Time for the body and paint!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Protoform Dodge Stratus 3.1 body
Old 03-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Ok after the runaway on saturday and a lost seeting arm, i did encounter a few broken parts!

it didnt really effect the cars handling as it was just bumper support section!

Thou new k-Factory parts are requires as they stock G4S parts are differant due to the new front bulk head!

Also you will see the front belt twin pulley holder is cracked from saturday's impact, i glued this back on but will be getting a new one to be safe "we dont want anymore damage....!

And also a picture to show my ED trans gearing side on the bell "Pinions and gears look new after 2 days of prac and racing!!!

cheers Frankie
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-kfactory-084.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-086.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-087.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-092.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-093.jpg  

Old 03-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wayne1one

Protoform Dodge Stratus 3.1 body

i must say, nice work there bro, keep it coming cant wait for final results
Old 03-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow how fats were you going when you hit the wall? I thought G4S plastic was stronger
Old 03-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
wow how fats were you going when you hit the wall? I thought G4S plastic was stronger

lets just say saturday she went into a meshed feshed at full speed with a nice runup and bang!

i broke the front belt pulley holder, but i recon there was a stress fracture at the front that i did not see!

then sunday as i was come flat around the corner the streering arm let go and BANG, then BANG again and in the pits it came back to screwed the arm back on and off i went, it was only till after Heat 2 that i noticed the damaged!

it was ok to race, as it was only effecting the cars body post and front bumper bar, lucky for me, i kept it clean tiday for Finals B and weel clear of all in the Mains Final A

All good, the car is stripped, parts ready to order and be back again!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

motor is stripped for inspection after 3.5 litres and seems all good, no play in conrod, the sucker looks strong!

i am no expert in motors, so the ones that understand the look and colours of engine components let me know if she is good?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-kfactory-096.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-099.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-103.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-105.jpg   Team Magic G4-kfactory-114.jpg  

Old 03-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Guys,

Ok after the runaway on saturday and a lost seeting arm, i did encounter a few broken parts!

it didnt really effect the cars handling as it was just bumper support section!

Thou new k-Factory parts are requires as they stock G4S parts are differant due to the new front bulk head!

Also you will see the front belt twin pulley holder is cracked from saturday's impact, i glued this back on but will be getting a new one to be safe "we dont want anymore damage....!

And also a picture to show my ED trans gearing side on the bell "Pinions and gears look new after 2 days of prac and racing!!!

cheers Frankie
yo bro, saw ur front bulkhead cracked off. hmm, thats the new speed shot bulkhead system. wats K-factory doing on their new products. think they shd do a quality control.

as for the middle mount, time for you to change the K14120 Lightweight Aluminum Middle Belt Mount. keke.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
motor is stripped for inspection after 3.5 litres and seems all good, no play in conrod, the sucker looks strong!

i am no expert in motors, so the ones that understand the look and colours of engine components let me know if she is good?

Cheers
Doesn't look too bad. Looks as though it was ran hot once. Probably that runaway, and it not blowing was a small miracle. I would try and clean the carbon (black stuff) off of piston and head button with fuel or rubbing alcohol. You probably won't be able to get it totally clean as this carbon can be stuborn. Looks good though for a rookie tuning a nitro engine. Good job dude. Patience in the tuning department pays off. And so does have an OS engine! SWEET!!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by uniquexme
yo bro, saw ur front bulkhead cracked off. hmm, thats the new speed shot bulkhead system. wats K-factory doing on their new products. think they shd do a quality control.

as for the middle mount, time for you to change the K14120 Lightweight Aluminum Middle Belt Mount. keke.
Good call on the aluminum bro!!!! Hear that Frankie?!?!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme

starting to wonder about Kfactory and their concept of Light Weight.
light is good, but when does the light weight have an effect on the durability of the product we spend our hard earned cash on. seems so many new products have flaws or just not strong enough
Old 03-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I should be done with this paint job, but took a 4 hour nap. BUM!!!!! I went to lay down after I noticed that I was missing one part to one of my airbrushes. The "nut" that holds the needle tight. Anyway, no luck finding it so I will use my other airbrushes. Anyway here is stage 1, or should I say stage 4 eitherway, I'm ready to lay some paint. Here is a few pics guys. Will keep you posted. I think I'm going to go with purple to bright pink! Just for you Frankie!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-002.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-004.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-006.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-007.jpg  

Old 03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
starting to wonder about Kfactory and their concept of Light Weight.
light is good, but when does the light weight have an effect on the durability of the product we spend our hard earned cash on. seems so many new products have flaws or just not strong enough
well, this middle mount is very durable, so dun worry, can safely go buy it. haha, coz i have 1, used for 6mths, condition still good. BUT, pls take caution of your allen screw, coz mine last time, my allen key tip is not that good, end up screw got stuck on the middle mount. Spend few hours removing that stupid screw out of it by drilling the head till it broke off, then bang on it for it to come out. its indeed very hard, coz i use a screw driver and hammer to bang on it.

I heard u guys changing the K14100 ST Steel 2 Speed Shoe Cam (w/special treatment), may i know wats good about it in terms of performance? keke, planning to buy.

Another damage on most G4S car is the rear belt tensioner, coz after some time, the screw will loose its way, protruding out of the chassis, thereby loosening the belt tension, i was wondering if K14119 Aluminum Rear Belt Tensioner Mount (G4S) will fix that problem, BUT its not cheap.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What do you think serpentd?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Hey All,

It's good to hear all of your exploits over the weekend. Sorry to hear some had brocken but I guess that'll happen sometimes. I broke the servo-saver on mine. Clipped the board, getting a little too close

Very hard to steer after that! Had enough of a cusion for second place not to catch me though

Hey Serpentd,
Do you mask off each area you've outlined on your body or will some of those lines be faded? Dumb qustion I know but I never used an airbrush so I'm not sure what they are capable of doing.

Regards to all,

Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.