Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moy
how much in dollars?
The exchange rate changes each day. It has recently been between roughly $111 to $113 per 1000 yen.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moy
what size of motor can you put on the spada? how much is the motor and do you have it in stock?tnx
The car comes with a .09 Sirio engine that has the motor mount intigrated in the motor case. You could change the motor... but the stock motor is pretty good. I have 'cleaned up' the carb, the transfer and exhaust ports and a few other things. It runs strong in stock form though.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last week, the cost of having a Spada shipped to the states was around $285(kit + shipping). Guess you will have to pick a day, lock in the order in order to get the price set.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got time to work on my Spada!! This is how far I got last night. Only real issue so far is attaching the roll bar to the radio tray. Since the carbon tray is much thinner than the plastic one, the screws are too long.

While not an issue, I kind of hope that Kyosho comes out with alloy steering arms, I can't say I am a fan of the kingpins threading into plastic. Seems like the bottom pins could easily come loose.

All in all I am very happy, and the carbon looks sweeeeet!!

Greg

Last edited by gregmuri; 10-09-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gregmuri
Finally got time to work on my Spada!! This is how far I got last night. Only real issue so far is attaching the roll bar to the radio tray. Since the carbon tray is much thinner than the plastic one, the screws are too long.

While not an issue, I kind of hope that Kyosho comes out with alloy steering arms, I can't say I am a fan of the kingpins threading into plastic. Seems like the bottom pins could easily come loose.

All in all I am very happy, and the carbon looks sweeeeet!!

Greg

....looks sweet............DARN IT KYOSHO......WOULD YOU PLEASE IMPORT THIS THING..................
Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

What's that tiny white thing sitting on the chassis....

...oh.... and is that a speck of lint on your operating room table..... there is the difference.... my build-up photo raises the question 'where is the clean spot' and your's says quite the opposite....

Nice work area.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 10-30-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: addition
Old 10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Another fine example of customer service from Ivan at Rainbow. Shipped Sunday... arrive in the mail on Wednesday. I can't wait to get the Porsche body painted and mounted.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Another fine example of customer service from Ivan at Rainbow. Shipped Sunday... arrive in the mail on Wednesday. I can't wait to get the Porsche body painted and mounted.
How much was the total cost to you?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Taylorm
....looks sweet............DARN IT KYOSHO......WOULD YOU PLEASE IMPORT THIS THING..................
Fat chance that this will happen. This is another "we know what you want to buy in America" stance that many businesses take when it comes to the American market. If you don't believe me, look at the cool-looking Hondas, Kias, Fords, Nissans, GM cars, etc. that are offered around the world and the crap that is sold in the states!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not sure how to answer your question. I have had the car for two months. This order was for misc parts.... Probably paid $180 or so... but that was for two orders of parts... the Honest carbon fiber parts was one order and the Porsche body, hard compound tires and taller gears was the second order and they were both shipped together.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
I'm not sure how to answer your question. I have had the car for two months. This order was for misc parts.... Probably paid $180 or so... but that was for two orders of parts... the Honest carbon fiber parts was one order and the Porsche body, hard compound tires and taller gears was the second order and they were both shipped together.
How much did you pay for the car kit + shipping when you ordered it? I know that the cost change daily due to the exchange rate but it would give me an idea about how much I expect to spend.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

The stock tank is quite ridiculous. Why they could not have come up with something a little bigger is beyond me!! Originally mounted it because I was waiting for my carbon sheet to make a custom radio tray. It arrived today so that stupid tiny thing is coming off!!!!!!!!!

Kyosho America is absolutely clueless in my opinion. Did Rich ever get any information out of them, that was quite a while ago now. I once owned quite a few different Kyosho products. Now they are lucky the Spada is so darn cool or I wouldn't even own one. I have ZERO local availability of Kyosho anything so I guess it is good that Ivan and RC Rainbow are so helpful!!

Jlock.....just take the kit price and shipping cost in YEN (both have been posted by Ivan multiple times), go to Google and search for "currency conversion", pick the xe.com site, type in the amount in YEN, choose your local currency and BAM you get your total price! All the prices are on the RC Rainbow site so you can even pick any option or replacement parts and know the total cost including them.

Zoot, where did you get your carbon sheet? I ordered from Aerospace Composite Products. Lets just say it was a real rip off. Not remotely the quality I had hoped for, doesn't even match the description on their web site. Woven surface but not at all glossy.

Last edited by gregmuri; 10-31-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello guys
I got the Alloy rear axle today, It is pretty light. It looks like it weghs under 10 grams.The stock one weight around 30 grams.
Im just using the scale i use to ship boxes with so its not the best scale but you can see some where around 20 grams lighter than the stock piece.
Also Kyosho has posted some more options parts today on the English website
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/newparts.html
Mainy wheels and tires but a few other things like the throttle lever,and body mounts. There is also a tuned engined coming out that is tuned by a Famous engine tuner here in Japan, There price will be a little high ata around 20000 Yen. Twice the price of the stock engine,I dont have that many details about it but the Uriah guy has some tuned engines at a lower price.

One thing about small the small tank that i was told about my friend that works at Kyosho is it has something to do with race length here in Japan. My friend isnt the inside guy but just a low man at the Kyosho web shop. I guess it makes since but longer run time is one of the reason people drive nitro cars.

I now i have to get gregmuri an invoice.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Greg,

Try these people:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgraphite-girl

This is where I got my sheet and it is exactly what was listed...
Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Ivan... you must run real short races there in Japan... I mean... with the stock tank you probably get three to three and a half minutes of clean running before the engine starts to lean ping....

The my Losi tank conversion may be overkill.... but, when I am still running 15 minutes later.... too cool...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.