Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Guys,

I'm having problem with my spurs, Destroyed 2 tonight. When I hit, I think the lay shaft kinda bend and strip a spur. Im running PRS Gears...

I've know replace the spur with an RW and ran it a little tighter and manage to finish the night without ruining it.

Am I the only one having this type of issue?

Thanks

Jon Gagnon
I've done that as well using the PRS gears. I never had this problem with the stock Losi gears. The Kimbrough gears seem to hold up just like the stock Losi gears. For the price...the PRS gears are too soft and don't hold up as well. (IMO)
Old 07-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That would make sense, I'll try some other brand.

I manage to get the same laptime on rubber as I had with the T2... Its getting dialed I'm liking that car more and more!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have not had one problem with the stock spur gears, I would suggest going back to those. How can you beat changing the spur gear with one e clip?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I have not had one problem with the stock spur gears, I would suggest going back to those. How can you beat changing the spur gear with one e clip?

Yah, last time i drove the car..sheesh.. like in march i went back to stock spurs. I roached two PRS in one day.. Iv got the itch... I wish there was some carpet racing going on now at Fastcats...

KB
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smojoe
wait, dogbones? what?

this car is great, until it comes to the plastic parts. ballcups are sloppy when they have only been put on once and the arms... well.. I had to buy more shims, lets just leave it at that. Don't know if it's just because I am used to 12th scale, but the amount of play in the suspension on this car is pathetic.
That's called speed slop, don't worry about it my JRX-S was very good to me and I only ever made sure that the amount of play was fairly equal from left to right.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Guys,

I'm having problem with my spurs, Destroyed 2 tonight. When I hit, I think the lay shaft kinda bend and strip a spur. Im running PRS Gears...

I've know replace the spur with an RW and ran it a little tighter and manage to finish the night without ruining it.

Am I the only one having this type of issue?

Thanks

Jon Gagnon
Hey Jon, while the PRS is nice and adds bling to the car I have never felt the need to change from the stock kevlar gears, they are very tough and lighter than the PRS adapter/spur combination. Many people saw my gear that I drilled many holes into it and it wieghed only 3 grams but I used it for many months of stock and 19 turn racing with no problems. The Kevlar spur is nice!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Horizon now has the steel battery trays on their website.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffb
Hey Jon, while the PRS is nice and adds bling to the car I have never felt the need to change from the stock kevlar gears, they are very tough and lighter than the PRS adapter/spur combination. Many people saw my gear that I drilled many holes into it and it wieghed only 3 grams but I used it for many months of stock and 19 turn racing with no problems. The Kevlar spur is nice!

Your right, I ordered some of the losi spur today so Ill be running them now.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

one thing you can do is dye your spur gear in black it looks pretty cool !!!

Hey Keith, get ready for some carpet action soon. Fastcats will have a Warmup race for vegas very early september and there might be something in between or at least you can come practice on practice day. I will be there lat august until the IIC !!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Kevin, long time no see
aren't you suppose to be at school

JB
Old 07-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mainracer
one thing you can do is dye your spur gear in black it looks pretty cool !!!

Hey Keith, get ready for some carpet action soon. Fastcats will have a Warmup race for vegas very early september and there might be something in between or at least you can come practice on practice day. I will be there lat august until the IIC !!
Wow.. august till Vegas. Yah,, ill get up with you.. Only problem is your driving that stinky car

I actually contemplated doing practice today but to drive to Toronto, I would hope they had a bit longer of a practice day. Its only 10-4.. I also wish they ran carpet racing on Friday nights like the old RC Champs.. we will see i guess.

KB
Old 07-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Really, really struggled today with the car. Was running Todd Hodge's setup for Ripon (http://team-spoon.bravehost.com/Jrx-...e_Ripon_07.pdf) at Wrexham here in the UK running 19t and the car was terrible. I just could not get the back end planted. I'd put the power down and the rear would squirm and make the car spin, yeah I tried taming it on the throttle but that made the lap time super slow (and didn't help that much tbh). I do all the usual pre race check ups etc and nothing was untoward, even with fresh tyres the car was rubbish.

Any ideas guys? What am I doing wrong? The car is dialled indoors, maybe I'm just to used to the grip of the carpet or something.

Hmm.

<-------- I think that combination is near enough my current feeling.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Really, really struggled today with the car. Was running Todd Hodge's setup for Ripon (http://team-spoon.bravehost.com/Jrx-...e_Ripon_07.pdf) at Wrexham here in the UK running 19t and the car was terrible. I just could not get the back end planted. I'd put the power down and the rear would squirm and make the car spin, yeah I tried taming it on the throttle but that made the lap time super slow (and didn't help that much tbh). I do all the usual pre race check ups etc and nothing was untoward, even with fresh tyres the car was rubbish.

Any ideas guys? What am I doing wrong? The car is dialled indoors, maybe I'm just to used to the grip of the carpet or something.

Hmm.

<-------- I think that combination is near enough my current feeling.

try this set up
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-05-17-2007-11%3B21%3B22am-3.jpg  
Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers, I'll give that a go.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

KB
If you live anywhere near IN. My lhs/track has test n' tunes during the summer. Check the addy in my sig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.