Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so many to choose from right now i have a jammin pro and its solid but i'm looking at selling it but not sure what to replace it.... i narrow it down to the mugen prospect or the 8t.....my question is which one is best in handling jumps and dependable on parts?
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guess thread went dead on after my question...lol
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow supra
At the local track my way(Revelation in Ontario, Ca.). Losi 8ight seems to be the most popular. Probably because it's close to Losi's home base. I also think they do seem to have better quality plastic components. I would like to try a Jammin, but afraid quality and part support in my area. Anyway I my wait for that new Jammin Truggy you guys were talking about.
i also run at rev... i have the crt with the big bore.. u get alot of help from ofna.. since ofna is in irvine.. and u can actually ask some of the jammin guys that come out every sat.. they are very helpful..

i'll be tomorrow.. i'll have a black body with the monster decals and also a shocker sticker on both sides.. (beginner class)

jc
Old 11-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

I raced the X-ray since it came out and have not had to replace anything except the gas tank. The truck is great, and it turns on a dime. When I was breaking in an engine on the driveway it could do 3-foot circles! And of course you get the unmatched quality.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bobby the 8T's are good truggies and fast in the right hands (ie.. loose handling like the 8B) but they are fragile. I see them break all the time with less expierenced pilots.

The Mugen's are as close to bullet proof as you can get when it comes to the currently available fleet of truggies.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm waiting for the new Jammin X2-CRT or what ever they are going to call it.
I see the super big bores on a few of the Jammins at the club races and man they are huge. It really looks like they soak up the bug jumps and bumps good.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

[But on another note I drove Alan Burtons OCM Truggy last weekend after the races were over and Man that truck was awesome to drive ...

Eagerly but patiently awaiting its delivery---Looks like i may get an early Christmas present!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 on the OCM DT-19T Truggy.....everyone that has driven it says it turns way better than Mugen or Losi....and is alot easier to drive overall and still be really fast. Aaron Biggers won the Tn. points series with it this year. Truggies are being shipped to the USA as we speak....should be avaliable to the public before Christmas. And, most of the popular internet web stores carry OCM parts....not to mention that customer support is better than any company out there.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
so many to choose from right now i have a jammin pro and its solid but i'm looking at selling it but not sure what to replace it.... i narrow it down to the mugen prospect or the 8t.....my question is which one is best in handling jumps and dependable on parts?
the 8T is the best handling truggy on the market IN THE RIGHT HANDS, alot of guys cant drive them, but they break and wear out easy and fast...

the 5T is the strongest truggy on the market, and very easy to drive, handles very good...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If you are breaking Losi's, you are a big hack. I am far from being some kind of pro, but my Losi's have never broke because of parts quality. Been running them every weekend for over a year, only broke one a-arm because I did something stupid.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If your going to get a truggy get a Mugen,8Ight t,
Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
If you are breaking Losi's, you are a big hack. I am far from being some kind of pro, but my Losi's have never broke because of parts quality. Been running them every weekend for over a year, only broke one a-arm because I did something stupid.
hack i am not...i like the 8ight myself from what ive seen it can be a real weapon in the right hands, but ive also seen a few breakage and wear issues...
Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Iv'e also seen plenty of Mugens break, pillow balls and rear drive shafts and so on and most nitro cars wear just losi's seem to wear faster but the parts seem to be cheaper and more readily avaliable

any of the top brands these days are a good chioce but go with what suits your driving style and you can get backup on the easiest.

ask the locals their opinions and see if you can have a blast with a couple to compare

good luck on the new purchase

Adrian