Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Well it has been over a year that CRC released the crc gen x 10 and this thread has sort of died. I almost sold my gen x 10 and thank God I didn't love my pan car, it is a keeper for sure. Anyways let's hear from all the Gen X 10 guys, pictures, setups, what you love about it, what you hate. Come on let's get this going.

Here is my beef. OCRC just opened up a carpet track, nice one I must say. The problem for us that have been running 2 cell lipo's pro10 or wgt, are now being forced to run 1 cell lipos. Ok second problem, esc having problems with 1 cell and now we have to either pick up the Novak Smart Boost 1-Cell Li-Po Step-Up Module, what is all that about? Ok the track wants to go with roar rules but hey come on some of us don't plan on going to Vegas to race professionally just club race why not make an exception? New track opening up in August on road indoor asphalt, fingers crossed that the owner keeps it open to what cell lipos to use. Ok so we are the minority, we have the luxury of running a 2 cell stick on our Gen X 10 while other pan cars have sadlle packs and so on. Ok is anyone feeling me here?

Ok enough with the rant, let's here from you, see pictures and get setups.
RB is usually pretty relaxed about tech for club stuff, my only thought is that you are skilled enough to actually have an advantage with your setup as is. Just don't be so fast!

Shoot Danny a PM about the rules he has planned, my guess is you're screwed. Organizers have tried for too long to get WGT totally spec.

If you wanna' keep that setup your best bet is to get Pro10 going on the asphalt, people see those speeds and they will be hooked.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Well it has been over a year that CRC released the crc gen x 10 and this thread has sort of died. I almost sold my gen x 10 and thank God I didn't love my pan car, it is a keeper for sure. Anyways let's hear from all the Gen X 10 guys, pictures, setups, what you love about it, what you hate. Come on let's get this going.

Here is my beef. OCRC just opened up a carpet track, nice one I must say. The problem for us that have been running 2 cell lipo's pro10 or wgt, are now being forced to run 1 cell lipos. Ok second problem, esc having problems with 1 cell and now we have to either pick up the Novak Smart Boost 1-Cell Li-Po Step-Up Module, what is all that about? Ok the track wants to go with roar rules but hey come on some of us don't plan on going to Vegas to race professionally just club race why not make an exception? New track opening up in August on road indoor asphalt, fingers crossed that the owner keeps it open to what cell lipos to use. Ok so we are the minority, we have the luxury of running a 2 cell stick on our Gen X 10 while other pan cars have sadlle packs and so on. Ok is anyone feeling me here?

Ok enough with the rant, let's here from you, see pictures and get setups.
I so agree. this has been bugging me as well. I don't want a special battery just for my pan car, I want to run the same lipo in pan and touring, more expense...

We have been trying 2s 17.5 and 1s 13.5
Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

We too have those National guys who want to force us to run either 4cell or 1s, fortunately I have a lot of say at my local club (well I am the race director) and a discussion with the club chairman has come up with the following planned idea to start at the next club championship season.
planned classes:

GT1
7.4v max, no motor limit, max width 235mm
(currently no one runs GT1)

GT2 (4 power options)
1s 6.5Bl
4cell 10.5Bl
2s 17.5Bl
2s Sealed Can motor down to 15T (ideal for wet weather)

GT3
2s Saturn 20t (#1136)

(6cell can be used in a 2s format)

Strangely enough, GT2 and GT3 are the classes with regular racers.
And the power options listed in GT2 are of similar performance.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Suspended

Talking

4-cell NIMH or 1-cell lipo risk watering down the pool of racer even more ; most have already stretched their wallets to upgrade from 6-cell NIMH to 2s LIPO...Personally I think speed tuning should be only reserved to motor winding ie23.5R/27.5R etc...) and batteries should be 6-cell NIMH or 2S lipo. The more simple the classes, the more new racers!!!!! New racers are already overwhelmed with requirements trying to get into the hobby right now, more restrictions will only chase them away! How many cars and battery combinations they will need to purchase to get some fun out of the hobby??? With the bad economy simplifying things is the way to go! Imagine a club that races whatever the racers bring, no restrictions; only laptimes will determine the classes just like PINKS all OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Clubs have to accomodate for 1/10th Touring converts, and for 1/12th converts, so a formula was sorted out to allow racers from both side to use cells and motors they already have.
(12th uses 4cell 10.5 in the UK)
Old 06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How does this pan car handle given the center line battery configuration? Is setup way different from a pan car with saddle pack configuration?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well I have good news on West Coast RC Raceway. I have been advised (by Danny himself) they will be following roar rules on the 1 cell lipos but he is open to 2 cell pan cars and is open to a mod class in this division. This is the best news I have heard since the 1 cell has started to get pushed in many tracks.

