Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anyone running a 25.5 yet
Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terryh1313
anyone running a 25.5 yet
i would have to say doubtful...the new rules don't take effect until September - so I don't see any tracks switching over early..

and besides its been only about 2 weeks since Novak said they were available for sale

and even if someone got a motor - it would only be for 'testing' not actual racing
Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Company Representative

We now have inventory in our USVTA store area on two of the 3 systems and both brushless 25.5 motors.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
We now have inventory in our USVTA store area on two of the 3 systems and both brushless 25.5 motors.
cool
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I am a little confused

Hi there, I am a little confused about why there are 3 different vta systems. After all of the talk and some complaining about speedos and things, why isn't there just one option for vta, and cut the crap. Does one of these systems have an advantage over the other and if so aren't we just shifting the problem over to a new set of issues. I ran a lot of vta last year and I ran a tekin and was very happy with it, because I could handle the speed and had a great time with it. I would be more than willing to buy a spec novak system for vta events if I new there was only one system, and no one had any kind of advantage outside of running a 500 dollar touring car in a class that is supposed to be reletively spec, but that is another issue.
Thanks.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The ESC's available are those allowable by VTA rules. ESC technology has been at such a fast pace recently and to limit the rules to one esc and motor only would be overkill. It's one thing to spec esc's and motors within a reasonable range of performance but to limit things to 1 sytem only.....thats a marketing mistake. It would probably take much of the appeal away from the current effort which is a stroke of genious on the part of Novak and VTA. When was the last time you saw this kind of manufacturer effort undertaken to aid the survival of one class !!?? This was a bold step and one that still has room to be tweaked if need be. The other side of those choices is practicality and function. I got the ballistic because of what it offers me in the long term. I got the havoc pro because it was the best combination of performance and bang for the buck. Also, with these systems you still have some room to buy what fits in your budget.
I'm sure Novak will answer your question too but I thought I'd just give you another racers view. Hope it helps.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Company Representative

We are only offering systems with the escs and motors allowed by the new USVTA rules. The performance differences between the motors should be non-existent; however, our Ballistic motors offer racers more re-buildability options than the older SS Pro motors. Another important part of our overall program is exchanging old Vel/SS Pro motors for newer SS Pro 25.5 motors and allowing upgrades to the Ballistic 25.5 motors.

The Havoc Pro escs (with new programming options) offer the same performance and on resistance of our older GTBs. The performance difference between the Havoc Pro (GTB, SLYDR) and the Havoc 2S (XBR) should be minimal when paired with a 25.5 T motor.

In order to make this transition to the new rules as affordable as possible, we also offer RMF Havoc 2Ss and GTBs. A Havoc 2S (59.99) plus a motor exchange (44.00 + sh/hdl) is a cost effective way to purchase the electronics and get involved in the USVTA series.

Our goal in offering this program is to help grow this cost controlled series and offer an inviting package for new-comers to racing who can't afford the "newest, hottest" esc of the week in order to stay competitive.

Originally Posted by mrod
Hi there, I am a little confused about why there are 3 different vta systems. After all of the talk and some complaining about speedos and things, why isn't there just one option for vta, and cut the crap.

Does one of these systems have an advantage over the other and if so aren't we just shifting the problem over to a new set of issues. I ran a lot of vta last year and I ran a tekin and was very happy with it, because I could handle the speed and had a great time with it.

I would be more than willing to buy a spec novak system for vta events if I new there was only one system, and no one had any kind of advantage outside of running a 500 dollar touring car in a class that is supposed to be reletively spec, but that is another issue.
Thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

from my experience running the 2S Havoc Refurb and a 21.5 ballistic in a class that is open as far as ESC and motor selection goes (still must be a 21.5, and I don't think others are running timing software, etc), the vehicle had speed and punch that was close to other vehicles out there.

From what I could tell, I didn't feel it was my power setup that was lacking at all. I think the only thing I wish novak would offer is a "capacitor" pouch. Something that goes around the capacitor that has a flat surface that I can easily bond some servo tape to and stick it where ever.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Company Representative

We are working on a different Transcap module design for our high wind, spec motors. It isn't tiny, but it will consist of 3 smaller caps and a flat bottom, which should make it somewhat easier to install.

Originally Posted by Cain
from my experience running the 2S Havoc Refurb and a 21.5 ballistic in a class that is open as far as ESC and motor selection goes (still must be a 21.5, and I don't think others are running timing software, etc), the vehicle had speed and punch that was close to other vehicles out there.

From what I could tell, I didn't feel it was my power setup that was lacking at all. I think the only thing I wish novak would offer is a "capacitor" pouch. Something that goes around the capacitor that has a flat surface that I can easily bond some servo tape to and stick it where ever.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah. thats pretty much the only complaint I had with the Havoc was that even using the really good servo tape you guys have, the cap would just come off. I may just zip tie it around the case right now.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i use a dab of shoe glue on my gtb/gtx cap to keep it down...been there for 3 years...lol
Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

It's there for three years because you never hit the boards, or anyone else for that matter.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dondor
It's there for three years because you never hit the boards, or anyone else for that matter.
oh i hit them...im not that good..lol...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a Ballistic 17.5 that I installed a 21.5 stator. How far off from 30* timing could the new stator be? Is it safe to say that is +/-5*?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 2xs
I have a Ballistic 17.5 that I installed a 21.5 stator. How far off from 30* timing could the new stator be? Is it safe to say that is +/-5*?
For technical questions, please email [email protected] for assistance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.