Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

So I through a mod motor in my car and loved the way it can handle any jump with ease. Still having a little out of the corner on power gets sideways glitch. I switched to the ball diff and it didn't fix it. Now I am running rear arms in stock setup. I've been reading that you guys are changing your arms. So are you just switching sides with them to make them reversed? Also is the low grip chassis the fix for the diff out situation?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

LG chassis will help a ton... also getting the adjustable rear arm mounts.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
LG chassis will help a ton... also getting the adjustable rear arm mounts.
So what about the rear arms? Are you just switching right to left? Getting lower grip chassis gonna solve or just make less of a rear end twitch?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

I run them stock... I mounted them reversed once but the shocks hit the body. probably need that upper trans mount to mount them on the rear of the arms to have enough clearance.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

file:///Users/cody/Desktop/pieces%20from%20discount%20rc.jpg got my anti squat and 1.6 mm to drill the shocks!!! with the stock spring, does anyone know what oil I should use on a dry smooth clay/top soil track?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cody.byrnes
file:///Users/cody/Desktop/pieces%20from%20discount%20rc.jpg got my anti squat and 1.6 mm to drill the shocks!!! with the stock spring, does anyone know what oil I should use on a dry smooth clay/top soil track?
32.5f/25r is a good start point. Tony might chime in with a better answer.

I bumped up from the Core red's to Core green's on my KF last night. Improved the corner speed and landings, had a slight bounce on one short straight, but it was not upsetting the car. Happy with the change. Received 4 hole pistons for rear...gonna try those next. Still waiting on my LG chassis..
Old 05-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
So I through a mod motor in my car and loved the way it can handle any jump with ease. Still having a little out of the corner on power gets sideways glitch. I switched to the ball diff and it didn't fix it. Now I am running rear arms in stock setup. I've been reading that you guys are changing your arms. So are you just switching sides with them to make them reversed? Also is the low grip chassis the fix for the diff out situation?
How much toe are you running in the rear? Tires? Track type? If traction is down, or track is dusting up this car will tend to want to step out, the easy quick fix is to toe the rear more.. This car creates a smoother throttle finger..
Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

anti squat and 1.6 drilled pistons made my kf feel like a new car!!! now all i need is to get the right tires and it will be dialed!!! thanks for all the help guys!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Awesome

Ive tried a few diff oil combos... for the rear 25 is about the lightest I would go, but we usually have big jumps here. ~20ft triples are normal here. For the front it just dpends on the steering feel you want... I like 32.5.

Adding rear toe in adds forward bite, so if your car is loose when you pick up the throttle you could add alittle. I try not to run more than the 3.25 on the setup sheet. It can make the car transition from on throttle to off throttle real abrupt, I run just enough that the car feels planted.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Its been a few days since this has been bumped up. Apparently everyone has their cars so dialed we don't have to talk about them anymore. HAHA
Old 05-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've been running my buddies kf, haven't ordered mine yet,lol! Our track is low to medium at best for local races. I did get the car working really well with just the shorty conversion. Gonna try a few things Friday night and race it again Saturday before I give it back to him.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Laker67
Its been a few days since this has been bumped up. Apparently everyone has their cars so dialed we don't have to talk about them anymore. HAHA
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rhett McNair
I've been running my buddies kf, haven't ordered mine yet,lol! Our track is low to medium at best for local races. I did get the car working really well with just the shorty conversion. Gonna try a few things Friday night and race it again Saturday before I give it back to him.
You sure are a pal to get it all dialed in and give it back. I had to do quite a bit of setup changes Tuesday night on our new track. I made a few toe, anti squat, and shock location changes and the car was really good. I tried my KR for fun to see how it would run and it was hooked up in the rear but wasn't even comparable to the cornering speed of this car.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tires

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Awesome

Ive tried a few diff oil combos... for the rear 25 is about the lightest I would go, but we usually have big jumps here. ~20ft triples are normal here. For the front it just dpends on the steering feel you want... I like 32.5.

Adding rear toe in adds forward bite, so if your car is loose when you pick up the throttle you could add alittle. I try not to run more than the 3.25 on the setup sheet. It can make the car transition from on throttle to off throttle real abrupt, I run just enough that the car feels planted.

i went with 32.5 front and 27.5 rear and it seemed good. i just bumped my breaks up from 20 to 30% because the car was a little high on the nose off a jump...that did the trick. do you or anyone have any suggestions as far as front tires? what the proline ions and aka vektor tires will do to a buggy at the same dry low grip smooth track(what each will do/which would be better off? they both are soft compound with the same inserts. I like the ions but think the vektor tire could work well too. any advice is appreciated!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New here, first post, just got me a new cougar kf thing is super sleek and the build was easy, ran it this past week end on medium to high bite clay and took third, i have a few questions but here is my setup first, i reversed the rear arms, im running 25 wt in all four shocks, long wheel base, clay ions in rear and super soft in front, 10k in gear diff, running a tekin gen 2 17.5 high rpm with tekin rs gen 2 esc. Stock springs and shocks are set up as per manual along with every thing else. So heres first question what gearing should i run for the 17.5?? Pinion? Spur? Also what side gear will make a difference? I need more speed currently running no timing. Also what do i need to do to make the rear grip better?? I see all this drilling shock piston stuff what is that all about and how would i do that? Please let me know what i can change on my setup that will give me grip out of the corner, sorry for the long post and thanks for your time guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.