TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Oh no, now you've done it! There will be a "who can find the cheapest Novak ESC that outperforms the Havoc" war
Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Now i'm curious though. Is there any particular reason it shouldn't work ? He's good on speed at reasonable gear ratios , no problems so far with temperatures. So is there any anything you think we might need to pay special attention to ??
See my post right above--it's way better than I remember!

We should probably update our web copy to include 540 motor compatibility for certain wind motors. I can also see if RobK can add it to his list of approved escs. If so, we could combo it with an SS Pro 25.5 tailored more toward those vehicles with extremely limited room for the electronics.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm kinda surprised. NovakTwo HAS mentioned the Mongoose before and I thought some people would at least try it. Substantially smaller. NO...it's not VTA legal but it really should be. I think that's just a matter of no one asking for it to be added to the list. Right now I have the Havoc Spec in my VTA car. My chassis doesn't have a lot of room and even with a small 2.4ghz receiver and a low profile Savox servo....things are crowded. The Mongoose would fit even better than a Havoc Pro or either the Pro or Spec with a low profile heatsink.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

If the Mongoose works, what would it take to make it USVTA legal?

Lynn
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Not much really. Some practical experience and a quick look at the specs by Rob and crew. If you go to Novak's site and look at the spec chart......the Mongoose clearly qualifies using the Havoc as a referance.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It would be nice to see a much smaller version of the GTB2 with same style of heatsink and a smaller fan. Add that with the GTB2 features and they would have something for me to upgrade from my older GTB. As of now there is no reason from me to spend the money. I do hope Novak keeps the quality and lowest on board resistance they can. I'll pay more for quality, but the size is the issue with many.

Last edited by RCknight; 03-01-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Not much really. Some practical experience and a quick look at the specs by Rob and crew. If you go to Novak's site and look at the spec chart......the Mongoose clearly qualifies using the Havoc as a referance.
Maybe they can have a cheaper motor ESC combo then the $129.00 one.

Lynn
Old 03-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

You DO know you can buy the Havoc/25.5 SS combo for 105 bucks ...right ??

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...4.0.0.0?pp=10&
Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

You DO know you can buy the Havoc/25.5 SS combo for 105 bucks ...right ??

http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...4.0.0.0?pp=10&
No, actually I didn't, that one isn't listed on the VTA Novac site.
All the links I found in these threads had $129! Or is it different??

http://www.shopatron.com/products/ca...9593.256.0.0.0
http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...6.0.0.0?pp=10&
Awesome!
Thanks,
Lynn
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Novak has one of the best remanufactured products programs in the business. Read up on what's done to their reman items. I have one and so do many other VTA racers. Haven't heard of many issues yet. If you're looking for the best, least expensive way to have essentially new equipment in your VTA ride....the reman program is the way to go.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Company Representative

We offer several programs for Novak customers, unmatched by any other company in the R/C Industry:

...Re-manufactured Program, electronics with full, new factory warranties

...Trade-In Service, for all currently mfg products

...Legacy Lifetime Upgrades, for all obsolete (no longer mfg) products.

We have adapted all of these programs to include our customized products for USVTA racers. If you damage an item, you can always return it and replace with the same or exchange the item for something different.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

NovakTwo, does your site take Pay pal? I look quick but I didn't see any provisions or signs unless there is when you actually order a item.
If it doesn't I'll have to transfer the funds I have in it to my bank account.

Lynn
Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Lynn, it's probably a bit early for NovakTwo to be up and around. They do take PayPal. I was going to make a small order the other day and I had money in the PayPal account so I was glad to see they took it.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Company Representative

We have added Paypal for all customer service transactions; such as our Trade-In and Legacy programs linked above. Our Storefront---operated by Shopatron---does not accept Paypal (we do not set SAT policies.)

However, if you wish to purchase something from the store, CS can work with you so that you can charge it to your Paypal account. Many of our international customers do not have credit cards and prefer to use Paypal, when purchasing from the US; so we recently added it (and established guidelines) to make your transactions problem-free.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Company Representative

Hey Lynn, it's probably a bit early for NovakTwo to be up and around. They do take PayPal. I was going to make a small order the other day and I had money in the PayPal account so I was glad to see they took it.
We are always happy to take your money.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.