Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing 2250kv Troubleshooting!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought the problem with the motor sound though? reprogramming your ESC will change your rotation, but a quick fix is just swapping two of the wires in the sensorless setting to troubleshoot the sound.
if you're determined to run sensored (or the ESC can't in fact run sensorless), then yes try the ESC reprogramming.
and don't get frustrated... the first couple of times programming the ESC with all of the beeps can be tough. you won't get it the first time

I had a Hobbyking (not hobbyw) motor that went bad really quickly, was a problem with a couple coil wires catching the magneto and jamming a bit. once the motor spun a few times, the wires were pushed back into their coil. you can take the 2-3 screws out, and slide the magnet out of the motor and see if there is any binding happening.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by scwrod
So, I take it you have the manual and just don't understand?.

Tx on
Hold set button
Turn on ESC
Will flash red then
1green
Keep holding set
2 green
Keep holding set
3 green
And so on till you get 11 green flashes
Release the set button
You are now in mode11 motor rotation
Only 2 settings
Use set button to pick the one you want.
Turn off esc

Also calibrate the ESC to your tx with throttle maxed out.
i'm really having problems with this!!! man!! tx on, holding the set button i turn on the esc, I get 20 red lights and beeps..then i'm freaking confuesd!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fletch7276
I thought the problem with the motor sound though? reprogramming your ESC will change your rotation, but a quick fix is just swapping two of the wires in the sensorless setting to troubleshoot the sound.
if you're determined to run sensored (or the ESC can't in fact run sensorless), then yes try the ESC reprogramming.
and don't get frustrated... the first couple of times programming the ESC with all of the beeps can be tough. you won't get it the first time

I had a Hobbyking (not hobbyw) motor that went bad really quickly, was a problem with a couple coil wires catching the magneto and jamming a bit. once the motor spun a few times, the wires were pushed back into their coil. you can take the 2-3 screws out, and slide the magnet out of the motor and see if there is any binding happening.
ok but now that i put the wires were they were originally...the weird sound stoped!!! but I just have reverse acceleration!!! I'm really frustrated!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fletch7276

how can I acctually reprogram it?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

now the car is just crazy!! I just dont really know what I did!! The car suddenly starts accelerating by itselfff!!! wtf!! I can't reset the esc to normal values by holding the set button for 3 seconds as it says on the manual!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dewxone
now the car is just crazy!! I just dont really know what I did!! The car suddenly starts accelerating by itselfff!!! wtf!! I can't reset the esc to normal values by holding the set button for 3 seconds as it says on the manual!!!
Sounds like you need to recalibrate. Find the directions for your ESC and follow them.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Sounds like you need to recalibrate. Find the directions for your ESC and follow them.
the only thing i can find in the manual is the "reset all items to default values" option...and it just wont work!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

No..recalibrate the ESC to the TX.

ESC off
Turn on your TX
Hold the SET button and turn on the ESC...release the SET button before it enters the programing mode.
With trigger in neutral press SET.
Then with trigger in full throttle press SET.
Finally with trigger in full reverse press SET.

Process is at the top right of the first page of the user manual.
http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...-09-SCTPRO.pdf

You may have a different ESC but they are the same procedure.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

ESC off
Turn on your TX
Hold the SET button and turn on the ESC...release the SET button before it enters the programing mode.

ok this acctually work!! or... kind of..just front is reverse and reverse is front..no brake for front just for reverse!!! so I did it the oposite way still dont have brakes for front..and no power al all!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

ESC off
Turn on your TX

super frustrating!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

ok this acctually work!! or... kind of..just front is reverse and reverse is front..no brake for front just for reverse!!! so I did it the oposite way still dont have brakes for front..and no power al all!!!
Now it sounds like you need to reverse the motor rotation per menu option 11.

Do you have a programing card? If not does the LED card work with your specific ESC?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

super frustrating!!!
There is the option to take the rig into your local hobby shop for hands on help if the help here is not getting things resolved. No promise that they will just help out of kindness but most guys I talk to that work in the shop would have no problem taking a moment to lend a hand. It helps though to be recognized as a returning paying customer for this free help. But it can be an option if it is only getting you more frustrated
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Could you make a video of whats going on so I can better help you?

You are welcome to email me [email protected] Faster response I will get you through this and get you running