Wiki Posts
Search

Why is a buggy so heavy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mercedes 190 E
Thanks for all of the help the reason I want to get this is because I am going to race it on the road which is very bumpy has many damages. I am going to modify it so I can try an make my bid for a World Record.

Thanks for all of your Help,
Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
really???? or is it how slow can i go? you are picking the wrong equipment for a world record, for world record, you will need a much more stable platform (buggy) a race .21 drag modified (about $800.00 engine alone and your lucky to get a gallon from it) or good brushless with good motors (neu), batteries (90c or better) a good esc (tekin rx8).
Old 06-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
really???? or is it how slow can i go? you are picking the wrong equipment for a world record, for world record, you will need a much more stable platform (buggy) a race .21 drag modified (about $800.00 engine alone and your lucky to get a gallon from it) or good brushless with good motors (neu), batteries (90c or better) a good esc (tekin rx8).
I didn't see where he was trying for a speed record..
Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

this was from the 1st page "Thanks for all of the help the reason I want to get this is because I am going to race it on the road which is very bumpy has many damages. I am going to modify it so I can try an make my bid for a World Record"

Going for some sort of record
Old 06-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

hhahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 06-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McWolf
First of all, that IS a misprint. Second, the size of the fuel tank is also a misprint, that is, it is 125cc and not 150cc. Third, to Sylvain, you would realise that it is not really a "very low budget buggy" if you did some research. The Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition buggy is a rebadged Nanda Racing NRB-3 Pro buggy. True, Nanda Racing may not be a popular or even known brand in the U.S.A. but that doesn't mean that it's not any good. If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it. I own one and I'm quite happy with it. It's as raceable and customizable as many other buggies from the well-known manufacturers. Just to be clear, I'm not a 'fan boy' as I've driven a number of different buggies, including those from XRAY and Mugen Seiki and Team Associated and Hot Bodies and Losi. In my experience, it's 90% driver and 10% vehicle. I'm only racing at a club level and, in truth, the Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition is competitive, as is ANY buggy that is set up based on the driver's preference. Just my 2 cents.

I have never owned one, but several people that have bought them have brought them into our hobby shop.
I cant say anything good about it, and I will just leave it at that.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hmm.. that is worrying, the record I am trying to go for is the longest R/C Car race. I want to get the buggy because I figure that it will be a lot more durable because it is meant to be raced on un even terrain and even my damaged sidewalk won't be a challenge for it because a on road car would get destroyed. Also because this is about endurance I need a lot of space to route fans and cooling lines because I need to develop a water rolled system. So the buggy is perfect and the price is very affordable. Which do you guys recommend the RE or the LE? http://www.exceedrc.com/18marcrareco.html

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hmm.. that is worrying, the record I am trying to go for is the longest R/C Car race. I want to get the buggy because I figure that it will be a lot more durable because it is meant to be raced on un even terrain and even my damaged sidewalk won't be a challenge for it because a on road car would get destroyed. Also because this is about endurance I need a lot of space to route fans and cooling lines because I need to develop a water rolled system. So the buggy is perfect and the price is very affordable. Which do you guys recommend the RE or the LE? http://www.exceedrc.com/18marcrareco.html

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
If you want endurance you're going to need a quality vehicle. Even 45 minute mains are hard on a lot of vehicles. That's just my 2 cents though. If you want endurance you're looking at the wrong type of buggies.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
If you want endurance you're going to need a quality vehicle. Even 45 minute mains are hard on a lot of vehicles. That's just my 2 cents though. If you want endurance you're looking at the wrong type of buggies.
So 200 miles in one day will destroy it right? I only can spend 200-300 on the buggy and I do plan to install a cooling system so that might give it a longer life. Also it will be done in December when the temperature is lower. So I am playing a gamble and I would really appreciate some advice. It is a smooth terrain (parking lot) and the temps are low, I need reliability and moderate speed, any suggestion for my requirements and budget?

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

200 miles. First you need an engine that can take that abuse, I can think of none. And IMO there is NO buggy that will go 200 miles straight and not break.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

What do you think the limit would be?

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

i bought a hyper 7 and it says that it ways 17.2 it was a mispprint on the box because i weighed and it was like 7.2! u should way yours
Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Will you be the only participant? Fyi, a race typically involves more than one participant.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
What is a water rolled system? Did you mean water cooled? Cooling will be the least of the problems.

200 miles of nitro fuel won't be cheap.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth
Save yourself headache and frustration. Neither.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

This thread is awesome!!!! I myself am going for a world record race in the most doughnuts in 3 hours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.