Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default Dicks on the net

This thread is getting a little bit of a slag fest I would support AE as I come from the buggy back ground they rule. Touring cars they beat everyone for years with the tc3 they bring out the tc4 wins the reedy race still a top ten car but you all moan about it WHY. If you dont want it dont have it simple. you got nothing good or informative to say dont bother wasting our time with dick posts.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Personally I don't have a problem with either company... I'm just throwing fuel around, that's all .
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lumberjak
I'll wait to see what AE has before I buy one. I learned much from the TC4, like buy a car that will work to start with, price is not my only concern. My point still is wait and see what they come out with it's still a prototype.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it does work and work well. It's some of the drivers trying it for one day and then throwing in the towel that don't work well.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
I hate to burst your bubble, but it does work and work well. It's some of the drivers trying it for one day and then throwing in the towel that don't work well.
Precisely. I still have my FT TC4(got it the moment someone could ship one to me), & I'm still quite pleased with it(only thing that bugs me a bit is not being able to change a spur out nearly as quickly as I used to with the previous AE cars, got kinda spoiled on that). In truth, it's still a better car than I am a driver, so I don't see any need to get into that new car "flavor of the week" mess, just a waste of money. Oh, & just another FYI, RCKnight(since you either ignored or didn;'t read much of this whole thread), XRay did NOT invent adjustable flex chassis, that happened SEVERAL YEARS AGO, & if memory serves, it was Yokomo that did it first(with the YR-4M2 USA car & then the M2 Pro, back around 1997 or so, before XRay even EXISTED), & the FT TC4 also has adjustable flex that also works pretty well(though it is a bit more basic in design). I would suggest that you at least get your facts straight before bashing ANYONE'S car, no matter your personal preference. Oh, & one other thing, about that battery stap thing, I thought REAL racers only use strapping tape?????
Old 06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Grizzbob,

are you sure the yok yr4-m2 had that?? I had one of those and I recall a chassis that was not set up the same (with slots) as the T2 does...

crap... maybe I'm just getting too old to rember as wellas I used to

E

Last edited by EricF; 06-30-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys,

who cares who came out with what first, As long as AE release the car and it is a rocket and carries good corner speed the way the loyal AE fans know it will the car will win races!

The FT TC4 is a good car but it is not for all driving skill levels. The pros can wheel a box car with square wheels faster then most of us can drive our touring cars. So I am sure AE will put out a quality car for all to wheel

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
The pros can wheel a box car with square wheels faster then most of us can drive our touring cars.
Where can I go to race agains some of these guys? Is that going to be the next spec tire?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Where can I go to race agains some of these guys? Is that going to be the next spec tire?

Not sure but sign me up as well

The car will be good this much I know

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
Grizzbob,

are you sure the yok yr4-m2 had that?? I had one of those and I recall a chassis the was set up the same (with slots) as the T2 does...

crap... maybe I'm just getting too old to rember as wellas I used to

E
Yeah, it did(at least the USA version did), it had a BUNCH of standoffs that you add or remove between chassis plates to adjust its stiffness. Only thing though, was it wasn't so effective for side to side flex, but was well setup for handling front to rear flex, & when using all of them they made the car HEAVY(if I remember correctly, there were around 8 of them or so, so they'd add quite a bit to the car's weight, but the car was an absolute tank, very tough).....
Old 06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would be happy to see a belt car from AE however from the products they release its obvious that AE's vision is a bit different than what a small percentage of people want it to be. That being said, im not expecting a pure bred racing kit to come from them. I expect something along the lines of something that is belt driven that is going to be a little better than the TC4. Something that can be manufactured cheaply in China in an RTR form as to make as much profit margin on each unit sold. Parts that will hold up only enough to break as much as they need them to...and have a bundle of cheaply made parts available to the hobby stores to make even more money.

