Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sickboy
see ya there.
tomarrow night?? for sher. i have a suprise. its pretty bitchin
Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so when are u going to chnge your name? trackstar??????
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy T.
so when are u going to chnge your name? trackstar??????
easy mr. my drink has seven different alcohols in it. hahaha
Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default electric 1/8 tomorrow?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get people interested and excited about having an electric class tomorrow at ARC. So if any of you could pass the word it would very cool.

Thanks for the help and hopefully there will be enough people to have our own class.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default racing

There are a few other races going on saturday, at other tracks don't know how the turnouts going to be .Or if they even race. Just a heads up for ya .
Old 05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks,

It ended up being a practice day, no racing. I was the only electric buggy there...a good number of truggys showed up which was pretty cool. Hopefully electric will pick up there...I hope everything picks up there soon, we need it too if we want the track to stay!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
Thanks,

It ended up being a practice day, no racing. I was the only electric buggy there...a good number of truggys showed up which was pretty cool. Hopefully electric will pick up there...I hope everything picks up there soon, we need it too if we want the track to stay!
If he wants bigger turnouts he should do what other local tracks are doing and promote short course racing. The short course classes seem to be growing tremendously. He should strike while the irons hot and take advantage. Its more affordable so those impacted by lower wages can still race. I know he says if they show up we will run them, but maybe a series or a race with prizes involved might spark more interest. Just my thoughts though. Great track lots of fun every time ive been, but Im not racing 1/8 th anymore.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
If he wants bigger turnouts he should do what other local tracks are doing and promote short course racing. The short course classes seem to be growing tremendously. He should strike while the irons hot and take advantage. Its more affordable so those impacted by lower wages can still race. I know he says if they show up we will run them, but maybe a series or a race with prizes involved might spark more interest. Just my thoughts though. Great track lots of fun every time ive been, but Im not racing 1/8 th anymore.

I agree with you...SC truck is super hot right now and a lot more affordable to run then gas or electric 1/8. I'm sure Dan would run the classes if they would show up...but they have to show up. I agree, if there were some more incentive to get the SC truck guys from WCRC and the 1/8 electric guys from OCRC all to race at ARC, it would be one killer race day!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

It's strange why not many racers are showing up at ARC. At the track down here in San Diego, we had 15 heats. 5 or 6 were short course, 2 heats of 1/10 2wd buggy, 2 heats of 1/8th electric truggy, 2 heat of electric buggy, 1 heat of nitro buggy, and 2 1/5th scale. I don't why any of these guys aren't going to ARC.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
It's strange why not many racers are showing up at ARC. At the track down here in San Diego, we had 15 heats. 5 or 6 were short course, 2 heats of 1/10 2wd buggy, 2 heats of 1/8th electric truggy, 2 heat of electric buggy, 1 heat of nitro buggy, and 2 1/5th scale. I don't why any of these guys aren't going to ARC.
I hear you Don. We had 75 entries Friday night at Hemet and it was all 1/10 SC Electric!! No other classes, just SC trucks. And they are 98% new people. I only recognized/know maybe 5 or 6 people that were there.....

It comes down to "0" promotion. The only thing I'm hearing now a days from other people is "Is ARC still open?" I of course tell them "yes" and they are doing great, but then I hear about no one there or the gates are closed for practice, or entries are low etc etc.

I think once the JBRL hits this month people will remember how fun and what a great facility Dan has to race at.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
I hear you Don. We had 75 entries Friday night at Hemet and it was all 1/10 SC Electric!! No other classes, just SC trucks. And they are 98% new people. I only recognized/know maybe 5 or 6 people that were there.....

It comes down to "0" promotion. The only thing I'm hearing now a days from other people is "Is ARC still open?" I of course tell them "yes" and they are doing great, but then I hear about no one there or the gates are closed for practice, or entries are low etc etc.

I think once the JBRL hits this month people will remember how fun and what a great facility Dan has to race at.

I agree with you Jimmy, IMHO I think ARC should promote even more than the other tracks right now...being so isolated it's not the easiest to find which makes it even harder for new people to get excited to race there. The JBRL is going to bring a lot of racers there and hopefully that will help. I'm hoping it will pick up there...I'd love to race there more instead of going to OC all the time.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

I have talked to Dan about a month ago concerning promoting. I suggested $10 SC races. He eventually agreed to it, but there has also been a lot of other races/series that have been going on interfering with his program.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Racing

I ran some laps on sunday, fun new feel to the track. I would love to race on the layout. The simple answer is there are just allot of series races going on right now and people race in pairs or packs. Some people will never drive 30 miles to race anywhere but a series with other tracks ,even barona would be good in the long run...
Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

I will be at ARC Saturday to hopefully race. But if practice only then so be it. I will be there anyways.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I visited Barona this Sunday to check out the scene there, and was shocked to see 15 heats! And was even more shocked to see only one of them was 8th scale nitro class! Where did all the 8th scale club racers go? Like Jimmy said, I only recognized 5 or 6 racers there that I've seen running at ARC. How do you go from 30 to 40 to 50 guys racing regularly on a Saturday to a dozen guys running practice, if they're not all running SC trucks? I don't get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.