try ebay. theres one for $115
heres my setup:
stock aluminum clutch and springs
TOP P5
0S2050 in line pipe with waller for the 063
Old 03-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you can do it.. rc-mushroom is like $99 or something.. my buddy got one from them.. $7 shipping
Old 04-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by TambokGT
try ebay. theres one for $115
heres my setup:
stock aluminum clutch and springs
TOP P5
0S2050 in line pipe with waller for the 063
i found one back east for 89.95, and shipping was $4.95 and no tax. the instructions say to seal the pressure valve w/ a heat resistant epoxy. did you seal it or just tighten it down. if you did seal it, what did you use.

i also wanted to let you i tried your 5/10/2 combo - it felt pretty good, but i think i drove it better 7/10/2. thanks for the suggestion, it's always good to try different things and see if it suits you or not.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Old 04-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Old 04-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

...cool.
...I used a small amount of JB weld around the valve...just enough to reinforce it.
I am running 5/10/2 right now with 35f/30r stock shocks 7mm shock limiters front and back. And it handles great.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Hey tambok can you compare the 2050 to an 063? how does it compare powerband wise, does it still have that nice kick down low? i've considered buying one because the RB polished pipes dent up very easily, even though I like how they perform i'm tired of them denting, so thinking of trying the OS.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nothing compares to the 2050
Old 04-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5
Hey tambok can you compare the 2050 to an 063? how does it compare powerband wise, does it still have that nice kick down low? i've considered buying one because the RB polished pipes dent up very easily, even though I like how they perform i'm tired of them denting, so thinking of trying the OS.
063 gives out tons of torque but poor top end.
0S2050 is like the 086 pipe....but in my case I had to add the waller adapter to give me more torque at my track.....aside from that, top end is awesome......
Old 04-07-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Steering Servos

Going back to steering servos again:

I have to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with Hitec servos on my nitro models. I've seen more dead Futabas/KO servos than I have Hitec. I've only ever heard rumours regarding Hitec servos and in the most part, these are completely unfounded in my experience.

I've used old 615's, 625's, 645's and had no problems with them on either throttle or steering for years! Mucho cheapness!

More recently, I've used Hitec digital 5925's for steering on my MBX4 RR and they are very quick AND have over 9kg of torque @ 6v, again, with no problems whatsoever. I have also used the Hitec digital 5945's, exactly the same as the 5925 but geared for more torque/less speed - 13kg of torque (!!) and still a fast servo, an excellent choice for either 1/8th buggies or MTs. Cost? 40 percent less than some of the main rivals!! Nuff said.

I reckon the biggest problems these servos are likely to encounter is the 'brand name' perceptions that racers seem to adopt so readily.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im glad you've had good experiences with hitec servos

but alot of people havent

im 1 of them

i bought 6 hitec 5925s for 3 cars i had within 1 year 4 failed and within 2 years 7 total times a hitec servo has died on me

now i have to admit they have warrantied these servos every time ive sent them in (thank-you hitec i do appreciate this)

but the fact is from what ive seen with my own stuff hitec has a higher than average failure rate
Old 04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Steering Servos

Originally posted by Horatio
Going back to steering servos again:

I have to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with Hitec servos on my nitro models. I've seen more dead Futabas/KO servos than I have Hitec. I've only ever heard rumours regarding Hitec servos and in the most part, these are completely unfounded in my experience.

I've used old 615's, 625's, 645's and had no problems with them on either throttle or steering for years! Mucho cheapness!

More recently, I've used Hitec digital 5925's for steering on my MBX4 RR and they are very quick AND have over 9kg of torque @ 6v, again, with no problems whatsoever. I have also used the Hitec digital 5945's, exactly the same as the 5925 but geared for more torque/less speed - 13kg of torque (!!) and still a fast servo, an excellent choice for either 1/8th buggies or MTs. Cost? 40 percent less than some of the main rivals!! Nuff said.

I reckon the biggest problems these servos are likely to encounter is the 'brand name' perceptions that racers seem to adopt so readily.
...good for you. I also had a lot of bad experience with Hitecs....service is awesome though...BUT I got tired of calling and sending servos so I changed to other brands......as of now I only go with Airtronics and KOs.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

i, third that notion. it's good you had no problems. howver, i haven't been as fortunate. on a positive note, hitec did replace my damaged servos. i'm pretty much stuck on airtronics. they've been reliable, and local to me if i break 'em. besides, (as i've mentioned before on another thread) bobby tom @ airtronics is a cool man and a wealth of knowledge - kick ass customer service.

on a totally different note, tambok gt - big ups and kudos for suggesting the os 2050... and the jb weld. the jb weld was simple to mix and cured w/o any problems. i ran the pipe yesterday (setup the same from prior), and you're right. it felt like an 063 @ the bottom (maybe even too torquee) w/ the waller, and had still had a grip @ the top. i'd been running my p-5 w/ the 086 and waller. with the os, the top is the same if not more, and the bottom was kick ass!
Old 04-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PTP Racing
im glad you've had good experiences with hitec servos

but alot of people havent

im 1 of them

i bought 6 hitec 5925s for 3 cars i had within 1 year 4 failed and within 2 years 7 total times a hitec servo has died on me

now i have to admit they have warrantied these servos every time ive sent them in (thank-you hitec i do appreciate this)

but the fact is from what ive seen with my own stuff hitec has a higher than average failure rate
What were the circumstances surrounding the failures of the servos? Were they being used for throttle or for steering? I'd like to know because I've not had a single Hitec servo failure in over 5 years. With digital servos especially, I know that you must not stall them or keep them under high load in the same position for long periods ie they aren't ideal for throttle applications.

I've had problems with the potentiometers they use in their Tx's, but nothing else.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

I don't really care for anymore topend, but I really like the kick down low with the 063 - is the 2050 with waller at least very close to that? sorry, im hearing different answers lol

about servos - guys, i guess it doesnt matter - just use what you like (and have had good experience with) and stick with it. Seems like everyones had problems with every brand (okay, ive heard about hitec more than others) but yeah if we were to go by that there'd be nothing to pick.

I've personally run futaba all my life and never had a problem, so i'll stick with it. If it's the same for you and hitec, horatio, why the hell not

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-08-2004 at 03:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.