So if anyone is in Los Angeles and wanting to run 2 cell hit me up as track is due to possibly open in mid July.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

SCAR - Spec Canadian Auto Racing

We keep it Simple and Fun. We have a great Asphalt Track at the Home Depot in London Ontario and a Fabulous New Indoor Race Facility - LOU's SPEEDWAY just off 401 Highway very near to London.

We have Wayne Vince, Canadian Team CRC Driver racing in SCAR and sharing setups.

SCAR
Novak 17.5 Brushless
ORION 2400 LIPO
CRC or Jaco Spec Tires
HPI Sports Car Bodies
1000 Grams Minimum Weight

We're having FUN with these Simple and Fast Cars. Right now SCAR is the Biggest Class at Lou's Speedway and the RROL Home Depot Track.

The majority of cars are CRC GenX10s.

SCAR Forums and Information is here - http://forums.londonrc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81
Old 06-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default gearing problems

hello guys,

I have just received my xerun combo from hobbywing.

Finish to assemble it on the car today.

I am having problems while assembling the motor on the pod, I am using a 81T 48P spur and the maximun pinion it allows it is 18T 48P, but even with this configuration the motor does not seat very well on the pod.

What can i do to sort it? Reduce the spur size? Or there is other way to solve this?

Also on the diff, the nylo nut have stripped on the installation and I bought the AE ones, is that going to sort it?

Sorry for so many questions but I am new at pan cars and here in Brazil nobody uses it just a few and just for fun as we do not have enough people to have a championship.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio
hello guys,

I have just received my xerun combo from hobbywing.

Finish to assemble it on the car today.

I am having problems while assembling the motor on the pod, I am using a 81T 48P spur and the maximun pinion it allows it is 18T 48P, but even with this configuration the motor does not seat very well on the pod.

What can i do to sort it? Reduce the spur size? Or there is other way to solve this?

Also on the diff, the nylo nut have stripped on the installation and I bought the AE ones, is that going to sort it?

Sorry for so many questions but I am new at pan cars and here in Brazil nobody uses it just a few and just for fun as we do not have enough people to have a championship.
Initially, I would suggest running a 72-76T 48P spur to handle most motor conbinations.

What motor and ESC will you be running?

I gave up on nylon nuts years ago. Try an aluminum nut with a nylon lock. But keep a good supply on hand. In either case, they should be replaces when they lose their ability to stay in place.

Bill
Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Initially, I would suggest running a 72-76T 48P spur to handle most motor conbinations.

What motor and ESC will you be running?

I gave up on nylon nuts years ago. Try an aluminum nut with a nylon lock. But keep a good supply on hand. In either case, they should be replaces when they lose their ability to stay in place.

Bill
Bill

Thank you for the help, I will get some new spurs.

About the motor and esc it wil be a Xerun 120A V2 esc with a Xerun 8.5T motor.

The tires are the CRC but not trued.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio
Bill

Thank you for the help, I will get some new spurs.

About the motor and esc it wil be a Xerun 120A V2 esc with a Xerun 8.5T motor.

The tires are the CRC but not trued.
I am not familiar with that ESC or motor.

Do you know the rollout you want to run?

Bill
Old 06-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey can anyone recommend me a SPUR/Pinion combo for the CRC.

will be using:

64P gears
Novak 5.5/GTB combo
7.4 Lipo
Stock Jaco Foam straight from package, no trueing.
super tight turns and short straight.

thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by s13evo
hey can anyone recommend me a SPUR/Pinion combo for the CRC.

will be using:

64P gears
Novak 5.5/GTB combo
7.4 Lipo
Stock Jaco Foam straight from package, no trueing.
super tight turns and short straight.

thanks in advance.
Even with a 17.5, rears at 61mm, and a 155ft main straight, I was running 27 with the kit 110 spur
Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default ESC Recommendations Tekin or LRP

Ok in the market for a new esc and want to hear from all of you and find out what has worked for you.

Ok I know everyone is going to say this company is the best and so on but let's try to keep it neutral.

I have been using the Novak GTB for a little over a year now looking at the Tekin RS or Pro and LRP SPX. I'm looking for a smaller foot print, less weight so I can better balance my pan. Now If I go with Tekin, I would probably go with the Pro just because I can run a 3.5 if I wanted to. Though probably going to stick to 10.5 and 13.5 but would have options. The SPX can handle 3.5 and cost less than the Tekin rs pro. Anyways let's hear what has worked for you, your thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.