenue Elementary. We moved from LA to the deep South (Mississippi) in the early 1970s (telling my age). It will be good to swing by and see the old neighborhood and how much is has changed over the decades (my last visit there was 2005).
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #32
Tech Addict
 
bluer322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know I would like to make Airline and Hotel reservations . Will the the track be open on Sept. 9th and/or 10th for practice.
__________________
T. Nicholson
Murnan Modified Motors
Matrix Tires
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #33
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer322 View Post
Anyone know I would like to make Airline and Hotel reservations . Will the the track be open on Sept. 9th and/or 10th for practice.
Track will be open on Wednesday September 11th. I believe it will be setup on Sepember 10th at night. So it will be closed on the 9th and 10th.
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Walter,

I'm from Manila Philippines and I plan to join the race in September.

Can u please tell us all the fees that have to be paid for the race?

Do I have to sign up for a membership to join the race?

Any hidden charges?

I will apply for a tourist visa for this race so I figured the visa interviewer here in the US embassy will want to see a letter from the organizers saying that I'm invited to this race,can this be arranged?i can give u my email address.

Are there other requirements I need in order to join this race?
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #35
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The first thing you need to do is become a member of ROAR, after that you need to keep an eye on this thread for the announcement of the Sign up opening date. Theres a limit of 150 racers for our nationals, I believe the Nationals Sign Up fee is $75 per class(can somebody confirm?)
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Hi Walter,

I'm from Manila Philippines and I plan to join the race in September.

Can u please tell us all the fees that have to be paid for the race?

Do I have to sign up for a membership to join the race?

Any hidden charges?

I will apply for a tourist visa for this race so I figured the visa interviewer here in the US embassy will want to see a letter from the organizers saying that I'm invited to this race,can this be arranged?i can give u my email address.

Are there other requirements I need in order to join this race?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
The first thing you need to do is become a member of ROAR, after that you need to keep an eye on this thread for the announcement of the Sign up opening date. Theres a limit of 150 racers for our nationals, I believe the Nationals Sign Up fee is $75 per class(can somebody confirm?)

Along with needing to be a ROAR member as Nitrodude pointed out I believe you need to live in the US for atleast a year to even sign up for ROAR. After Hara won 4 or 5 Roar nationals I believe it was changed.

But I could be wrong so you might want to talk with ROAR.
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
pinoy69racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,622
Trader Rating: 180 (99%+)
Default

any idea on weight limit for 1/10 sedan and 1/8.

can wait for this one...first time to race Nationals.
__________________
HENRY C
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESOTO RACING/SERPENT/VEYTREX DESIGN LAB/RC TARGET
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #38
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy69racer View Post
any idea on weight limit for 1/10 sedan and 1/8.

can wait for this one...first time to race Nationals.
+1
Sure would be nice if ROAR would announce the official weight limits.


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #39
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

according to the administrator, i am ineligible to join the race SINCE I HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED 1 YEAR RESIDENCY IN THE USA. i just wana race.

Members who are not US or Canadian citizens wishing to compete in National Championships must (present permanent resident visas) have been resident in the USA or Canada for at least 12 months prior to the event. Proof of residency may be required. In the case of a member too young to be issued a driver’s license, this proof must be based on the driver's license or identity document of the member's legal guardian.

this is just terrible. so how can we know that the best drivers are in the Amain final???get the picture???

its as simple as that.

i just wana race. its too bad that for EVERYONE that this rule is there.
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #40
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
according to the administrator, i am ineligible to join the race SINCE I HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED 1 YEAR RESIDENCY IN THE USA. i just wana race.

Members who are not US or Canadian citizens wishing to compete in National Championships must (present permanent resident visas) have been resident in the USA or Canada for at least 12 months prior to the event. Proof of residency may be required. In the case of a member too young to be issued a driverís license, this proof must be based on the driver's license or identity document of the member's legal guardian.

this is just terrible. so how can we know that the best drivers are in the Amain final???get the picture???

its as simple as that.

i just wana race. its too bad that for EVERYONE that this rule is there.
This is the USA Nationals, it has nothing to with the rest of the world. Im sure your country has a nationa race as well. Why dont you come to another race at GLARCRC. We have the Airtronics Championships in March and the KoPropo GP in may, we also the the Toys for Tots race in november.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #41
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
This is the USA Nationals, it has nothing to with the rest of the world. Im sure your country has a nationa race as well. Why dont you come to another race at GLARCRC. We have the Airtronics Championships in March and the KoPropo GP in may, we also the the Toys for Tots race in november.
hi nitrodude,

thank you very much for your recommendation. i will definitely consider the Ko Propo race! It's a relief that I can race this one. oh now im more enlightened, i did not know that when the race is a "nationals" race, it's just for residents. in my country, all nationalities are welcome.but I guess there are alot of racers there in the USA that ROAR will probably have to manage to accommodate.

oh well thats life!

will seriously consider Ko Propo race at May!thanks!im pretty sure there will be a good attendance there too as well. i just wana test myself on how good i actually can be or how much i suck in touringcar. going international races i believe will tell me how il fair
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed

Last edited by GPXJOE; 03-02-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: wana add some impt stuff tnx
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #42
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
hi nitrodude,

thank you very much for your recommendation. i will definitely consider the Ko Propo race! It's a relief that I can race this one. oh now im more enlightened, i did not know that when the race is a "nationals" race, it's just for residents. in my country, all nationalities are welcome.but I guess there are alot of racers there in the USA that ROAR will probably have to manage to accommodate.

oh well thats life!

will seriously consider Ko Propo race at May!thanks!im pretty sure there will be a good attendance there too as well. i just wana test myself on how good i actually can be or how much i suck in touringcar. going international races i believe will tell me how il fair
All nationalities are welcomed, but you have to be living in the USA for a year, doesnt matter where you were borned. Im from Argentina and Im alowed to race, but Ive been here for 22 years. Nationals are restricted to 150 drivers.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Does any know what the schedule is going to look like as far as practice time and race times? Trying to schedule my time off for the race and if the first couple of days are going to be practice, might have to miss one just for travel (pesky work schedule, you know).
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #44
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

opp's.......
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #45
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FORT MYERS,FLORIDA
Posts: 1,777
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Airline ticket done

Be in LA Tuesday by noon

See Ya At the track

Jim
__________________
DESOTO RACING--SERPENT-977 EVO- 2010/2017 FORGASS -PRES.
RED CUP RACING - -BYRONS FUEL -NUGGETS RACING- RC AMERICA
PICCO RACING ENGINES - SANWA RADIOS - - -http://winternats.blogspot.com
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net