Search
Like Tree395Likes

Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:24 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Svendc
it looks like Keven Hebert has comming over to europe this weekend to promote the TC7 in The ETS R1.
it would be a great opportunity to race with the best of the world to improve his skills.
C-final for Keven
D-final for Juho

... not the performance of the car I hoped for ...
But at the same time it semms to be a tough competition!
Old 12-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

ok it seems the TC7 is 'allready' past? It must be the prototype of the TC7. i saw a picture of Keven Heberts car on the ETS '(on the moment taking place this weekend) and he uses other lighter open graphite shoktowers, other shoks ar used...bigbores like the xray T4, the new arms and the TC5 swaybars. It quitte interessting. I hope the new kit will do it a even a little bit better....28 pos afther 4 qualis, it's fast but not that fast. But i understand it's not so easy espacially with the time lag between aurope and canada or us, and with allmost no team exept juho Levanen on this side, RESPECT.

http://ets.redrc.net/gallery/nggallery/page/13

Last edited by Svendc; 12-12-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
you are in Columbus IN?...
Yes I am and I sat across from you at a trophy race @ the Big Rug when it was open

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
most of us already have dcv's from the 6.2 so just put them on the tc7. even adding the $40 for the dcv's the kit is still cheaper than anything on the market. they could have included them but lets not sweat the small stuff! this is a rock solid kit and cant wait to buid it
I am not sweating the small stuff. Just making an observations. New people that don't have TC6.2 to take DCJ's from will consider that when buying a new kit. A Serpent ERYX 3.0 is cheaper and has DCJ's and an aluminum chassis. So your statement about it being the cheapest option is not quite accurate. As a fan of AE in general, I would like to see them be successful by gaining more market share in the touring car market.

Last edited by Castradamus; 12-12-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpx
C-final for Keven
D-final for Juho

... not the performance of the car I hoped for ...
But at the same time it semms to be a tough competition!
Competition is very tough If Volker was driving a TC7 he would be in the A. I bet next time Kev will be in the A main after racing at that level more often....

Last edited by JustWill75; 12-12-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Competition is very tough If Volker was driving a TC7 he would be in the A. I bet next time Kev will be in the A main after racing at that level more often....
that's ambitious! :-). A bigger TEAM will help a lot
Old 12-12-2015, 11:47 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

ok it seems the TC7 is 'allready' past? It must be the prototype of the TC7. i saw a picture of Keven Heberts car on the ETS '(on the moment taking place this weekend) and he uses other lighter open graphite shoktowers, other shoks ar used...bigbores like the xray T4, the new arms and the TC5 swaybars. It quitte interessting. I hope the new kit will do it a even a little bit better....28 pos afther 4 qualis, it's fast but not that fast. But i understand it's not so easy espacially with the time lag between aurope and canada or us, and with allmost no team exept juho Levanen on this side, RESPECT.
You're right! It's still a rototye he's driving:
(quoteing from redrc chassis focus)
"Canadian driver Keven Hebert is in attendance here in Hrotovice running an interesting Hybrid version of the American made car which features the suspension parts, the shocks and part of the steering system that will equip the newly announced TC7. Having not received the rest of the car in time for the event he is still using the layout and transmission from the TC6. With Associated not producing an aluminium chassis for the TC6, he is using an Avid one, and the only other option parts used are a titanium screws set and the front double joint driveshafts"

And yes - I guess a bigger team might help!
Old 12-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we working on it, locally regionally and nationally...and even worldwide.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Castradamus
Yes I am and I sat across from you at a trophy race @ the Big Rug when it was open

I am not sweating the small stuff. Just making an observations. New people that don't have TC6.2 to take DCJ's from will consider that when buying a new kit. A Serpent ERYX 3.0 is cheaper and has DCJ's and an aluminum chassis. So your statement about it being the cheapest option is not quite accurate. As a fan of AE in general, I would like to see them be successful by gaining more market share in the touring car market.
I just bought the Durango DETC410 v2 for $340 ($399 normally) from Tower and it has DCJ's and all the usual hop ups you would expect from a premium kit. It just doesn't add up to raise the price and still not include what many would consider to be standard features these days. I will upgrade my TC6.2 to the new arm geometry but that's probably about it.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

It is really hard to judge the performance of a chassis by a race position.
The best way is always to experience it yourself (also the most expensive and difficult way). With my converted 6.2 I was very fast, to my surprise I could go two tenth faster with my T4. Both cars were in perfect shape and had a very good setup for the track. Today one of our top german drivers showed up with an A800 and was instantly 1-2 tenth faster than with his T4. So this is maybe the best car around. And were is it in the ETS sheets?! Tenth
Old 12-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think its funny red rc says " American made" car lol.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Laptimes and consistency are really what matters.....
Old 12-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I think its funny red rc says " American made" car lol.

What makes you think it's not? Associated in a American company. One of the few left in R/C.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

http://ets.redrc.net/gallery/nggallery/page/13
As Jpx mentioned, it is still a Prototype TC7, so the TC7 is not already past, in fact you could argue that the TC7 is more advanced than what is being used now.

That said the times are staggeringly close and there is a lot of depth. Hebert's best run was only about 8 seconds off of the top times, and his fast laps are about .2-.4 off of Rheinart and Volker. The top 10 is spread by only about 5 seconds, meaning one mistake or some laps with a little traffic could cost a top run. So I would say Kevin is doing a great job as a non-regular over there.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
What makes you think it's not? Associated in a American company. One of the few left in R/C.
I believe Associated has been owned by Thunder Tiger for awhile now. They might have some designers in the states but it is a Taiwanese company. I am not aware that any of their on-road cars are made in the USA. Would be nice if they were.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

I think the tc4 ft was the last American Rc car produced by American AE....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.