Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
I use an RS for 17.5 blinky and it still has version 212 software. I was on Tekin's site but didn't see where to get the newest version.Is it still possible to upgrade the old RS? Would it be worth it?
According to the release notes here: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html, the latest version includes 223 for the RS and RS Pro, so you should be fine with downloading that one (http://www.teamtekin.com/download/TekinHotWire.zip)

Phil.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by PDR
According to the release notes here: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html, the latest version includes 223 for the RS and RS Pro, so you should be fine with downloading that one (http://www.teamtekin.com/download/TekinHotWire.zip)

Phil.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tekin RS setup for 13.5t open timing with tekin redline motor

Hi Guys,

New to Tekin product, looking for a setup for 13.5t open timing for a Touring Car.

Low Traction Track, smaller version of the Mach Heemstede track, main straight about 65m long.

Any Help with be good

Jamie
New Zealand
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is the RS Pro specifically known for bottom end power/punch in relation to anything?

I ask because until recently I was using a 45amp HW Justock, which was doing just fine till other people starting going faster, and I seemed lacking in bottom end to mid range power, it seemed I could match anyone for speed, just not in getting up there quick enough.

There was part of me thinking it could not be the ESC, yet I messed with batteries etc, could not find any of that low end, till a friend lent me a RS Pro, and with a quick test, even with older packs it will out rip the Justock.
Maybe it's just still a bit of Newbie in me with electric, but it caught me by surprise.

I'll find out if it actually makes me any quicker tomorrow night (10.5T blinky), but either way it left me confused by how maybe the ESC's work in relation to amp draw, more so when all in blinky mode?

Secondary subject, I just used the two cap board off the HW on the Tekin, ok to do so?, and any throttle profile setting tips, or likewise how tight should I be setting the neutral band?, in default I though the neutral band felt very large.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
Is the RS Pro specifically known for bottom end power/punch in relation to anything?

I ask because until recently I was using a 45amp HW Justock, which was doing just fine till other people starting going faster, and I seemed lacking in bottom end to mid range power, it seemed I could match anyone for speed, just not in getting up there quick enough.

There was part of me thinking it could not be the ESC, yet I messed with batteries etc, could not find any of that low end, till a friend lent me a RS Pro, and with a quick test, even with older packs it will out rip the Justock.
Maybe it's just still a bit of Newbie in me with electric, but it caught me by surprise.

I'll find out if it actually makes me any quicker tomorrow night (10.5T blinky), but either way it left me confused by how maybe the ESC's work in relation to amp draw, more so when all in blinky mode?

Secondary subject, I just used the two cap board off the HW on the Tekin, ok to do so?, and any throttle profile setting tips, or likewise how tight should I be setting the neutral band?, in default I though the neutral band felt very large.
Quite a few esc's reduce power to control amp draw. We do not. Our esc's can run full open and this can be felt on the track compared to an esc that doesn't, as you've found.

The double cap is fine.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you Randy for the response, good to know, I thought there must be a reason I and a friend have found it just punches so hard in stock racing.

While I remember, does anyone have a good sort of starting recommendation for a mod setup?, it's looking like I'll be using a 5T Nosram Pure 1 or Pure 2, and I am not sure if I should use the full sensored mode, or duel mode, and where to start with it, there seems to not be a lot of setups around anymore for mod with the Tekin?

If it helps, this is the track I'll be running at, first time in mod for me as well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS6vXa6cnLk
Old 07-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Bishop
Thank you Randy for the response, good to know, I thought there must be a reason I and a friend have found it just punches so hard in stock racing.

While I remember, does anyone have a good sort of starting recommendation for a mod setup?, it's looking like I'll be using a 5T Nosram Pure 1 or Pure 2, and I am not sure if I should use the full sensored mode, or duel mode, and where to start with it, there seems to not be a lot of setups around anymore for mod with the Tekin?

If it helps, this is the track I'll be running at, first time in mod for me as well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS6vXa6cnLk
Start here but geared for that layout: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...h_M&M_v223.pdf
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have not used my hot wire on my home computer in some time, but when i connected it , it was version 212. I then un-installed and downloaded the zip of 9.6. After connecting to the hotwire, things are still 212. The ESC unplugged from the hotwire does not show the software update box, only data logs. I followed the utube help video, but I don't have an app data, or virtual store option. My Rs, and Rs-pro had version 223 installed by a fellow racer at the track. I updated the esc in hotwire thinking that would help, only to realize they both were reset to 212. Now I'm a little lost, and have tried to find all tekin files, remove them from my drive, and have done an uninstall-download-reinstall, empty recycle bin, restart 4-5 times... I'm not sure what I'm missing. I have Vista on my HP laptop
Thanks
Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there was a problem uninstalling it on windows vista pcs.

there is a link in the tekin site to fix it...

now, where was it..

ed
Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y

ed
Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

bada bing! thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I'm replacing the receiver lead on my RS and do not remember polarity sequence. Can anyone tell me if the sequence matches the switch lead or is it reversed? I don't want to assume that it does and release the smoke.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Team Tekin

White, Red, Black left to right.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Tekin rs spec

Hey Randy, I'm lookin at the RS Spec on the net and was wondering if there any plans to submit it, to make it VTA legal?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Team Tekin

I'm sure we'll send them something to test once they're available to the public. Note that it is ROAR VTA compliant. It may take a few of you guys to pressure them into getting the RS Spec approved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.