Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

please read the post I was refering to again and you will find that the last sentence was aimed toward the 60C Lipos (which i will get tomorrow for testing)

I simply know that 6564 is fastest
Old 12-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
please read the post I was refering to again and you will find that the last sentence was aimed toward the 60C Lipos (which i will get tomorrow for testing)

I simply know that 6564 is fastest
ok no worries, he was asking if the motor was legal, and when you replied 'no it isnt legal yet, so have not tried'.......I assumed you were talking about the motor. My bad.....
Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

wether or not the motor is legal greatly depends on the country / series you race in
Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
Quote:
Question

do you already test 6200 gm lipo?

thanks and regards
chiottola

Answer

No not legal yet, so not tried it
That's why martin is faster... concentration. LOL
Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 6564

hello, I will put a pics of the motor 6564 I have compared to the 6568 17.5, to show there is some hardware timing on the 13.5 stator and in the 17.5 there is none (and in 9.5 and 6.5 graupner sport 2010 none too). it look more built like a corally pro red series motor that have hardware timing and smaller rotor than the graupner, anyway the rotor feel a lot easier to turn than the other 65xx motor I have. corally have 12.1mm rotor and graupner 12.5 if I recall right from Martin other post. dont know for sure but the 6564 I have look a smaller rotor....

later
chiottola
Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 65xx difference version

hello Martin and all, here the pics, 1)those two motor (6564 and 6554 bought in different place and time) have different hardware: 2)look at the back endbell there is: white vs black sensor plug, green vs black pcb, plated part of the stator where the stator wires is soldered have more surface in the newer motor. 3) front endbell: the stator triangle have different position, the
older motor have some hardware timing, maybe 30°. 4) Pic from esc wires connector show different position, older motor have those in outer position relative to the stator. I have to try the 13.5 motor so will look how it perform at 0 software timing and will post impression,

regards
chiottola
Attached Thumbnails GM Brushless-pict2712.jpg   GM Brushless-pict2708.jpg   GM Brushless-pict2715.jpg   GM Brushless-pict2719.jpg  
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

I will check on that and report later
Old 12-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,would you please be so kind to explain me how to /link me to an explanation about changing firmware on my genius 90 ?
I've been looking at the Graupner website,i figured it would take some kind of USB device but i couldn't find anything like that. I would also try to program the esc without dealing with the button,i personally found it a confusing so i'd rather get a programmer or some kind of way to hook the controller up to my computer,i found several kind of programmers but i don't know wich one to choose and the differences,besides none is available.
About those 13.5t motors i'm on my way to order one but i'm confused about the differences,it's important since i'm gonna get one for training and the other one for racing (Pro10 Swiss Championship)
Thanks .
Old 12-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Ghiro

What you need to upgrade the firmware is this device: USB Interface

You'll need also to install the drivers and the software to upgrade. You can find all in gm-racing.de, you can also check http://www.info-rc.net/ on the top of the page there's a tab named Software Gm and you have it all there, even the link to v13 how to. About programing the ESC i found better to have the laptop at the track, because you have also the telemetry there's very usefull. And the How To that Martin made for us is very simple and REALLY FAST.

Complaning the motors my advice is for you to get your federation rules, because if you can use graupner motors go for it, but in many countries they weren't legal and if it is your case go for GM PRO motors, they are allready fast enough to beat the competition.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Martin. I have a problem i'd like your input on if possible.

Im currently using the the gm75 and the pro stock range of motors (6-97294) to be more precise. Im having a problem with low speed cogging. When i accelerate very slowly the motor starts playing up under load and the car start moving forward and backwards. If i nail the throttle most of the times it will just accelerate normally but if i only hesitate for a split second the car wouldnt move then shoot off after some time.

I have changed the sensor wire, tried another motor, re programmed speedo and transmitter settings etc. A friend of mine on idnetical setup has no problems.

Any idea what it could be ?

Apart from the above once the speedo get going it works perfectly.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jorge,
appreciate your help,i'm gonna get two 13.5 Gm's and another Delta motor wich i consider the best choice for 2wd's .
I agree about using the laptop to the track but i have a problem since i'm using a MacBook as a Laptop (wich i believ it won't work with the software) and a huge 17" Pc that is quite to much for the space available at the pit so i'll get a full programming at home and a faster set up with a card by the pit. One last question: wich is the appropriate card to set up the esc? There are too many to choose from.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pro Models
Im having a problem with low speed cogging.
On the acceleration page of the software you need to turn on/tick, "High Speed Timing from switching point rpm".
Problem will be gone.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

@ghiro:

Even with macbook you can setup a dual boot and install windows and use it just for this. I don't have any experience with program cards, maybe Martin can say something.

PS - BTW i suposed you got a GenII speedo.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default graupner sport motors

according to demonpoweproducts, these motors do not work with tekin speed controls.

Do the graupner sports version motors work with hobbywing/speedpasion speed controls?

and another question, why can I get more information about specifications on GM motors on the demonpowerproducts website versus GM graupner website?

the graupner website does not contain gauss strength information on rotors/motors
Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone,

Martin says that the stock graupner motors give more power. Will they do well on 1/12 pancar 10.5T (indoor racing)?

Do usual GM racers go for the power of the graupner or the drivebality of the GM motors in that class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.