Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 10:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

JohnBull do you own/run a hobby shop? It kinda sounds like you might and that is cool. Very hard now days to have a shop and compete with mail order places and the internet. Your right though about many good cars out their.

Interesting about the toplate for the Yoke. I like that thought of being able to to adjust how much flex a car has.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

My old SP was right on the money(1500gms) with fairly small radio gear and on Yokomo rubber tyres/inserts. The only additional item was a clip on motor heatsink.
The only time it was really underweight was when I used Foam tyres.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

ok guys i did it i got myself a 414MII ive got alot of parts for my yok i might sell the car and all the parts i have for it really really cheap keep watching me
Old 10-23-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

WYD. Yes, I do have a hobby shop. Have had for the last 6 or 7 years. I sell most things for electric RC cars, and most brands.

It's not my main business. That is the tyre business. I import and sell Dunlop tyres as a means of keeping a family, but the Hobby shop certainly helps.

I am also president of our electric RC club here in Malta so that keeps me very busy, and constantly in touch.

And now that I am in the stock class, and son Josh is in mod, at least I can enjoy racing again. I say this because there is just no way I can race in the same race as Josh. I just keep looking at him and flying off the track....with expensive consequences!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

That is very cool that you have a hobbyshop. Our their a few shops on Malta or do you have one of the only ones?

I know what you mean as you really like watching your son and still try from time to time when you run mod and in a blink of an eye a wall it in your path. I try to watch some of the guys even when I run stock as they want me to help them with their car setup and I find when I'm out in front I spend a fair amount of my time watching other cars. Normally that is not a problem once I have a handle on the track. Our shop changes the layout once a month during the winter season.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Chris: Just my advise to you. Just keep the Yokomo, you will find that the Yokomo is still a much better car to race!
Old 10-24-2002, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

lol
Old 10-24-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Chris@WeaponR
well guys i cant wait for the new yokomo any more i think im going to get myself a 414MII and if i do so, does anyone want to buy all my yokomo stuff? i have have lots of them.
Chris- just my 2 cts: i think with the 414m2 you'll be competitive, but not any more competitive than with the mr4 special. i do not know why you keep waiting for/wanting a new yokomo car. just like the tc3, the current yoke has been refined to a very high level of performance. if the mr4 sp is not competitive in today's racing environment, yokomo would already have rushed out a new car asap. in my opinion you would be better off spending money on the latest batts and motors (plus perhaps the new option parts) in your new racing season.

remember, there were two 414m2 and three yokes in the worlds a finals this year. anyway, whatever you decide, best of luck in your racing. cheers.

Old 10-24-2002, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Well over where i am people are just too fast and the yok's are simply not fast enough. so i had invested in motors and all but there simply isnt that much motor to catch these guys. i would always come in towards the middle of the pack. so i have my 414MII and i know this car can go fast. if i do not sell my yok with all the parts i may just keep it and go race it in the mod class
Old 10-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Um.... thats mostly incorrect to say the yokomo isnt fast enough. Sounds more to me like "I havent set it up right, yet." Any car will never be fast without a good setup.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

hey i always check my set-up and ive even had yok drivers and sponsored yok guys look at it and give me set up and its all good. you can make something only so fast then you have to move on.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

See that is kinda a funny as we have 4 guys running the 414M2 and I just keep laughing as they are always a lap or more off my pace every week. They keep getting faster but then so do I. At our track I have never has a 414M2 be on the same lap as me by the end of the A main. It just depends who is driving them and how it is setup. Switcing cars might help only because you automatically have a different setup since it is a totally different car. You might go faster, you might not but have fun anyway.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

well over here also we do not have alot of people running the MR4TC anymore alot of people say the same thing. also other people who do run them are just the opposite they come in a lap or 2 slower than the other cars.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I guess when new stuff comes out people switch and actually work harder on their new car. Sometimes when I get a new car I do actaully go faster. Sometimes it was just a lucky setup and other times it is because I worked alot harder because I was just tires of my old car.

I guess in theory I should have just kept my Pro 2 because even though it is old it was as fast as any of my other cars. I almost bought a M2 since the belt setup and overall setup is very similiar design.

My only thing I don't care for is saddle pack chassis's. I just don't like to split my packs. Just a personal thing and nothing more. Maybe it is go old laziness on my part.

Good luck with the new ride. I always like to get new cars so have a blast.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

you dont have to run saddle packs on the m2 its an option for you to do so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.