Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey mark

how is it going looks like your getting that 710 dial in .well im going to the lakeland track the fwo5r is faster the ever . jp rs12 s1.good luck on your next race cheers ps see in 2006
Old 04-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just got back from the new Palmy track. Very tight and techincal, but a good flow. 2nd gear was set up to come in alot earlier and got some good pace, beating guys in the qualifiers who were out of reach with the CD3 I recently sold. An engine failing to start ruined it for the final. Can't wait to get back there for their club race day. The 710 deserves a good clean tomorrow
Old 04-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

hey mark,wazzup.good to see u back
Old 04-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 chassis

Originally posted by JustRace
Sow....time to increase the power on the glasses Just figured I would say it before Smooth gets a chance.

Smooth...you've been awfully quite lately. GF must have you rollerblading all over Europe

JustRace, thanks for the rescue!

I know they're plotting to shoot some video of me in the next race usig my telescope too!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: droop

Originally posted by ntc3freak

honestly,both

hmmm.maybe borrow my dad's money 1st and when i sold the car,pay him back.nice idea sow.wait for my birthday lah.24th of may only.

so if anyone wants to donate hudy tools,starter box,exhaust,u can do so j/k
OK, remind me to use my Jedi mind tricks on him nearer the time. You might get everything on your birthday.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Greg M
Just got back from the new Palmy track. Very tight and techincal, but a good flow. 2nd gear was set up to come in alot earlier and got some good pace, beating guys in the qualifiers who were out of reach with the CD3 I recently sold. An engine failing to start ruined it for the final. Can't wait to get back there for their club race day. The 710 deserves a good clean tomorrow
Hey Greg good to hear you are doing well how big is the track compared to yours? can you please post setup on mytsn.com
Old 04-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: droop

Originally posted by Sow&Steady

OK, remind me to use my Jedi mind tricks on him nearer the time. You might get everything on your birthday.

hopefully
Old 04-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

guys,anyone with a 710 have the mega zx-12 power pack???got any pics of it???
Old 04-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ntc3freak
guys,anyone with a 710 have the mega zx-12 power pack???got any pics of it???
Buy me one and I'll have it bolted. Promise I'll take pics for you.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 chassis

Originally posted by JustRace
Smooth...you've been awfully quite lately. GF must have you rollerblading all over Europe

That old man thinks he's still young.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 chassis

Originally posted by markp27
It's tiring rollerblading here and there
I wondered if you ever got tired of it. You need to take up acting lessons Bro.

Now I've tried my JP Palmaris with a head clearence (thanks for the word D! ) of 0.4mm, it goes like a rocket ship.
Thanks only for the word? You should thank Onkel Sow first then for the English lesson.

Yesterday I was playing around with the handling of the 710 and now I've got it perfect - just a touch of oversteer on throttle to flick the rear-end around.
Having said that, the next race is on a very fast flowing circuit, so I should really need the oversteer kick.
Yup. The on power oversteer flick is important especially if you're running solid front. Different way of driving. Where people would let off throttle and slow down to get steering on a corner or a chicane, you punch a little to twich the rear end to where you want the car to head.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 chassis

Originally posted by InitialD

That old man thinks he's still young.
But there again, as long as ones GF is young......
Old 04-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcjayy
I need help

today I ran my 710 for the first time this year and when I started it up and hit the gas the car did not move, so I kept hitting the gas but the car stayed in place as the engine was reving high. I then looked at the clutch and gears and they were moving but the wheels would not ingage, after a few second I heard a loud click and the car started moving, 2 minutes later it did it again for a few seconds, then it started moving again, then I noticed loud clicks when shifting that I never heard before, I then took the two speed out to check the oneway and I could not turn it with my hand, so it appears to be working, could it be for some reason it sticking in second, but if it was shouldnt the car move slow? does anyone have any ideas I would appreciate it
Did you read Glenn Cauley's clutch article on mytsn? I assume it's the clutch problem.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 chassis

But there again, as long as ones GF is young......
3 words... Dirty Old Man.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710 chassis

Originally posted by InitialD
I wondered if you ever got tired of it. You need to take up acting lessons Bro.

Thanks only for the word? You should thank Onkel Sow first then for the English lesson.
The english lessons I need still

[/b]Yup. The on power oversteer flick is important especially if you're running solid front. Different way of driving. Where people would let off throttle and slow down to get steering on a corner or a chicane, you punch a little to twich the rear end to where you want the car to head. [/B]
I noticed this even with the diff - it was easier to hit the throttle than to let the car roll through the corner. But even with the one-way which I've been using for the last couple of days it was nice to have the flick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.