Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What do you think we are trying to do? We're trying to bring attention to our problem.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I hear you. But the question becomes "what are you doing about it?". It's VERY easy to point out problems, fixing them is where the skill comes in. And none of the problems you describe seem very difficult to fix at all...when the racers work together and create demand. Just waiting for someone, RD or otherwise, to come fix it for you ain't gonna work.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
The key to this is that if the RACERS demand it there would be a regional event. Unfortunately, the attitude of these posts (intentionally or not) seems to be "do it for me...if you build it I will come". I absolutely believe that if the Nationals required Regional participation it would cause enough demand for Regionals by racers that tracks would line up (once again) to host an event.

But don't sit back--work with your local track. Let them know you would support a Regional. Even if it ISN'T required for Nationals participation. Don't make them have to guess.
Not to hi-jack the nats thread, but trust me. My intentions are not about "do it for me". I apologize if they came off that way. We did demand a regional race countless times only for our director to blow us off as said before. Its one of those huge long drawn out stories that nobody wants to hear about how bad its been here for years. Trust me when I say we as racers in this region are doing what we can to get things back on track, we just need the tracks and director to lend an ear.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
Not to hi-jack the nats thread, but trust me. My intentions are not about "do it for me". I apologize if they came off that way. We did demand a regional race countless times only for our director to blow us off as said before. Its one of those huge long drawn out stories that nobody wants to hear about how bad its been here for years. Trust me when I say we as racers in this region are doing what we can to get things back on track, we just need the tracks and director to lend an ear.
yeah, not in your shoes. I just can't imagine that a track (or all tracks) could possibly make sense if racers are clamouring for a Regional event so they can attend Nats. All your RD has to do is pass the bid on to the ROAR Sanctioning Director...that's really all the RD has to do. And if he ain't reviewing and passing on sanctioning applications he ain't being an RD and you need to field a candidate who WILL do the job.

Back to the Nats...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
Try going OVER the RD's head to say the Prez/VP... I didn't look but who holds the RD accountable for their actions?

The more I hear/write about ROAR the more I want run for something in ROAR and make a difference....
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not to be rude but can you guys take the wine and cheese else where. Your taking away from the Plex's good news.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Congrats to the Plex. I'm sure you guys will put on another great event as usual. Looking forward to making the trip and seeing all the Omaha guys again.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Yeah!

Originally Posted by sesimon
Congrats to the Plex. I'm sure you guys will put on another great event as usual. Looking forward to making the trip and seeing all the Omaha guys again.

Yeah, What he said!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
to answer the question .... I hope this answered your question.
I appreciate you taking time to come online and help us and answer questions on these kinds of issues, and keeping a good attitude too.

I know most organizational work like this is pretty thankless.

Thank you.

PS Congrats on all your write in votes. Will you accept VP again?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Note that the suggestion is you have to attend a regional, but not necessarily in your region!

For instance, if you live in New Jersey (region 2) and missed the carpet race down in Maryland, you can still go to the region 1 race in Connecticut!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
I thought it was mandatory for a track to host a regionals before hosting a nationals?
I have just recently been to the Hobby Plex for their big fall race. It is an excellent facility, without question. They have hosted regionals before, as others have posted.

Rob King
ROAR On Road Electric Commitee
Old 11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by swopemike
I appreciate you taking time to come online and help us and answer questions on these kinds of issues, and keeping a good attitude too.

I know most organizational work like this is pretty thankless.

Thank you.

PS Congrats on all your write in votes. Will you accept VP again?
thank you..

Yes, I accepted. Can't believe it... but I did.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
thank you..

Yes, I accepted. Can't believe it... but I did.

Sucker...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So, I told myself I wasn't going to race onroad this year...unless we get the nats. So now I have to get a car and practice a little bit, so I only get lapped twice instead of three times in mod.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

WOOOHOOOO!! See you boys in March.

CONGRATS - Tim and Alex.

Lets us know when you get hotel info for the one across the street.

Later, Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.