R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Why is a buggy so heavy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/524580-why-buggy-so-heavy.html)

Mercedes 190 E 06-18-2011 12:43 PM

Why is a buggy so heavy?

I was looking at this RC Buggy and I was staggered at it's weight. Is this a mistake because it said it was 11 pounds.

"nitrorcx.com/1scexrcgp28e.html"

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth

awdcameolsx 06-18-2011 01:24 PM

hopefully :weird:

omarwashington 06-18-2011 01:27 PM

here is the pic from that link he was trying to post

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1419739...2160_119632864

nitroexpress 06-18-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mercedes 190 E (Post 9272957)
I was looking at this RC Buggy and I was staggered at it's weight. Is this a mistake because it said it was 11 pounds.

"nitrorcx.com/1scexrcgp28e.html"

Mercedes 190 E Cosworth

They state that it is 5.2 kg and this equals 11.4 lbs. Heavy hauler. :nod:

Sylvain 06-18-2011 04:58 PM

It is heavy because it is a low... very low budget buggy.

The question should be more.... Why do you want to buy this buggy?

McWolf 06-18-2011 05:25 PM

First of all, that IS a misprint. Second, the size of the fuel tank is also a misprint, that is, it is 125cc and not 150cc. Third, to Sylvain, you would realise that it is not really a "very low budget buggy" if you did some research. The Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition buggy is a rebadged Nanda Racing NRB-3 Pro buggy. True, Nanda Racing may not be a popular or even known brand in the U.S.A. but that doesn't mean that it's not any good. If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it. I own one and I'm quite happy with it. It's as raceable and customizable as many other buggies from the well-known manufacturers. Just to be clear, I'm not a 'fan boy' as I've driven a number of different buggies, including those from XRAY and Mugen Seiki and Team Associated and Hot Bodies and Losi. In my experience, it's 90% driver and 10% vehicle. I'm only racing at a club level and, in truth, the Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition is competitive, as is ANY buggy that is set up based on the driver's preference. Just my 2 cents. :)

nitroexpress 06-18-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by McWolf (Post 9273618)
First of all, that IS a misprint. Second, the size of the fuel tank is also a misprint, that is, it is 125cc and not 150cc. Third, to Sylvain, you would realise that it is not really a "very low budget buggy" if you did some research. The Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition buggy is a rebadged Nanda Racing NRB-3 Pro buggy. True, Nanda Racing may not be a popular or even known brand in the U.S.A. but that doesn't mean that it's not any good. If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it. I own one and I'm quite happy with it. It's as raceable and customizable as many other buggies from the well-known manufacturers. Just to be clear, I'm not a 'fan boy' as I've driven a number of different buggies, including those from XRAY and Mugen Seiki and Team Associated and Hot Bodies and Losi. In my experience, it's 90% driver and 10% vehicle. I'm only racing at a club level and, in truth, the Exceed RC MadFire Racing Edition is competitive, as is ANY buggy that is set up based on the driver's preference. Just my 2 cents. :)

Why make a racing edition on put a .28 engine in it? Besides being illegal, it's not smart. Only the LE comes with a .21 and it doesn't have 16mm shocks. Doesn't inspire confidence.

got_nitro 06-18-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by McWolf (Post 9273618)
[SIZE="2" If you have not driven one or do not own one, you should not speak badly about it.[/SIZE]

Lighten up there strippy! Saying it's a low budget buggy is hardly talking "badly" about anything. Sounds more like it got under your skin and you took it personal in a defending manner as if you regret owning one or something... Pucker up butter cup...:lol:

Sylvain 06-18-2011 05:52 PM

For me, low budget means entry level... Low price tag. It doesn't mean bad quality!

just like the Cen Matric or Ofna LX2, It doesn't mean it can't be raced with success :)

pntmachine 06-18-2011 05:53 PM

The RE is listed at 7.4lbs with a .28
http://www.exceedrc.com/18marcrareco.html

McWolf 06-18-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by got_nitro (Post 9273657)
Lighten up there strippy! Saying it's a low budget buggy is hardly talking "badly" about anything. Sounds more like it got under your skin and you took it personal in a defending manner as if you regret owning one or something... Pucker up butter cup...:lol:

Hello there g_n. No, it's not a matter of Sylvain getting under my skin. I just don't believe that people should knock the 'less mainstream' brands without having experience other than that of other people, who may or may not have known what they were doing when they first got into the hobby, and had problems. The truth is, I believe that you should do some research based on what you like and can afford, and then make your purchase. I also believe that there is no best anything, only what is best for the individual. That being said, I did not mean to offend anyone or come off as if I was offended myself. Regarding your questions about the .28 engine in the 'racing edition' and lack of big bore shocks in the 'limited edition', those of us that race using the ROAR/IFMAR rules can't use a .28 engine. However, some clubs/tracks have a 'race what you have' class, and I think that the RTR .28 engines can serve as good 'practice' engines until the driver is ready to get a .21 engine and start racing under the ROAR/IFMAR rules. Again, I did not mean to offend anyone or make it seem as if I was offended. I apologise Sylvain if that is how it seemed *hand shake*. :)

got_nitro 06-18-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by McWolf (Post 9273758)
Hello there g_n. No, it's not a matter of Sylvain getting under my skin. I just don't believe that people should knock the 'less mainstream' brands without having experience other than that of other people, who may or may not have known what they were doing when they first got into the hobby, and had problems. The truth is, I believe that you should do some research based on what you like and can afford, and then make your purchase. I also believe that there is no best anything, only what is best for the individual. That being said, I did not mean to offend anyone or come off as if I was offended myself. Regarding your questions about the .28 engine in the 'racing edition' and lack of big bore shocks in the 'limited edition', those of us that race using the ROAR/IFMAR rules can't use a .28 engine. However, some clubs/tracks have a 'race what you have' class, and I think that the RTR .28 engines can serve as good 'practice' engines until the driver is ready to get a .21 engine and start racing under the ROAR/IFMAR rules. Again, I did not mean to offend anyone or make it seem as if I was offended. I apologise Sylvain if that is how it seemed *hand shake*. :)

I hear ya man, I'm just being a smart arse bustin your stones. No worries.:cool:

Sylvain 06-18-2011 06:32 PM

Relax guys! I'm not offended :)

Mercedes 190 E 06-19-2011 10:23 AM

Thanks for all of the help the reason I want to get this is because I am going to race it on the road which is very bumpy has many damages. I am going to modify it so I can try an make my bid for a World Record.

Thanks for all of your Help,
Mercedes 190 E Cosworth

curacing2 06-19-2011 05:54 PM

what record are you trying to break?

If you want to go very fast onroad with a buggy you should look at some brushless buggy youtube clips, 100mph and over... you would be lucky to get a sport .28 nitro engine anywere near that, it would take a big clutch bell and your clutch would start slipping or the motor would go flat or even blow.