I see a lot of people talking about how the parts are cheaper and available ....yes they are available...thats one reason i still have my TC3. Cheaper...yes. But because something is cheaper, doesnt necessarily mean its a better value. True my TC3 arms, c-hubs and other parts are less than my XRay 05. But i dont know how many parts I have purchased on my TC3 due to them either breaking, stripping or whatever. I broke so many arms on my TC3 i bought an XRay. I have yet to break an arm on my XRay and havent failed to finish a race yet with my XRay. My TC3 on the other hand..broke arms left and right. So if AE's parts are cheaper but I have to buy a lot more of them ...then wheres the Value in that ? I would much rather spend $15 on a quality arm that is durable and last me then spend $8 on an arm that will snap easily.

I really really want AE to come out with a top notch product. I grew up with Associated like most on this board probably did and would like to see them back on track with an on-road car. It actually took a lot to get me to move to my Xray. I literally had everyone at my local track encouraging me to go to XRay because of its durability. I finally broke down and got one and admit it is a better car. Its hard to explain , but I still have my roots and heart in AE products. Maybe because i have so many fond memories of my old RC10.

I just hope they come back and have a big hit with this car.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

in about 5 years of using a tc3 ive only snapped 3 wishbones,2 rear uprights,couple of plastic bones and bent a few cvds.

I dont consider that excessive at all! in my eyes the tc3 is a pretty solid car. Id consider the next car ae bring out. Guess its all down to how you drive the car.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

The BIG drawback for the Corally, XRay, Yok, HB, HPI, Tamiya, Schuie, etc...isn't that an arm costs more for one vs the AE or that I break more AE arms so the XRay looks more attractive.

The problem with all those other cars is this. In order to get through a race day...or race days is that you have to stock your own personal hobby shop for the car. EVERY time I've had an XRay or Corally I've had at least $200 worth of parts in a box. You have to have a spare for the parts you might not ever break or lose but if you don't have it...you're done for the day.

Now, contrast that to the AE. I have half a pack of arms, a few C-Hubs and some springs in my spare parts box. Maybe $20-30 in parts. The reason. The ACTUAL hobby shop has the parts sitting on the wall. If I break something I buy it and I'm on my way.

This is the power of having parts on the wall. Ask someone who's tried selling an XRay with tons of spares like this what they got for it? The majority I assure you lost their A$$ on the spare parts, especially if they sold it here where people will chew you down on EVERYTHING.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its 2006...its no harder to get parts for a 415, Mi2EC, RDX, T2 or Cyclone than a TC4. If the shop orders parts they get parts. All they have to do is pick up the phone and they can get anything from anyone.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcalaker
That being said, im not expecting a pure bred racing kit to come from them. I expect something along the lines of something that is belt driven that is going to be a little better than the TC4. Something that can be manufactured cheaply in China in an RTR form as to make as much profit margin on each unit sold.
I think one of the team drivers posted about this in the beginning of the thread. AE has always made their race cars and their RTRs the same with just added hop-ups. This is why they got bit in the a$$ when the new breed of RACE cars came out. I believe they will continue to market the TC4 as is to the general public and just add the new TC5 BD to their line-up. Nothing wrong with a company continuing to support a car that they've sold to thousands instead of discontinuing it and loading up the FOR SALE forum.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Its 2006...its no harder to get parts for a 415, Mi2EC, RDX, T2 or Cyclone than a TC4. If the shop orders parts they get parts. All they have to do is pick up the phone and they can get anything from anyone.
...... and in this corner, hailing from Palm Harbor, Florida. It's AAAAAAADDDDDRRRRRIIIIIAAAANNNNNN Martinez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. I'll agree to an extent. If a shop is selling a bunch of TC4 RTRs and a few FTTC4s, the guys with the FTC4 will always have parts available. Shops are very relunctant to stock a bunch of parts for this years flavor. You are correct though that these new breeds of race cars are not as "exotic" as they use to be and parts can be found alot easier than before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.