Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

OZ - At least you were standing there at 68.....Most of us in here...well I speak for myself here....have never even been close to that number....Well maybe on the front 9 !!!.....Thas still awesome bro !!!.....

-EG
Old 05-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
how much is shipping?
Look at the Pro_match website and get the phone number and call Erika directly if you want voice confirmation or send them an email with your address and ask the same question and someone will reply to you.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

jjmudd - I played some Junior hockey around your way in the day....Saskatoon Blades in the WHL....Good times.....Played in the "Hat" once against the Tigers......Didnt play there long....Traded to the Sinbad Sailors in Wasila Alaska in the WSHL Jr. B.....Didt know if you followed much puck or not....L8

-EG
Old 05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
how much is shipping?
I think your question is about shipping on your order??? Call PMRGirl (Erika) at Pro Match. We can't calculate your shipping charges here. Thanks! (928-855-2226)
Old 05-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Got three packs delivered last week. They seem to work great, with one exception. I had Promatch assemble and they do not fit into my XXX-S G+. The first cell in the lineup sits fine, but they miss a little bit more as you go down the line in the tray. This makes it almost impossible to put the graphite strap down on the cells. Anyone else having this problem?

Talked with Promatch and they thought it could be the extra wrap they put on over the labels.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

I have found that it will fit better if they do not use shoe goo. Seems the are too tightly grouped when shoegoo is used.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

They fit in my Losi fine but I don't have the graphite + chassis. I have the old graphite chassis.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

All right this is a little off topic but what'ya think the finishing order at the Worlds will be ?

I say:

1. Hara
2. Groskamp
3. Masami
Old 05-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

I will go with Hara for the win, not sure about Groskamp and Masami.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Testing

I am somewaht new to RC Car racing so please bear with me.

Is there an easy inexpensive way of testing 3000-3300 battery packs. With say a voltmeter or with some kind of load.

Is there a simple objective test I can run with my car and a stop watch?

I am leery of subjective tests or claims of reduced laptimes when other factors coul be at play.

Does anybody actually do double blind tests of any RC sped claims for batterys, tires, motors, ESC?

If so have you seen published results of these tests,anywhere?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default The official battery of RC Racing USA

Pro-Match Batteries are the official battery of www.rcracingusa.net

Jeff not only has great prices on his packs but he also backs up his product with a great warranty.

Some of the new matchers on the block where having their cells matched by Jeff and I have heard rumors of them branching out on their own, but in the same time burning some bridges with bad mouthing. This is pretty unfortunate for those companies since, promatch isn't into name calling and helped them birth into the RC industry.

Pro-match has delivered great packs for years from a guy who has been in the RC industry for years. I actually race in CA with some of the new matching company owners and most don't race that well even in intermediate stock. I have raced and watch Jeff run expert mod buggy and put down some of the craziest lap times and manuevers. Which is pretty good considering that Jeffery is getting up their in his years.

So if you are in the market for a new pack I would definately go with the pro-match pack they might not be a inexpensive as some of the new guys on the block, but you will definately have no troubles in the unlikely event something happens to your pack. No warranty hassels

RC Racer USA
Owner/Webmaster - RC Racing USA
Old 05-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What charge rate should I use for ProMatch batts? I have a brand new pack, and I want to treat them correctly.

They are listed as:
SEC 0412 -- AV 1.169 -- CG 5.0 -- DS 30 -- AR 2.6 -- DET 5000 --
CTF .90

Is that CG 5.0 telling me to charge them at 5A? I have a Duratrax Digital Piranha that also has a delta cutoff setting - what should that be?

While on the subject, is delta cutoff in the charger only a NiMH thing, or is that a NiCd thing too? The only batteries I have charged with this charger were KAN cells, and the place I bought them from gave me specific settings for all of this. I (obviously) don't know what I am doing with this charger.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Charge at 5amps or as close to that as possible. You should be fine.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm looking into buying another charger. I'm also looking to save some money if at all possible. I've got a Teikin Charger with the H28 software. Its the main charger...not the smaller attachable one. Anyway, instead of hooking a second teikin charger to its power supply cord in the back....will it supply the power for other DC chargers? EX: will it power a Pulsar, or Mellinum ect....
Old 05-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Not sure on that one. I would contact Tekin and ask them since they are back in business. http://www.teamtekin.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.