Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I finally ran my new PHI in the driveway - practicing for this coming weekend.Looks good. I can say on our little team we have 2 RDXs and a T2 xray.Now we have 2 RDX PHI and an T2 Xray.Again having owned every Corally TC this is by far the best ever to work on.If you want to run down the Corally PHI go ahead if that makes you feel any better.It's a better car and the Corally guys have always been right there if I needed any help period.The price is the price, if you want it pony up if you don't nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you.If you don't like it- sell it.
I have had mine for almost 3 months and it hasn't even had a set of tires on it yet. I'm still having problems fitting the 3200 orion lipo pack in it. It's still hitting the rear bulkhead. I've sanded the bevels already. Looks like I'll be sanding some more. Hopefully it will be ready for the state race this weekend. If not I'll have my 2 1/2 year old RDX for a back up.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
XRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CorallyUSA
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE!

8 Degree Caster Blocks for Corally RDX Phi

Specialized RC has designed, tested and now are releasing all new 8 Degree Caster Blocks for the Phi. We have found these blocks to work excellent on foam tire carpet racing for the added edge. Just in time for the Las Vegas IIC race at the end of the month.

That's awesome!!! Mark me down for a set of those for Vegas Jeff/Rob.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by XRC
That's awesome!!! Mark me down for a set of those for Vegas Jeff/Rob.
Cant wait to try them out before Vegas. They look good. Ill let you guys know my results.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And then I put my Phi on the track and all the bad feelings evaporated. I didn't intend taking the car to the track, so it wasn't finished as far as shock mods; did the front but not the rear.

So with that in mind and just itching to 'see' where it's at, away I do with 10.5 and rubber tyres. Green track and green car, should be big danger signs. Either my driving has got rapidly a million times better or something else has happened. Oh yeh, I've got a Corally Phi and it's brilliant.

jacko
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have tried the 8 deg blocks at the gate this past weekend. here are my findings they definately take away alot of turn in and awesome middle out steering especially on power. i think these blocks will be a great add on to anyones arsonal.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CorallyUSA
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE!

8 Degree Caster Blocks for Corally RDX Phi

Specialized RC has designed, tested and now are releasing all new 8 Degree Caster Blocks for the Phi. We have found these blocks to work excellent on foam tire carpet racing for the added edge. Just in time for the Las Vegas IIC race at the end of the month.

Jeff...!! Sign me up! ;-)

Go ahead and ship me a set..... or do i have to order off the site?

-Hope you're doing well!

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I got my 8deg casters in today. Awesome job guys. Machining quality is top notch. Going to be testing them out this weekend in prep for Vegas. I'll post up my thoughts.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Had some issues with 26mm jacos and the new caster the wheels are hitting arms
Old 09-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenny L
The 26mm Jaco "Wagon Wheels" did tend to rub because of all the reinforcement on the inside of the wheel. I shaved the end of the arm down a bit to keep it from rubbing. The new Prisms, aka "Dubs" don't have that problem, as there is plenty of clearance.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kenny L
The 26mm JACO tires are a smaller rim diameter which is probably what you are seeing. Just round the edge of the arm like Craig said and should be good.

Jeff
Old 09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got to put my RDX on a track yesterday for a race, both heats were crap but I took first in the main and that was starting in fourth out of four. Small race, small track. The RDX handles like a champ and I gotta wonder how much better the Phi handles.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASCI_Blue
Got to put my RDX on a track yesterday for a race, both heats were crap but I took first in the main and that was starting in fourth out of four. Small race, small track. The RDX handles like a champ and I gotta wonder how much better the Phi handles.
its amazing
Old 09-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't tell me that!

Originally Posted by goop
its amazing
Old 09-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ASCI_Blue

Come on Steve. Be happy with what you've got. It ran well once the kinks were worked out. You have a car thats 98% nicer than anyone at the track. See you in 2 weeks.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

8 deg castor blocks felt awesome. I ran 2 tenths faster per lap and iit felt like I could drive it harder, smoother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.