Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

I am running a Gianna. It was my first time running the car Sunday. Body felt good but then again I have not ran the other two bodies. I ran a R5 with a protoform corvette body prior.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I go back and forth with the Sophie and the CRC. Right now I like the Sophie better. Try it out and see what you like.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What about the Ginna. How does it compare. Are WGT Bodies Like Touring Car Bodies Where One Gives More Front Bite One More Rear Bite And So on.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waltss2k
So which is the better body to run on the SE. I'm running a Sofia right now. Been thinking about the CRC WGT body.
Just get the other two bodies and decide for yourself. I keep all three around.

Bill
Old 01-02-2015, 03:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgen
I am running a Gianna. It was my first time running the car Sunday. Body felt good but then again I have not ran the other two bodies. I ran a R5 with a protoform corvette body prior.
The Pf Corvette is a great scale shell, but will tend to understeer on a World GT compared to Sophia, Gianna or the CRC/BlackArt shell.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:55 AM
Tech Regular

What about the Ginna. How does it compare. Are WGT Bodies Like Touring Car Bodies Where One Gives More Front Bite One More Rear Bite And So on.
In my experience the Sophia is a well balanced shell for a World GT. By that I mean it has more steering than older shells like the Corvette, and has good rear end bite. If the car does get loose then it will tend to slide in a controllable way.

The Gianna by comparison has a lot more front bite. If you'd have to lift for a sweeper with the Sophia, then you might be able to take it with more throttle with the Gianna. That can come at a cost if the car is edgy, as any slide will be quick and harder to catch.

I've not run the CRC/Black Art shell, but have raced against it. It looks to give a lot of steering, and more rear end bite than the Gianna.

You will find different sets up and driving styles will suit one or the other. I've adjusted my car to run the Sophia on medium grip tracks, which works well for me
Old 01-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Good info. Thanks guys
Old 01-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hello,
I'm planning to drive my CRC gen X10 SE on carpet. I'm looking for the best position for the electronic. Should the ESC be the closest to the rear pod or the battery?

What is the difference in terms of feeling?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IgorR
Hello,
I'm planning to drive my CRC gen X10 SE on carpet. I'm looking for the best position for the electronic. Should the ESC be the closest to the rear pod or the battery?

What is the difference in terms of feeling?

Thanks
Having the ESC next to the rear pod allows you to run the shortest wires possible to the motor; and, having the battery connections facing towards the rear in the chassis gives you the shortest wires to the ESC.

And with the 1S ESC at the back there is plenty of room for the receiver being placed next to it.

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 01-04-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Having the ESC next to the rear pod allows you to run the shortest wires possible to the motor; and, having the battery connections facing towards the rear in the chassis gives you the shortest wires to the ESC.

And with the 1S ESC at the back there is plenty of room for the receiver being placed next to it.

Cheers!

Bill
Thanks,

So it sounds like there is no effects on the car handling.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IgorR
Thanks,

So it sounds like there is no effects on the car handling.
Igor,

Sorry for not answering that...And I prefer the slightly heavier weight of the battery being in the forward position. Most CRC WGT cars I have seen in the US are in this configuration.

The other WGT placement issue is whether to have the servo in the old style standard position or reversed and forward. I definitely prefer the reversed and forward position as how the SE kit now comes standard. CRC wins again by giving us such options to play with!

Bill
Old 01-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Igor,

Sorry for not answering that...And I prefer the slightly heavier weight of the battery being in the forward position. Most CRC WGT cars I have seen in the US are in this configuration.

The other WGT placement issue is whether to have the servo in the old style standard position or reversed and forward. I definitely prefer the reversed and forward position as how the SE kit now comes standard. CRC wins again by giving us such options to play with!

Bill
Thank you
Old 01-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers!

Bill
Hey Bill can you send me a pic of your chassis so I can see the placement of the electronics.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Bill can you send me a pic of your chassis so I can see the placement of the electronics.
Here are a few pics of my Carpet SE...First one details most of the motor/ESC/battery wiring.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-se-002.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-se-003.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-se-005.jpg  
Old 01-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Shock question

My wgt is the x10, I have the big losi TC style rear shock which is ok for running outdoor asphalt but should I get the smaller one used on the current cars for indoor carpet? Or is it preference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.